If this is your first visit, be sure to
check out the FAQ by clicking the
link above. You may have to register
before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages,
select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Last night, I installed my Luke Box and sub. Can't say enough for this thing... it's crazy. Amazing build quality, PERFECT fitment and incredible performance. Just buy one.
It's still a mess right now. I'll take better pictures in the light and when it is all cleared up.
Today though, the UPS man brought me a present. S54 Z3M Mishimoto radiator. This thing is HUGE and I can't wait to get it installed.
Wow. What a day. Went Auto-Xing for my first time and had a blast other than getting totally sunburnt. Also, not sure if it was the correct class or not, but they had me in Street Modified.
Results:
PAX: 65th out of 111
Raw time result: 57th of 111
Class: 1st of 3. Other cars were a built Monte Carlo SS and an 05 R32.
1st run: 82.119 seconds - Spun like crazy off the line, missed a shift in the U-turn and ended up having to completely stop, then 2 corners later, did a 360 in the middle of the track. It was a combination of too much speed + lack of experience + pavement change. There was a lot of change from sticky cement to slippery asphalt.
2nd run: 68.583+2 - I hit the same cone twice. Once on the way down through the slalom and again on the way back. Fuckers.
3rd run: 68.487+1 - Same. Cone. Again. Only hit it on the way back this time. I'm not a fast learner.
4th run: 68.639 - Finally cone free! This was a pretty clean run. Still, not as fast as I had hoped, but I was consistent. I definitely had the course down and learned how to ease on the throttle, rather than Jeremy Clarkson the thing every time I got a chance.
Anyway, I have a couple pictures for now. Hopefully tomorrow the other pics will be up and my GoPro videos.
The course. The middle cone in the slalom is the bitch cone.
Not sold on the #3 but it was the stencil I had. Don't worry, that's plasti-dip.
A few fun parts on the way. Went ahead and ordered the S54 Z3M radiator and Stewart water pump. Neither are here yet, but they should be soon. Yesterday though, this showed up:
On another note, going Auto-Xing this weekend and am registered for an HPDE at the beginning of October. Before then I'm hoping to have my suspension totally finished (including sways) and a new set of sticky tires. Stay tuned!
So, not alot has been going on, I've just been driving the poop out of it trying to see if it's going to break. I've gotten under it a few times now to double check everything and make sure all is well and I can't find any problems. Fluids are perfect, no funny smells, noises or anything. I even checked the bolts on the diff to make sure they didn't come loose like everyone says, and they're fine. Loving every minute of it thus far and already thinking about my next mods.
Anyway, I turned 23 this weekend and due to having awesome friends and an amazing girlfriend, I got some fantastic garage/car toys.
My girlfriend bought me a badass new toolbox. You can see my old piece on the far right side of the picture:
And one of my best friends bought me these wheels:
The wheels are OZ Fittipaldis - 15x7 et26. Other than that, I got a dremel (always wanted one), Sears gift cards, ratcheting wrenches and that badass painting of my car you see sitting on top of my garage speaker on the left of the first photo. It was a great weekend for sure.
This weekend I also ran my buddy's 05 STi that has CAI, perrin turbo back and a tune but didn't get decent videos since it was very dark. I will work on getting videos of that. Also may or may not have picked on a gutted/caged/drift missle VH45DE swapped 240. I will try and get videos of that as well.
Obviously this is only a temporary solution. I have a new Vibrant muffler on the way. It's quite loud but I it does sound pretty cool. Ignore my stupid grin at the end and my girlfriend asking me if my car was in gear when I started it. She's brilliant sometimes.
Not a lot to update as I've just been driving the beast and enjoying it. I have however had a couple people pick fights with me...
VQ35 swapped Sentra SE-R with bolt-ons and a tune was my first race. Raced twice from 60-120. He got the jump the first time and put about a half car on me right at the beginning, neither one of us pulled on the other. The second race he put a fender on me. That car was waffleswaffleswaffleswafflesing fast.
My buddy's 2011 Evo X - Cold Air Intake, upper and lower intercooler piping, perrin catback - Raced from ~40-120. We raced 3 times so far and he takes me by about half a car until 100 or so, then I reel him in. By 120 we are dead even.
Some random ~2003 Mustang GT - Loud ass exhaust. Backwards hat. Fuzions. 30-90 or so I have at least 2 cars on him and I shut down.
I also raced a blue ISF for funsies. The ISF kicked my ass but it was cool none the less. Those cars sound so crazy.
A friend of a friend has an 04 330i ZHP coupe that's been talking shit but I'm sure he won't be a problem. I'll try and get some videos against the Evo and the ZHP soon.
Leave a comment: