Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TR-42 build. Non e30 content. Subaru powered.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jaywood
    replied
    Alu covering the center tunnel

Underneath

Leave a comment:

• jaywood
    replied
    Coolant lines are in, running through the center tunnel.

Leave a comment:

• TR-42guy
    replied
    Actually the Solstice/sky like the Corvette does have splined front hubs. There is only one part number for all four hubs.

Leave a comment:

• LivingLegend06
    replied
    Originally posted by jaywood;
    Good eye. The spacer/adapter is there to get the correct bump steer geometry because we are using a 911 steering rack. The tie rod location must be raised 77mm from the point it was on the Solstice (Pontiac Solstice a arms.) There's a 5/8" thick bolt running through the adapter and it is also bolted to the upright. See pic below

Looks much safer with that extra bracket on there. The front hubs appear to be splined for axles, so those cant be solstice parts. What are all your different suspension components coming from?

Im excited to see it in road legal trim. Have you picked out tires and wheels yet?
    Last edited by LivingLegend06; 11-23-2012, 10:07 PM.

Leave a comment:

• jaywood
    replied
    Sway bars

Leave a comment:

• jaywood
    replied
    Thanks guys :)

We plan on taking it to a few tracks somewhat local. It will be doing auto-x as well :)

It will be CA street legal so it will be mostly street driven

Leave a comment:

• rallyfreak202
    replied
    Excellent work and attention to detail. Keep it coming. What are your plans with the car? SCCA racing or auto-x monster?

Leave a comment:

• MC Hammered
    replied
    Originally posted by 325ix View Post
    Good God, I can't believe I haven't clicked on this thread until now. This thing will be a blast when it's all done.
    +1

Seeing this picture makes me want to liquidate a bunch of toys to fund a project.

Leave a comment:

• Rowleym
    replied
    Sub'd!!

Leave a comment:

• 325ix
    replied
    Good God, I can't believe I haven't clicked on this thread until now. This thing will be a blast when it's all done.

Leave a comment:

• e30m20TurbO7
    replied
    just finished doing the head gaskets on my ej25 in my 1996 subaru legacy

Leave a comment:

• jaywood
    replied
    Originally posted by GaryE30 View Post
    Subscribed! This is motorsport heaven!

One question I have is why is the radiator so far from the engine and how are you going to route the coolant lines?
    Thanks!

The coolant will run through tubes in the center tunnel just like a Porsche Boxster.

Originally posted by LivingLegend06 View Post
    Whats with the massive spacer on the tie rid ends? That doesnt look like ideal loading.

Is the suspension all subaru parts?
    Good eye. The spacer/adapter is there to get the correct bump steer geometry because we are using a 911 steering rack. The tie rod location must be raised 77mm from the point it was on the Solstice (Pontiac Solstice a arms.) There's a 5/8" thick bolt running through the adapter and it is also bolted to the upright. See pic below

Also, tail lights are now mounted!

Leave a comment:

• LivingLegend06
    replied
    Whats with the massive spacer on the tie rid ends? That doesnt look like ideal loading.

Is the suspension all subaru parts?

Leave a comment:

• GaryE30
    replied
    Subscribed! This is motorsport heaven!

One question I have is why is the radiator so far from the engine and how are you going to route the coolant lines?

Leave a comment:

• jaywood
    replied
    Got the shocks on, the steering stuff is started as well.

And the coolest picture so far:

Leave a comment:

Working...
X