91 318i m50 swap...S52 swap...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

91 318i m50 swap...S52 swap...

Better late than never. Im not sure whats to come next weather its cams, turbo, supercharger or another swap but I figure I should start a project thread for it. This was never ment to go this far it was just a cheap daily driver that that got good gas mileage. Here are two videos that should catch you up to date and I will continue from that.

This is why I never started a project thread I dont know how to do anything on forums.....http://youtu.be/OK2AXRb-USg

http://youtu.be/-xkjGtBO4ho

Comment

Here you go

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

1989 BMW 325i SOLD
      1998 BMW Estoril Blue e36 M3/4/5 SOLD
      1987 BMW 325 (The Piece) SOLD
      1991 BMW 318is S52 swap (The Beast) Now Driving Project Thread: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=234207

Comment

awesome thanks

Comment

Recently I got a Plasti Dip spray kit. I really got it for my other car but figured I would test it out on my track car first. So im atempting to fixing some body issues first. The sunroof was never finished just ruffed in and I have a fiberglass pin down hood from IE on its way. Here are some pics of my poor attempt at bodywork so far. Also as a side note I have a 3.73 lsd in my car now thats getting really old and picked up a open 3.73 diff and have a buddy welding that up for me. One of my best freinds is huge into drifting and figured I might try it out and see what all this fuss is about so thats what this diff will be for.

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

i like the white/blue theme you have going. it looks like your car has all the right parts underneath :up:

Comment

I really like the wheels in the first video. What are they?

Comment

nice build
                E30 buildy things
                http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=195286

Comment

Originally posted by 325ix View Post
                  I really like the wheels in the first video. What are they?
                  Im not sure what brand they are but they are 16X7 and have DP on the bolt cover that I never put on. I still have them as a back up or if I want to drive the car on the street and dont want to use up my good tires.

Thanks for the kind words it has been a long project and still going. As most of you probably already knew but I used way to much bondo on the roof and ended up spending forever sanding it down and learned my lesson but it is now finally finished. The car should be ready to plasti dip once the hood shows up.

Comment

DA sander makes quick work of bondo
                    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

1989 BMW 325i SOLD
                    1998 BMW Estoril Blue e36 M3/4/5 SOLD
                    1987 BMW 325 (The Piece) SOLD
                    1991 BMW 318is S52 swap (The Beast) Now Driving Project Thread: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=234207

Comment

Originally posted by cjdontthink View Post
                      da sander makes quick work of bondo
                      1+
                      ~ Puch Cafe. ~ Do business? feedback ~ Check out my leather company ~

Instagram: @BWeissLeather

Current cars:
                      ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
                      ~ '87 535
                      ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
                      ~ '06 X5 4.8is

Comment

So this weekend I got to head down to pacific raceways and run a test n tune day.This was my 4th time here and im learning alot everytime I go. I normally run in the intermediate and was doing well all day. The last run of the day they stuck us with the advanced group so as we all headed to line up I got behind a nice m3 I had my eye on earlier to try and learn from by following or trying to atleast. By the end and on the way home I felt awesome had lots of compliments on the car. Once I got home and reveiwed the video I was very dissapointed and relized I left a lot on the track and my best run was about 1:40. I did have brake fade and was compression braking to help slow down also I didnt use up the track fully and missed lines. Im planning on finally figuring out some kind of brake ducting and maybe upgrade the pads. I also have a lap timer and will get that hooked up so I can get instant feedback on how Im doing and not just how im doing compared to the field. I must also mention it was a blast and love it out on the track. This is a video of the first 15 minutes of the last 30 min session.
                        http://youtu.be/xuGeY9AgKE8

Also I got my welded spare rear end back here is a picture of the inside.
                        [IMG][/IMG]

Comment

IE fiberglass hood showed up today but my hood pins got lost in transit so I will have to find some locally. So using just a at home scale these are my numbers
                          -stock hood and front monting bar = 38lbs
                          -ie fiberglass hood =11lbs
                          -hood pins dont have
                          weight loss about 27lbs
                          The interesting part is right on IE website they say the hood is 14lbs.
                          Here is the picture of it just sitting in place for now.
                          [IMG][/IMG]

Comment

Cool project! Building my own Alpine coupe for the track. Addicting, isn't it?!
                            Originally posted by LJ851
                            kingston is the play by play announcer for this thread.
                            ‘Tis by the grace of God that my cars run!

Originally posted by unloadedak
                            #teamross
                            Siobhan's Build Thread - UPDATED!

Comment

Originally posted by kingston View Post
                              Cool project! Building my own Alpine coupe for the track. Addicting, isn't it?!
                              LMAO I would say so I was pretty happy with the car till I took it to the track and then......

Comment

Working...
                              X