Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Clint Eastwood: Old and white on the outside, black and leathery on the inside. +S52!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You best be bagging her!!!

MY BUILD THREAD
    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=235231

INSTAGRAM : @luchcolaneri

Comment

That's wicked cool. Those were some family friends I took there for the day. That's a fun photo of the car, thanks for posting! The internet rocks!
      REMEMBER: Be safe and have fun is Rule Number 1.

The Epic Unbuild of Clint Eastwood

Comment

I had a very similar situation. I lost my First E30 to the cancers, as it was just about as bad as yours. I miss that car :( Early model 4 door too.

Looking forward to more progress!
        1985 325e M50TU(Sold)
        1991 318is Slicktop (Sold)
        1990 325is Brilliantrot S50/5 Lug Swapped.
        1992 525i Manual shitbox Winter Beater

Comment

ALMOST ON THE ROAD

Ok so it was appraised for $200. In "General Comments that Affect Vehicle Value" the guy put "Overall terrible condition, paint quality abysmal".

I guess that's ok? I feel like it's worth way more, but whatever.

After that, I went to get a safety done. They were serious sticklers.

They failed the car:
          no passenger side windshield washer spray
          broken heater blower (no defrost)
          drivers rear floor is too rusty (weak, but not through the car)
          left control arm bushing has too much play
          no spare tire

Everything is now fixed, with the floor being the biggest job. I cut out and welded in a new panel, welded, seam sealered and painted it.

I got a nice scare when I was cutting the floor out and hit a fuel line. CLOSE CALL.

(the little cut is from my grinder, I then cut that section out with snips)

As I'm in the engine bay, I'm replacing a fuel line that looks a little old and putting the proper E30 temp gauge in (out of my old car).

So after many years of being traded around, sitting, being ignored, it's finally on the road again. :)

Last edited by MaxBell; 09-15-2016, 08:46 PM.

Comment

I was bored today so I thought I'd put more into this build thread, and bring it up to date.

After getting the motor in and running, it took some time to diagnose a surging idle problem. Turned out to be a bad ground on the main engine ground.

Then?

That will start pretty soon, still working out logistics for mounting brackets. Plus I want to get the car running on MSII first.

In the short term, I started prepping for paint. Got some panels and welded in new metal. The roof was very complex, still needs a bit more work.

This fender lip was pretty bad, got it back to being very straight!

Some cool cats 'round the hood like to hang out and shoot the shit when I'm working.

Comment

Good lookin build! Keep it up
              sigpic
              "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten."

Comment

I found the door I planned on using was rustier than what I found acceptable, so open up the stem and sand blast!

Continue with the paint prep! Anti-corrosion primer went on first coat, then some high build stuff. This stuff dries hard as rock, so I'm actually having trouble sanding it now. :/

Next on the list of "shit to do" is the rear end.

I did new brake lines (solid and flex), all new bushings and a 3.25 LSD (rebuilt).

Got the clutches replaced, should lock up very nicely now!

Used this system to bang out the subframe, since it was VERY stuck. :(

I don't have any "after photos" but I sent out the subframe and stuff for sandblasting and then it was rocket guarded and painted.

Also just got some M3 offset CABs from Condor Speed Shop. Lookin' good!

I was sick of fucking around with the subframe, so I rebuilt my fog lights. Actually pretty fun!

This build has now been put on hold. I got a motorcycle (á la mode de Heist), and I decided to work on it.

Then I realized that the fairing look like ass, so I stripped it down.

Rode it around...

Stripped it down more...

Set out the wheels for powder coating...

3M Scotchprint aw yiss...

Last edited by MaxBell; 03-29-2013, 06:47 PM.

Comment

Updates? That interior is great.
                  View my build thread. http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=287724

Comment

Great work man. I remember talking to you about those wheels/tires on reddit, glad you're still at it!

Comment

Originally posted by Link View Post
                      Updates? That interior is great.
                      No photos unfortunately, I'm having ISSUES with my computer.

I finished welding the roof back on, I patched the old antennae hole and I cut the battery tray off. (and prepped to weld)

EDIT: Here are photos.

MIG > Flux Core + Grinding

Originally posted by Wh33lhop View Post
                      Great work man. I remember talking to you about those wheels/tires on reddit, glad you're still at it!
                      Man, you helped me with so much during the M50 swap. Rad, trans, random questions. xD
                      Last edited by MaxBell; 06-25-2013, 12:36 PM.

Comment

UPDATE: Finished school and got a job, so I'm back to work on the car with my MONIEZ.

Finished the motorcycle too (for now).

So I was having trouble finding anyone to paint my car, since my original hook up in Ottawa fell through. I'm living now in a new place with some garage space, so...

I'll be doing this myself. So far I have sprayed down a coat of Evercoat FeatherFill 4:1 onto the hood, trunk and fenders, and then blocked it with 320.

Honestly, Youtube is such an incredible resource, with the amount of tutorials on there, the average DIYer can do practically anything these days.

I don't have the cool cat anymore, but there's a puppy where I live now! :^)

More blocking.

More updates to come.

Last edited by MaxBell; 06-25-2013, 12:41 PM.

Comment

Awesome work, mate. I love seeing blokes rip in and have a go.

Spraying a car at home isn't hard to do, but if you're going to be spraying 2pack paint get yourself covered COMPLETELY and get a damn good respirator. Also, try to minimise the time you leave sections in primer as it will soak up moisture and that'll ruin your paint job in no time.
                          Pork Hunt Motorsport

eBay is like the summit racing catalog for today's special Olympics crowd

Comment

I thought this was being all parted out?
                            For all things 24v, check out Markert Motorworks!
                            Originally posted by mbonanni
                            I hate modded emtree, I hate modded cawrz, I hate jdm, I hate swag, I hate stanceyolokids, I hate bags (on cars), I hate stuff that is slowz, I hate tires.

I am a pursit now.

Comment

Originally posted by Iain View Post
                              Awesome work, mate. I love seeing blokes rip in and have a go.

Spraying a car at home isn't hard to do, but if you're going to be spraying 2pack paint get yourself covered COMPLETELY and get a damn good respirator. Also, try to minimise the time you leave sections in primer as it will soak up moisture and that'll ruin your paint job in no time.
                              Oh damn! Ok I'm working as fast as I can. It'll be like a week or two til it's got paint on it. I hope that'll be ok?

Originally posted by Roysneon View Post
                              I thought this was being all parted out?
                              Haha the old sedan was parted out, which spawned the coupe that you now see!

Comment

Continued dismantling the car, windows out, all the random trim pieces off too.

Lots of newspaper and masking tape...

Then primer on the body! WOOHOO!!

Comment

Working...
                                X