Porsche 911 Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice progress

Why you no keep those two things together?

is there a lightweight starter for the E30 like that one?
    Much wow
    I hate 4 doors

Comment

yeah, the e30m3 starter is light and tiny, you should know that :p
      cars beep boop

Comment

Originally posted by kronus View Post
        your.. trans fell off?

Comment

Originally posted by JCarp90 View Post

HAHA!

That is gold right there, hilarious!
          Lorin

Originally posted by slammin.e28
          The M30 is God's engine.

Comment

Originally posted by JCarp90 View Post
            I think I passed out from laughing so hard!

"What happened senator?.........the front fell off!"
            sigpic

Rebellion Forge Custom Fabrication

1988 325is - TrackRat in progress

Instagram @rebellionforge

Comment

The starter ring gear is bolted down with the pressure plate. I was alerted to the possibility that some rivets on my fancy aluminum sachs pressure plate might be protruding above the flat surface that the ring gear sits on and not allow it to sit flush.

So i yanked the trans and clutch back off and sure enough the rivets stuck out about .015 inch above the surface. After a bit of weighing the options, i machined reliefs in the ring gear above the rivet heads. I wanted to keep as much strength in the clutch as possible.

You can see the mark left by the rivet head.

Relief pocket .018 inch deep.

On a happier note i got some new engine and trans mounts. Compared to the stock ones.

Lorin

The M30 is God's engine.

Comment

This is saweeeeeeet. Any plans for the suspension?
                -Alex

Comment

Originally posted by acolella76 View Post
                  This is saweeeeeeet. Any plans for the suspension?

Why, yes i do Alex. Nothing is set in stone yet and i am open to suggestions/hookups.
                  Lorin

The M30 is God's engine.

Comment

Beautiful Car!! Always wanted to build an 80's 911 or a e30M...

Maybe after I finish my e30 and have another job!

GL awesome project!

Comment

Ready to plug in. I am running out of excuses why my car doesn't run yet.

The shop looks like an explosion happened and i am having trouble finding even my duplicate tools so it is clean the shop time for a bit.

So tempted to pull the oil tank out of the car and fire this bisch up like it sits.
                      Lorin

The M30 is God's engine.

Comment

ooooohhhh
                        1991 335is in progress

Comment

Hm. Not sure if someone's already claimed our last set of early 911 struts or not...
                          -Alex

Comment

Originally posted by acolella76 View Post
                            Hm. Not sure if someone's already claimed our last set of early 911 struts or not...

My car has bilstein strut housings (as opposed to Boge) which is the only variable. Currently running Bilstein inserts and shocks.

Let me know what you got !
                            Lorin

The M30 is God's engine.

Comment

Some more progress.

Cleaned, regreased and rebooted my late model axles. This shot shows one how i got it and one finished. The inner CVs are worn but they will do for a while.

I was missing the load spreading washer plates and even german aftermarket are over 10 dollars each ($65 for both axles) so i had to do something else. The CVs looked about E28 (bmw) sized so i called up a buddy who has E28s and he gave me 6. Perfect fit!

I rebuilt the entire emergency brake system as it was rusted solid. Had to cut the cables off the handle. Where the new german cable housings meet the body they were about .2mm smaller than the originals so they wouldn't slip over the protruding tubes. Very annoying. Ended up wrapping thin strips of emory cloth around them and sanded the tubes down til they fit.

New cables on, drums cleaned and lubed and adjusted. Longer wheel studs too.

The emergency brake cable tubes in the chassis were filled with solidified grease that was so thick i could barely pull the cables through it. I had to get rid of it before the new cables went in so i came up with this. It is a piece of one of the old cables that i hammered the end into a y shape a little smaller than the tube. i chucked it up in my cordless drill and used it like a plumbing snake. It worked great.

Pedal cluster removed for new bushings. A couple pieces are pretty worn so i ordered some more parts tonight. I'm going to check my powder coaters schedule and see if he can slip the pedals into a batch in the next day or two. We will see.

Lorin

The M30 is God's engine.

Comment

My only question is where does the thermostat install at?

Comment

Working...
                                X