• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll just blame Brandon on that one. Don't think I have your # still
    Swanny!
    SUCKERS.

Comment

Haven't done jack shit on the car for months at this point. Between work and a knee injury things have just hit a wall....well at least until this week. Hauled out all my parts, stripped my old b25 block and got things soaking in degreaser. Tore down my head last night in preparation for new valve seals and springs that will be ordered when I'm back earning a full paycheck (on disability for the knee right now).

Feels good to get some progress made. Even though it's small it's a step forward!

Swanny!
      SUCKERS.

Comment

So I have the head completely stripped finally! Now I have a bunch of brackets and covers that have been soaking in degreaser that I need to attend to. Debating on painting them myself or sending the spare subframes I have to a local guy that does massive amounts of black only powder coating.

Another project is to clean up the surface rust in the engine bay and tidy it up with some bedliner. Might do some shaving while I'm in there since I'm removing the a/c system. Just need to see what I can really finish up with my knee STILL acting like an asshole.

All the parts are out on the table so I need to go back through and verify their condition before I place the parts order. Might just break down and throw it on the credit card since I have at least 3 more weeks before I get a regular paycheck again.

Luckily some of the locals are getting on my case about finishing up the project! Thanks FrankM, Katfish, and F34R! I seriously would have been putting this stupid shit off for longer if we hadn't been getting the m5 back in. Totally sparked off my need to have mine before the end of October.
        Swanny!
        SUCKERS.

Comment

We can always just tow you around with Frank and I. ;D
          ~ Puch Cafe. ~ Do business? feedback ~ Check out my leather company ~

Instagram: @BWeissLeather

Current cars:
          ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
          ~ '87 535
          ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
          ~ '06 X5 4.8is

Comment

Last two days have been giving the e39 a proper spa treatment with some clay bar, wax, and solid interior scrub down. Used the as seen on tv stuff called Wipe New and it already seems to do a better job than back to black. Also helped get rid of the old wax residue that was all over the bumper and roof rack.

We'll see what today holds as I would like to get into the engine bay to scrub down everything and plan what to shave while I yank out the A/C components.
            Swanny!
            SUCKERS.

Comment

Parts are in! Just had my last night at my old job! Spending the next 4 days digging in and getting some serious work done.

Step 1 - strip old sound deadening and paint the engine bay....pics coming soon.
              Swanny!
              SUCKERS.

Comment

Spent the morning scrubbing out the engine bay and getting ready for some bed liner action. Not doing anything crazy with shaving or that nonsense just get little bit of surface covered up and get a little protection where all the sound deadening used to be.
                Swanny!
                SUCKERS.

Comment

And after...

Powder coating some parts and trying to figure out a fun design for the valve cover and intake.
                  Swanny!
                  SUCKERS.

Comment

Head's back together. New springs and valve seals. Also polished the bejesus out of the old valves. Wished I had taken some video of the process but I got lost in the work.
                    Swanny!
                    SUCKERS.

Comment

F34r reseals a transmission

Frank drinks tons of beer

Powder coating commences

Swanny!
                      SUCKERS.

Comment

So glad we got a nice weekend to hang out and get shit sorted. You also got to PC everything! that engine is going to be FRESH! I love how all that Matte coating came out.

Current cars:
                        ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
                        ~ '87 535
                        ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
                        ~ '06 X5 4.8is

Comment

do i spot a broken valve in piston #2?? (first page pics) Nice progress, i would suggest black door handles though!

1992 M tech 2 Convertible - S50 Swap
                          1992 e34 Touring- S50 Swap
                          1992 325i-S50 Swap (SOLD)

1995 e36 M3 Mugello Red - S50 (SOLD)
                          1991 325i Convertible Laguna Green (SOLD)
                          1987 325i (SOLD);1992 M tech 2 Convertible (SOLD)
                          1988 325i Convertible Alpine White (SOLD)
                          Brilliantrot Convertible 80k Miles (SOLD)
                          1992 325i Convertible Schwarz (SOLD)
                          1992 318i Convertible Project-Finished (SOLD)

Comment

Originally posted by F34R View Post
                            So glad we got a nice weekend to hang out and get shit sorted. You also got to PC everything! that engine is going to be FRESH! I love how all that Matte coating came out.
                            Yeah, great feeling to have all that taken care of! Looking forward to getting the details painted on this weekend.

Originally posted by KIRIEIW View Post
                            do i spot a broken valve in piston #2?? (first page pics) Nice progress, i would suggest black door handles though!
                            Just the angle of the picture! I have 2 sets of valves to pick from, the original I head and the SETA set. I mixed and matched the best conditioned ones then gave them a polish. Door handles are definitely going back to black and maybe the mirrors too. Thanks for taking a look!
                            Swanny!
                            SUCKERS.

Comment

Favorite picture I took that night, 5.00 powder and a stove top oven haha!
                              Attached Files

Current cars:
                              ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
                              ~ '87 535
                              ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
                              ~ '06 X5 4.8is

Comment

The result if a night of sandblasting and powder coating.
                                Swanny!
                                SUCKERS.

Comment

Working...
                                X