The other project 'merica

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The other project 'merica

I figured i'd condense everything and make an actual project thread. Ill prob just let the other die.

Day she came home. Pulled'er out of a crackhead's backyard after it sat for over a year. It was in super rough shape and had a 5.0l very poorly swapped in.

Got it home and imediately went to work pulling the 80s abomonation off. Also happened to grab the wheels that night off anouther crackhead.

Then took delivery of this

And slowly started sorcing exterior parts
    To make it look like this

And

Thats when the work realy began.

At this point i got kinda excited til i discovered that i had an original 28oz 3 bolt. 302. This is rad if your building a 68 mustang. Not so much when trying to use stuff off a 50oz 4 bolt crank 5.0l i wound up having to buy a conversion flywheel to mate the t5, acc. Mounts and a full pully setup. I also decided while i was waiting for parts that i'd pull all the bs redwire and electrical tape that the previous owner decided everything needed to be wired with.

Then....

And...

Somethings happening!

Picked up the gt shorties and a builders kit for the exhaust

Then when i got as far as i could go brought it to the pros to snake it back past the subframe and starter

High temp silicone paint and a nice wrap then back in she went.

Picked up some ovalized transition tubing for clearance

Then got to it

Realized after the first event the edelbrock wasnt gonna cut it so i bought and rebuilt a holley 650 double pumper and stuck some wedge floats and jet extensions in.

Took it out 2 more times and failed miserably again do to ambient temps in the engine bay being to high and overheating a coil then melting the clutch cable. Then next time was a drift school and the bushing were all just way to wore.

Which brings us to the present. Ive since installed a holley blue fuel pump a malory fpr and a msd 6al. I also picked up a subframe with heavy duty mounts and adjustable trailing arm tabs that i need to install.

Ill be installing the subframe, cutting up the core support fabbing mounts and installing the alum rad and taurus fan in the next month or so.

Mean while Current state

Fucken right man! How long did it take? Also how big is that oval tubing? Im in the same boat for clearance right now.
    sigpic

IG: brandonhillis

I do stupid things.

Comment

2.5-3" mandrel to 3"oval been slowly doin stuff for about a year

Comment

Distro took a crap on me yesterday. Gotta go pick the car up from the random bodyshop it died in front of. Owner was nice enough to let me push it into the locked fence as the hood was off(test fitting on the new daily after pulling out the smashed core support). Prob gonna be a while until its fixed as money is gonna go toward the daily.

Comment

Working...
        X