KüüLWHP (pic intense)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KüüLWHP (pic intense)

I've never been very good about documenting the progress of my builds, but I'm going to give it a go with this new (to me) e30.
    Picked this car up for $1700 from a guy that bought it at auction (so I have no history). Body is mostly straight, interior is very clean, and it runs fantastic. While digging into it, I've found more positives that I will note later.

Started with basic maintenance. Trey (yert315) came out and did my timing belt, water pump, tstat, tensioner, and valve adjustment. and I got 1 lousy photo... however, as promised, I found that my car was converted from an auto to a 5spd, and was also converted to a 2.7i. :p

also swapped out the lousy ebay header/exhaust for stock and replaced the o2 sensor.
    old

new

ordered front and rear brake rotors/pads (no pics of pads, they are bosch)

bought an NRG hub and installed my Nardi wheel from my previous build.

also ordered
    4x100-5x114.3 adapters to fit my wheels
    euro grills and shadowline kidney
    OEM late model front valance
    OEM plastic front bumper
    More random replacement items

working on
    rear OEM plastic bumper
    body work
    paint
    air ride

couple of my previous projects
    most recent, my Jetta wagon (now back to stock and my wife is driving).

before the wagon, my mk2 Jetta gli

Last edited by smitche; 06-14-2013, 04:39 PM.
    My Build Thread

Looks like this car is in good hands.

COTM

Comment

That wagon was sick!!

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
      Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

Thanks guys. I've only driven the e30 once except for some running up and down my driveway and dirt road. Love it so far though. Once my adapters show up I will throw my wheels on and go get it smogged and reg'd. Then I'll get new tires for the gold mesh wheels so I can drive it while the other wheels are being refinished. Wheels are a super rare set of Ray's Payton Place Queens. They currently 17x8 and 17x9, but I'm going to swap the barrels so they will be 17x8.5 front and rear. Anyway, plans are to just get the car back to clean showroom condition, only bagged with wheels and a few little custom touches. Oh, I will also be rolling, maybe pulling the fenders a bit this week as well.
        Btw, euro grills and kidney showed up today, along with another shipment from GutenParts with some misc items.
        Can't write a novel with no pics...

Testing wheels fitment before ordering adapters.

Another wagon shot, since you seem to like it. Thanks by the way, it's makes me sad to see it now.
        My Build Thread

Comment

Started swapping the brakes, but the guide pins were stripped and seized on the passenger rear. I finally got them off with vice grips, but they are ruined, so I had to order new ones and call it quits for the day.

My Build Thread

Comment

very nice!

Comment

Brakes done... gotta love gutenparts and their speedy delivery.

Can anyone tell me why the "brake lights" light on my check panel lights up? My washer fluid light is illuminated too, even though it's full.

My Build Thread

Comment

alright, haven't done much in the last couple weeks, but I did acquire replacement front and rear bumpers and a front valance. Adapters are taking a little long than expected, but they shipped today and should be here early next week. Yesterday my buddy came out and degreased and buffed the paint and brought back a nice shine. It still definitely needs a respray, but it's presentable now. I pulled both the bumpers off in preparation for the arrival of the new stuff. Anyway, here are some pics.

My Build Thread

Comment

I like where this is going, looks like you have a clear picture of what you want in the end.
                  View my build thread. http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=287724

Comment

Great work so far!! I'm looking forward to seeing where the car ends up!
                    Originally posted by LJ851
                    kingston is the play by play announcer for this thread.
                    ‘Tis by the grace of God that my cars run!

Originally posted by unloadedak
                    #teamross
                    Siobhan's Build Thread - UPDATED!

Comment

Can't wait to see more!
                      1991 318i Slicktop - Sold
                      1991 325ix - Sold
                      1997 Estoril M3 Coupe - Sold
                      1986 325es - RIP
                      1997 328is - Sold
                      1995 Avus M3

instagram @MattLarzz

//M42 GOON-SQUAD
                      http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=281596

Comment

Thanks all... Valance is on it's way via Greyhound, but the bumpers are here. Went ahead and installed the rear. Not much of an update, but hopefully will have more tomorrow. :D
                        My Build Thread

Comment

looks so much better with the black bumper trim. Looking good so far man.
                          87 ETA | Hibernating

Comment

Thanks, couldn't agree more. Not only were they terribly painted, but they just gave the car such a washed out look. Chomping at the bit to get my front valance now!!
                            My Build Thread

Comment

I like where this is going. :D

Comment

Working...
                              X