83 nighthawk 650

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

83 nighthawk 650

Obviously doesnt belong here but wanna track progress and compile ideas in one place so here it goes.

Bought a '83 Honda NH650 with ~23k miles on it for $1650, I feel like I gotta good price on it.

Came with pods and supertrapp exhaust (expensive and hard to find now-a-days). When you do changes like that on carb bikes you need to rejet, sadly this one hasn't been done, the PO just lazily would run half choke at all times.
    PO also swapped to a aftermarket seat, headlight, and older Honda cb gauge cluster. This cluster has a mechanical tach with the stock didn't so it currently doesn't work.

Here is the bike when I bought it

Bought it and made the really really.... Really dumb decision to ride it the 40 miles to Travis' house.. left at 12pm, it was 28degrees out. Finally made it after 2 break downs ( empty gas tank) -_- and the last 1/3 mile of pushing into the garage lol got in at 1:30am, it was 20 degress out. Worst time of my life.

Now about what I plan to do with the bike :)
    A rejet is obviously need cause the bike feels like it has Nooooooo power lol
    Style wise I'm not quite sure, I like cafe, bobbed, brat, styles but I have certain things in each one that Im not found of, so I plan on doing a mashup of the 3

For headlights: really wanted to incorporate e30 ellipsoids into it but after looking at it closely there to large and they look blah... So ill stick to dual headlights but I'm goin to do a stacked setup like Ducati
    So went to AutoZone and picked up some cheap fog lights. Rigged a temp bracket so I can ride it for now and here's what I ended up with

There not that bad brightness wise, bout the same as stock.
    Eventually ill make brackets that mount on the forks

Onto the tail, really like the short chopped tail look of the bobbers. So I chopped the tail on mine lol

Still need to loop the pipes together but need to decide if I wanna keep it flat or with a upward angle like a cafe/brat bike, or even modifying the stock plastics like this

Also need to find a rear fender to mount on the back like the one in this picture (Newman's cb550)

For now that's what I'm working with

Originally posted by LowR3V'in
    It's in the name e30tech not e30offtopic
Working...
X