my official e30 M3 project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my official e30 M3 project

Its been awhile since ive posted about my recent M3 purchase. I finally got around to putting it the shop. Its currently with my paint guy. Car will be painted in pearl white (e92 m3 color). Headliner, A,B,C pillar and rear deck will be re-done in suede. Rear seats will be re-done in black leatherette.

All work will be done in Tampa, FL. Paint and interior install by Bryan Anderson. Ive used Bryan before and his work always meets my expectations. Engine and all mechanical work will be done LUTZ performance. LUTZ has been working on my E46 and E36 for years, nothing but the best service and craftmanship. Hope you guys enjoy and ill keep you posted.

Parts already replaced;
    Thermostat
    Glass front/rear

Parts already purchased;
    Black Vaders
    Crack free dash
    Style five 17x8 squared (decided on gloss black centers, polished lips and Blue bolts)
    SSK purchased from r3V (5 series shifter)
    Euro Kidneys and grills purchased from Abrahams
    Exterior B pillars from Pelican parts (with new grill clips)
    EVO II lip spoiler from Bimmerworld

Before pictures;

Pictures the taken the day it was picked up for paint

Last edited by aablown; 05-02-2013, 05:59 AM.

In progress photos

this hurts my eyes:(

Comment

If you are going to the trouble of recovering seats, why vaders and why not leather? Why the slight color change?

Comment

Because its his car
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by oxymoron View Post
          Because its his car
          really? I am asking what his reasoning is because I am curious. Its not something you can answer.

Comment

Originally posted by fronton View Post
            If you are going to the trouble of recovering seats, why vaders and why not leather? Why the slight color change?
            agreed.
            8380 Laboratories
            M3 Champs Poster

Comment

why Vaders?
              Because ive riden in every M3 there is, and own the first three, and from my experience i think Vaders are the best seats BMW has made for the M3.

why not leather rear seats?
              Because ill be sitting in the drivers seat. And leather cost more

Why the color change?
              Cause i saw a brand new e92 M3 with this color on it and i thought it looked awesome. Plus ive owned an alpine white before and this will be original. I wanted something different but still be an OEM color

Comment

Originally posted by 8380 Labs View Post
                agreed.
                btw the Vaders are leather

Comment

Sub'd.

Glad you were able to get that car! I look forward to your updates...
                  '89 Schwarz E30 M3 Cabriolet Build

Comment

Originally posted by IronJoe View Post
                    Sub'd.

Glad you were able to get that car! I look forward to your updates...
                    thanks, even in its previous state it was still fun to drive. Gonna be a blast once its completed.

Comment

Originally posted by aablown View Post
                      why Vaders?
                      Because ive riden in every M3 there is, and own the first three, and from my experience i think Vaders are the best seats BMW has made for the M3.

why not leather rear seats?
                      Because ill be sitting in the drivers seat. And leather cost more

Why the color change?
                      Cause i saw a brand new e92 M3 with this color on it and i thought it looked awesome. Plus ive owned an alpine white before and this will be original. I wanted something different but still be an OEM color
                      Fair enough, anxious to see how it all turns out, particularly pearl white. I have never been a fan of alpine, it is just too boring of a white.

Comment

UPDATED with more pics

Comment

I have never been a fan of alpine, it is just too boring of a white.
                          I used to be you, and then I saw the light. It's grown on me big time, sometimes I want one more than my shwarz car, and that is my favorite color besides maybe the oem reds.

I really like the color choice. Looking forward to seeing the finished product

Originally posted by yert315
                          Your mother is plug n play

Comment

Originally posted by Ayman View Post
                            I used to be you, and then I saw the light. It's grown on me big time, sometimes I want one more than my shwarz car, and that is my favorite color besides maybe the oem reds.

I really like the color choice. Looking forward to seeing the finished product
                            to be honest im tired of black cars, they look good but are a PITA to clean. Im debating on what color to paint the e36 also. And honestly I think Diamond Shwarz is the best color for a e30 M3, but since mine was white I wanted to keep something close to its original color. She'll stand out with some nicely refurbished style 5s

Comment

updated with new purchased parts

Comment

Working...
                              X