Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

91 318is slicktop build.. first build thread check it out!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

91 318is slicktop build.. first build thread check it out!

hey whats up guys, my name is bryan and i have had an e30 for about a year now and have been a member the entire time.. i am finally deciding to make a thread because i have a ton of pics and have done alot of work..... there isnt going to be much organization to this as i just last min decided to throw this together so forigive me... just look throught it all and let me know what you think so far!

so i moved to south carolina from seattle about year and a half ago for work.. i have been into drifting for a little while and was set on getting a s13 coupe.. until i cam across my 318is on craiglist in atlanta.. i quickly bought the car.. completely stock. 155k and had been sitting for years.... its was absolutely flawless inside and under the carpet.... absolutely no rust but needed a little love here and there... but for 2,000 dollars i got a screaming deal.. car has been incredibly reliable since day once and has been my daily driver since. here a pic when i first bought the car

shortly after i bought the car i started to replace countless things... started with basic tune up... air filter spark plugs n such and got some eibach pro springs for free from a buddy as well.. who knows when anything was replaced on this car it was all OLD. along with many many more replacement parts.... i will just post some pics so you can see... i dont want to list it all and theres so much more that i havent taken pictures of but im sure i will remember as i go along..

m3 poly control arm bushings

eibach springs.... going to buy bc coilovers here soon just hang tight.. like i said.... free..... i wasnt planning on doing a build thread so i could have taken so many more pics

then decided to repaint the side lining with some underbody paint(went a little overboard with masking i know lol... but it was windy and i didnt know how it was going to spray)

some rotors, guibo and some other parts as well :)

i then decided to tackle the "mess under the intake" and install some 4 pintle mustang injectors as well...again im sorry i didnt really take too many pictures

some silicone vacuum hose for the mess... along with a volvo fan that i will later install

i made a junk yard trip one day and picked up 2 volvo lips that i only had for a short time.. also picked up a 3.73 lsd (that i was planning on trading for a 4.10) my 4.10 was open and thats just not going to cut it obviously... also came along some ellipsoids and a"is" lip in a junk car...BTW i got all three lips for free when i bought all the other stuff.. so i would say that a pretty good junk yard trip! OH YEAH! and i came across a black plastic bumper hat i am going to put on my car soon seeing as mine has a huge hole in the passenger fender as it was in a small accident by previous owner

some volvo lips

"is" lip, black bumper, and trim off new bumper all repainted with trim paint

non painted vs painted

heres just a few random pictures i have saved... the interior on this car is VERY clean ill snap a few pictures here soon for you guys as well...

roomates m3 from last charlotte drift event

Ireland engineering subframe and trailing arms bushings that i just finished installing today... i was in a rush and took no pics but this one

READ THIS SHIT! so as i was dropping my subframe... the driveshaft was unbolted but i did not seperate it from the diff i figured it would do that on its own as i lowered it.... so i lowered the subframe which pressed against my driveshaft which was resting on the "s" shaped pipe that runs from both sides of your gas tank and it ripped a huge hole in my gas tank causing my to loose a FULL TANK all over myself and the floor... i felt like a fucking idiot as there was nothing i could do but sit there and watch and now i have to buy a new gas tank... which will be in a few days UGH!!!

magnaflow glasspack and muffler.... i just yesterday as well welded on my muffler to my stock piping and you know what... it sounds dam good...i did it just for fun and i am absolutely mind blown at how just welding that muffler up sounds.. nice low pitch through all rpm range and sounds real good bouncing off the rev limiter :up: going to make a full stainless exhaust here soon when i have time... i just welded this up while i was doing my subframe bushings seeing as i had to remove my exhuast

new control arms tie rods sway bar end links.. i did front and rears just missing alot of pics of alot of random things i have done throught the year

a while ago i bought some esm 002 staggerd setup... 16x8 up front and 16x9 in the rear.... here some more pictures

the 2 rear tires i originally put on these wheels were not beefy enough for me.. so i ordered some 215/45's and gave a much better fitment (love these tires)

it was rubbing quite a bit so i needed to do a slight roll until i could get my hands on a proper roller... worked well i guess

love this shot

as it currently sits today... have stock wheels on rear to test out my new lsd and she locks up real nice :) makes me smile everytime

these are really all the pictures i can get at the moment.. i have done more to the car but this is all i can remember right now... this thread was very last minute and again i apologize for the ZERO organization i have put into this.. its all very random and thrown together haha so gimme a break..
    ill be adding more things here shortly as i remember and find more pics

i really wish i didnt jump throught the timeline of what i have done so fast i should have taken alot more pictures of things i have done!!

Comment

Nice
      I want a nice set of smoked MHW's (I know, get it line)
      Free Stuff!!:http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=273454

Comment

That sucks about your gas tank, I ran into the same problem when dropping the rear subframe on my 318is. After hours of trying to get around it, we decided the only way to make it work was to remove the S-shaped line and drain the tank. Apparently you can loosen the center support bearing and the shaft will slide towards the front of the car enough to drop the subframe without removing the s-shaped line, but I never tried it myself. Nice work so far though!

--Roundie Revival 2.0 - 1973 BMW 2002 Build Thread--
        --Golden Boy E30 Build Thread-- (sold)

Comment

Damn that's looking great! What's the number on the magnaflow muffler? I'm getting ready to order one for myself.

Comment

Originally posted by CubbyChowder View Post
            That sucks about your gas tank, I ran into the same problem when dropping the rear subframe on my 318is. After hours of trying to get around it, we decided the only way to make it work was to remove the S-shaped line and drain the tank. Apparently you can loosen the center support bearing and the shaft will slide towards the front of the car enough to drop the subframe without removing the s-shaped line, but I never tried it myself. Nice work so far though!
            yeah man the gas tank thing pissed me off i litteraly filled up the day before as much as i physically could haha... and i knew the driveshaft could be pressed in but didnt relize you had to unbolt the center support bearing to do it... i was getting frustrated cuz it wouldnt....... and btw your build for your 2002 is fuckin sweet i was just showin my broher last night.. cant wait to see more man its turning out sick

Comment

[quote=campbellj25;3717427]Damn that's looking great! What's the number on the magnaflow muffler? I'm getting ready to order one for myself.[/qu

im sorry man no i dont.. i cant find the email and i dont remember off the top of my head... got it from summit raicng... universal muffler with 2 1/4 inlet/outlet... im being seriouse when i say it actually sounds good man.. for just replacing muffler lol..... and im going to have some pics up of my gas tank here soon for you guys to see

Comment

ok so heres some pictures of the gas tank as promised... you can see how it was bent down...the second picture you can see right at the base where it ripped right open

Comment

Working...
                X