No announcement yet.

My first bmw 325e, slow poke build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The photos dont do the car color justice. The color is a dark olive green but looks more brownish in these photos. I have future plans such as coilovers, wheels, and engine mods but I am currently focusing on getting it to mint condition. I want to keep it tasteful and lean more toward the e28 look, classic.

Comment

WoW! Thats beautiful. Especially that colour with the euro bumpers. Nice work.

1987 325 | @e30_hunter |

Comment

As for engine, long term I want to go with an S52 but I need to slow it down a bit considering I have only owned the car for about 3 months.

Comment

Thanks JRYE30!

Comment

Such an awesome transformation for being only 3 months, keep it up!

Comment

This is dope! I don't know if the guy who painted it told you but at tech we were taught you aren't supposed to wash a freshly painted car to much because the paint is still soft and you can still scratch it until it has had some nice quality time in the sun to seriously bake the finish in. Good color choice! Keep it up! And no reason to slow down! acquiring all the needed parts for an s5x/m5x process can take some time. If my car was running I might have got low then done a motor swap but since yours runs, I would drop it low first!

Comment

Rdreas, Thanks! I actually waited about three weeks before washing. All of these photos are fairly spread out, I just decided to post them all at once. Next investment will be wheels and suspension I am just trying to gauge what approach to take. For instance, I do not care for the stock mirrors, I think they make the car look too 90s. I found some full chrome mirrors from a 1970s volvo that should work perfectly. The wheels I am looking to get custom built, I want deep barrels, probably chrome. I am looking for something like the simple C10 wheels off of the older chevy pick up models. I want to see if I can find something along those lines at moon eyes or another retailer.

Something like this but with a much deeper lip.

Comment

Also, if anyone knows where I could find a set of 15 inch Ronal Turbos, I would love to have them rebuilt to meet the specs I am going for.

Comment

your car is coming along nicely. I just picked up the same year/model recently.. and I'm in cerritos!

Comment

btran86 thats cool man! If you ever need some help let me know, I am always up for some wrenching

Comment

Damn nice work mate!

Love the colour and euro bumpers!

SILBER COMBAT UNIT DELTA (M-Technic Marshal)
                        RTFM:http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=56950

Comment

85 325e swap question

Originally posted by 86beast325e View Post
                          btran86 thats cool man! If you ever need some help let me know, I am always up for some wrenching
                          Sorry to revive this thread from the dead but, I am currently working on a swap for my 1985 325e and need help with the wiring . Could you provide me some info or point me in the right direction for this ? I'm located in Compton btw if your still open for some wrenching?

Comment

Working...
                          X