Drift car in the making

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Drift car in the making

Got the car a little over a year ago and i figure its time to document some things. When i bought it, it had h&r sports with bilstiens, i have since done coilovers 365lbs front and 750lbs rear. Smileys and IS lip and spoiler are the only exterior modifications. In the process of doing an M50nv swap and e36 z3 rack. Some pics...

Day 1

Euroweavs

German Imported Postert Wheels

More new wheels, vw snowflakes for winter, also new coilovers

xxr's 15x9

I go through wheels a lot, now engine, the m20 is almost at 200k and needs replacing... so m50...

When i got the engine

As it sits now

Ill have a little update when i get it actually swapped, and have a current picture of the car
    John 16:33

sigpic

What the car looks like now

sigpic

Comment

Nice ride, pics of orange Fiero?
      No E30 Club
      Originally posted by MrBurgundy
      Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

I sold is a couple months ago...
        I swapped a Cadillac v8 in it and did full race suspension

sigpic

Comment

Nice, I've got a soft spot for Fiero's that stems from childhood.
          No E30 Club
          Originally posted by MrBurgundy
          Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

I do as well, Ill own another someday...

sigpic

Comment

UPDATE: M20 is out and engine bay is almost ready for the M50

Did the clutch on the m50 as well, got the g260 bolted up too! Hopw to get it running tuesday or wednesday.

sigpic

Comment

UPDATE: this was actually last weeks update...
                Engine in and pretty much all sorted out

sigpic

Comment

UPDATE: Got it running yesterday

sigpic

Comment

Great progress. I have a M50 but don't have any plans on swapping it...I'm holding out for a M54/S54.
                    sigpic
                    Rebuilding since 07/06/2016

Poorboyz Parts For Sale - Updated 01/20/17 - Will be updated soon - Have many parts to post

Poorboyz Feedback Thread

Comment

What were the four bolts to the g260? I'm trying to pick some up for my m50 swap. Did you use a gasket between the trans case and engine? Got a part #

Comment

Originally posted by Poorboyz View Post
                        Great progress. I have a M50 but don't have any plans on swapping it...I'm holding out for a M54/S54.
                        I really wanted an m54, and i did find one for a great price too, but the swap was more expensive and i had a timeline to abide by. The aluminum block of those engines would be so worth it.

Originally posted by Rdreas View Post
                        What were the four bolts to the g260? I'm trying to pick some up for my m50 swap. Did you use a gasket between the trans case and engine? Got a part #
                        I tried to get new ones because i wanted new hardware, but they are somewhat strange size, my hardware store didnt have them in the super hard kind. So sorry i cant help you with the size. With the gasket, definitely use it, it helps align the starter and it keeps water out of the clutch, very useful. Dont have a part number though...

sigpic

Comment

Haha yeah im getting to the point of reusing the gasket from either my m20 or m50 and guess ill have to try some trial and error. i want my build to go in the drift direction too... but i wanna get it swapped first..

Comment

Working...
                          X