E30 Sold! Helloooo e34 Touring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E30 Sold! Helloooo e34 Touring

So after searching (with no luck) for an E30 touring a few months ago, the idea of an e34 touring came up. Ive always liked wagons and my e30 sedan had too many issues and was just too small for me (im 6'6"). Through the small BMW community here in Perth i found out this car was for sale and ended up buying it! As a few people would know, this car has been around several times, owned by a family friend when it was nearly new and through a few different hands since then. Its had a rough life with a few smashes but that doesn't phase me, im super stoked with it. This is the first car Ive owned with power windows and working A/C, and also the youngest car Ive ever owned :roll:

So initially after picking it up i gave it the usual clean and wash (full of beach sand and general shit), and quickly got my Rial wheels mounted up. I imported these from Germany and this is the first car ive had them on, and i think they look brilliant. 16x8 up front and 16x9 out back, with 205/50 Khumos (suspension is Eibach springs and bilstein shocks thanks to a previous owner). On the rear the tires are undersized, but I already had these tires in the shed so i wasn't going to splash out on new, wider ones just yet. Plus i love the stretch on the rear so it worked out well really. Heres some pics, please excuse the random lines/colour changes, photobucket sucks (car is dirty as, but you get the idea).

Dat dish

I also installed a JVC head unit with a nice orange dot matrix display that matches the cluster display, and has bluetooth. Running through the stock amp and speakers.
    No bling thank god

Hidden bluetooth mic

However, as with any 19 year old car, there are a few issues. The first was the lack of any tail lights due to the plastic globe holders being removed by one of the previous owners in an act of obvious stupidity :| whhhyyyy? So for now ive ghetto rigged that until i order the new holders.
    Some of the other broken shit:

Broken airbag wheel

Cracked wood trim

Sagging and dirty headliner. Ill get this redone when i fix the roof since it all has to come out anyway.

Today however, i broke out the Leatherique kit i bought a while back. Ive always wanted to try this stuff since so many people online recon its the best, and so far it hasn't disappointed. Here are the products (that cost me 100 shipped :shock: )

Found this gift from one of my friends in the rear map pocket, still closed! mm liquid breakfast :oops:

I taped up the seatbelts to stop the oil getting on them as it sat.

Next i poured the oil on and worked it into the cracks etc with my hands. It smells like cheap burbon so i had to stop for fresh air every once in a while.

Then i let it sit for a few hours, which is supposed to be in the sun to let it heat up and absorb the oil. However due to the bloody rain and a leaky roof it didnt absorb alot. Then i used the Pristine Cleant(white bottle) to get all the loosend dirt out. Heres the water from the damp cloth after a few minutes. dank.

In the end, this was the result. clean, soft and nice smelling leather. Im gonna do it again another day and let it sit for longer for even better results

At the end i put this on. i fucked up the white one i had so this will have to do. the front lip is stuffed up, but things just were not going my way at this point

So my plans at this point are maintain, fix and drive:
    -All fluids
    -Fix leaky/half selastict'd/non working sunroof (when it stops raining so damn much)
    -Tail light lamp holders
    -Gas struts for hood and rear glass
    -coolant level sensor (Check control bugs me with its bonging)
    -fix up ziptied M5 front bumper
    -Redo Leatherique process to soften leather even more and clean interior further
    -Claybar, synthetic sealant and carnuba wax

On the modification front, im keeping this one fairly low key:
    -Install Nardi Gara steering wheel (waiting on hub, in the mail)
    -Install full OBC (in the mail)
    -Hidden/compact subwoofer setup
    -E38/E39 shifter (hate the ugly T-Bar)
    -Remote central locking system with e46 style key.

While the car was in pretty good condition when i got it, i hope a couple of little bits here and there will bring it back to its former glory - however a uni students budget means this will be slow. But ill do what i can, and keep this thread updated.

Heres a parting shot with its stablemate (not mine tho :( )
    sigpic
    Delphin '87 325i Vert

Not a bad starting point. Just needs a little trimming around the edges ;)

Like the e46 m3 too...interlagos blue right?
    Current:
    1989 325i
    1988 M3
    1987 325ic
    Past:
    2001 330ci
    2001 M3

Comment

I think I might of seen that in sorrento a while back! nice ride dude!
      - 86' 325i SOLD
      - 90 318is

Comment

Those wheels look so right on that car

Comment

Wow...very nice!

Closing SOON!
          "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

That head unit! Where did you purchase?

Super clean wagon. Really like it. I just did the same, DD e30 is gone, 95 Oxford e34 touring in its place.

Need Illustration or Design work? www.robbiebyerly.com

Comment

Very, very, very nice. Congrats!

-> Afficionados join the M-technic I club

Comment

nice touring. i can dig it.
                IG: @Baye30

FRONT VALENCE IS ZENDER!!! STOP FILLING MY PM BOX PPL!!!

Comment

Tourings have recently come to hold a special attraction for me. I like it!

Where did you acquire the e46 style central locking kit?
                  Derek-

Comment

I need those center caps for my Rials. I thought I'd never see another Rial mesh similar to mine with those center caps.
                    My Feedback

Comment

Car looks so good. I like the dash set up on the e34 way more than the set up in my e39 touring..

Comment

Thanks for all the comments guys!

Originally posted by jhaurimn View Post
                        Not a bad starting point. Just needs a little trimming around the edges ;)

Like the e46 m3 too...interlagos blue right?
                        Thanks man! Its Le Mans, ill post some pics up at some point

Originally posted by stefennn View Post
                        I think I might of seen that in sorrento a while back! nice ride dude!
                        Ah cool man,good to hear from another Perth guy! It might have been the PO, but i do cruise up the coast pretty often. Coming to the German Car day on the 22nd?

Originally posted by RickSloan View Post
                        That head unit! Where did you purchase?

Super clean wagon. Really like it. I just did the same, DD e30 is gone, 95 Oxford e34 touring in its place.
                        I bought it locally, but im sure you could get it online. Its a JVC KDR90BT. I miss my E30, but then i remember how cool the touring is, so it fills its place pretty well :D

Originally posted by dereliiict View Post
                        Tourings have recently come to hold a special attraction for me. I like it!

Where did you acquire the e46 style central locking kit?
                        Thanks pal! I was looking at one brand that i cant remember the name of right now, was around 200 bucks and included controls for the Comfort Close remotely. They then sold an optional e46 style key to go along with it. However just then i found this, so im tempted by the price :twisted:

Originally posted by E30 Wagen View Post
                        I need those center caps for my Rials. I thought I'd never see another Rial mesh similar to mine with those center caps.
                        Ive never seen any either! these where from ebay.de, im pretty stoked to have all 4 really nice centre caps.
                        sigpic
                        Delphin '87 325i Vert

Comment

Man if my car was looking fresh and clean I would definitely bring her up, her paint atm is horrible. I'll see how I go! If I do come it'll be my 318is and my mates vr6!
                          - 86' 325i SOLD
                          - 90 318is

Comment

Stretch is only for flush wheel setups, I would get some spacers to get better fitment.

Gorgeous touring.
                            ~ Puch Cafe. ~ Do business? feedback ~ Check out my leather company ~

Instagram: @BWeissLeather

Current cars:
                            ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
                            ~ '87 535
                            ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
                            ~ '06 X5 4.8is

Comment

Originally posted by F34R View Post
                              Stretch is only for flush wheel setups, I would get some spacers to get better fitment.

Gorgeous touring.
                              Yeah i know what you mean, and spacers may be an option. But as i said i only mounted them cause i already had them, and they were less than 6 months old.

Today my OBC showed up in the mail. I think i paid around 40 dollars from eBay. I simply removed my radio so i could reach the back of the old clock unit, pushed the little leaver and the old clock slid right out. Plugged in the new OBC, pushed it back into the dash, reinstalled my radio and i was done. Functioning OBC :)

Excuse the shitty phone pics. OBC and radio

Info on the Check Control screen.

More soon!
                              sigpic
                              Delphin '87 325i Vert

Comment

Working...
                              X