No announcement yet.

Stroker Ace - 318iS to 327iS.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

brake lights, or running lights? i had a bad front turn signal socket that kept shorting out my running lights, maybe one of the rear bulb sockets is messed up?
    IG: @Baye30

FRONT VALENCE IS ZENDER!!! STOP FILLING MY PM BOX PPL!!!

Comment

Not much has really happened. Mostly just been driving it around across the state. Only been driving it for 6 months and already racked up around 30,000km.

Killed a fuel pump, so I swapped to a Walbro GSS340. Not sure if these things are supposed to be as loud as they are but it definitely runs better.

Also, got tired of the hunting idle and inconsistent performance. I had checked pretty much everything else, so concluded it must have been the AFM going bad. Decided to give the Miller Gen III MAF a shot. I actually wanted to go with a whodwho MS but the Black Friday sales made the MAF hard to resist. Chipped for 7,000RPM and installed with #173 ECU and 19lb #710 Mustang injectors. Seems to be running better. Can't really feel much of a performance gain but it definitely runs a lot more consistently. 3.5KG weight reduction over the old heavy, metal air box and AFM too.

Last edited by Hooffenstein HD; 12-22-2014, 02:51 PM.

Comment

If you don't mind me asking, what MPGs do you typically get?

Comment

Originally posted by E30NJ View Post
          If you don't mind me asking, what MPGs do you typically get?
          I did a 550km road trip and worked out it was around 10 litres per 100km(23.5 US MPG) That was on open but twisty hills/valley roads doing 100-140km/h.

Now I've swapped to the MAF and 19lb injectors, my economy gauge sits on about 5litres per 100km when doing 60km/h around the city and about 7litres per 100km when doing 100km/h on open roads. I've yet to calculate its accuracy but that can't be correct. That's Corolla level economy.

I'd estimate something around 25 USmpg on open roads. Too hard to calculate metro driving as every body has vastly different traffic conditions.
          Last edited by Hooffenstein HD; 12-25-2014, 10:30 PM.

Comment

Stroker Ace - 318iS to 327iS.

When you swap to bigger injectors, the resistance load on the injectors drops (because where it normal runs at 80% duty cycle with 14#, it is now running at 40% 19#) and the ECU calculates that as increased fuel economy

Seattle Circuit sells an adjustable doodad that can compensate the resistance load on the injectors and simulate the OEM 14# duty cycle; AKA fix the issue. I think it was good anywhere up to 46#s but I've never used it yet (plan to when I chip it and switch to 19#s myself)

Either way; nice freaking work
            This car looks awesome

Comment

I knew the gauge had to be wrong. Seemed way too good to be true.

It's getting there. Still need to sort out the passenger door, paint the rockers and get another fog delete.

Reiger style chin spoiler is on the cards too.

Comment

Last weekend a bushfire started in Sampson Flat and over the course of the week burnt out of control through 11,000 hectares of the Adelaide Hills. The CFS have done an amazing job of containing the fires and protecting homes/towns but a lot of the terrain is difficult to reach. Following a large storm and one of the largest downpours of rain the state has seen in the last 30 years(oddly enough, in the middle of summer) the fires are now contained and roads are beginning to open up following clean up of debris and fallen trees.

Decided to go for a drive and see what the damage looks like.

Last edited by Hooffenstein HD; 01-11-2015, 04:28 AM.

Comment

Also found this guy looking pretty parched and hungry. He was climbing trees looking for leaves but they were mostly burnt so when he climbed back down, we gave him some fresh looking leaves off one of the cut down trees. He seemed to appreciate the feed and the drink from our water bottle.

Comment

Nice pictures, man!

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
                    Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

Gave it a few revs coming out of a fuel station last night, hit about 4,500RPM and the engine suddenly died.

Cranked for a while and it managed to start back up but now it runs rough, idling up and down from 1,000-2,000RPM. Disconnecting the MAF is not making any difference whatsoever but I'm not ready to say that's the issue. I'll be buying a multimeter and inline fuel pressure gauge after work today and run some diagnostics.

Any other known reasons for what would cause an engine to suddenly die like that? I've already replaced CPS right after the stall. Didn't make a difference.

Edit:
                      0.36 ignition on, 0.36 idling. I guess that confirms a dead MAF but the real question is why did it die after only 3 months?
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by Hooffenstein HD; 04-12-2015, 07:10 AM.

Comment

At WOT, is the MAF/AFM ignored? If I give it a rev it will bog right down until it almost dies but if I crank the throttle wide open it revs up.

Comment

Yes - the MAF / AFM is ignored at WOT.
                          My e30: OEM+ with M30B35

Comment

Originally posted by lukeADE335i View Post
                            Yes - the MAF / AFM is ignored at WOT.
                            Thanks for confirming that. This might help explain my current sluggish/chugging acceleration under partial throttle that is cleared up with a WOT pull to redline.

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
                            Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

Originally posted by Hooffenstein HD View Post
                              Any other known reasons for what would cause an engine to suddenly die like that?
                              To much power...
                              sigpic

Comment

MAF has been sorted. Bought a new insert and swapped Miller's plug adapter into it. Had to cut out the thermistor/IAT from the old MAF and solder it into the new one. Can take/upload photos for anyone interested.

Drove an impromptu ~1600-1700KM over the weekend. Roughly 30 hours including the 8 hours we slept and all the time spent sight seeing with the lady. Worked out fuel economy to be around 9l/100km and a good deal of those km were spirited driving through the hills surrounding The Grampians. Only minor hiccup was fuel surge when almost airborne over a large bump with the fuel gauge deep in the red.

Maps Route is only a basic guide, doesn't count all the km zig zagging and driving around the areas.

Unfortunately only have potato phone pictures.

Last edited by Hooffenstein HD; 05-02-2017, 10:56 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X