Turbo M20 Stroker (3.2L) into an E21!(with pics) - Build/Help Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • LowR3V'in
    replied
    ^hey man well there is allot of if, ands, or buts
    type of threads that never get off the ground. Show us that you're
    serious and get the ball rolling by taking pics and people will give you more advice. :early:


    Going from the 2.5 to 2.9 I think you need to get bored out no?

    That small jump in displacement might not be what you expect and perhaps
    money better spend on billet pistons with the stock 2.5.

    modern (not the big metal ones) high z injectors are easy to control. There's no
    need to do low z anymore.

    devils own is the best value. I'm using allot of their stuff.

    Every 0.1L makes a difference though and 10k is ALLLLOOOTT of cash
    to sink into an m20 so go crazy and do it just to find out! ;D

    Leave a comment:


  • HaloArchive
    replied
    This section might be more dead than e30tech. Anyone?

    Leave a comment:


  • HaloArchive
    replied
    Originally posted by Northern
    60lb Siemens deka injectors will be more than enough, and are only ~225$

    if you're sending the head to bimmerheads/myster-e, look into getting the coolant passages welded at the same time.

    and if you're going aftermarket pistons, look into the non-interference Metric Mechanic pistons. If you put a lot of money into the head/bottom end, it is good insurance against a bad timing belt/tensioner/gear ruining everything (IMO of course)
    I was reading the difference in injectors, my decision came with me thinking its better for the injectors to be higher rated so the duty cycle isn't maxed out. Not unless it doesn't matter? Im also thinking that what if I want to up the power in the future, it would save me time to already have high flow injectors in there.

    Also, Myster-E looks like there is a welded passages option available on their website. I was thinking of buying a fully spec'ed out head so that it would not be a cause for concern later down the line.

    Originally posted by einstein57
    I'd say your initial list looks pretty good. I use the Siemens 80# injectors. They will give you room for e85. Which means you should get the AEM e85 pump which is pretty cheap too. As far as the head I'd start with the cam and valve springs. You can always get a ported and polished head down the line if you feel it's not enough. You can get to your goal with a seta based striker for $5k or less if you do all your own work. Don't forget to get a clutch. I use a grip force s52 setup.

    The first thing to buy is the mega squirt, wideband and injectors. Get it running smooth first before you take everything apart and chase your tail trouble shooting.
    Whats the difference between the Siemens and Bosch injectors? I was also reading that if I can find low-impedance injectors that the idle will be smoother? Due to there not being many E85 stations in my area (closest one is 20 miles and the next closest is 300 miles), I would prefer if I could run pump gas and methanol.

    The car already has a Sachs clutch setup but I dont think it will be able to hold the power. Maybe im wrong though.

    The stroker thing goes back to my original question ... How well do strokers handle FI? Ive seen mixed results. If itd be significantly easier for me to make my power goals with a 2.9l or 3.0l, id gladly go that route.

    What wideband do you suggest?

    Cheers

    Leave a comment:


  • einstein57
    replied
    I'd say your initial list looks pretty good. I use the Siemens 80# injectors. They will give you room for e85. Which means you should get the AEM e85 pump which is pretty cheap too. As far as the head I'd start with the cam and valve springs. You can always get a ported and polished head down the line if you feel it's not enough. You can get to your goal with a seta based striker for $5k or less if you do all your own work. Don't forget to get a clutch. I use a grip force s52 setup.

    The first thing to buy is the mega squirt, wideband and injectors. Get it running smooth first before you take everything apart and chase your tail trouble shooting.

    Leave a comment:


  • BMWManiac
    replied
    I don't think Bimmerheadz will weld the coolant passages...I have a Bimmerheadz head and I asked about it before I bought it and they responded that they don't do that....maybe things have changed?

    Leave a comment:


  • Northern
    replied
    60lb Siemens deka injectors will be more than enough, and are only ~225$

    if you're sending the head to bimmerheads/myster-e, look into getting the coolant passages welded at the same time.

    and if you're going aftermarket pistons, look into the non-interference Metric Mechanic pistons. If you put a lot of money into the head/bottom end, it is good insurance against a bad timing belt/tensioner/gear ruining everything (IMO of course)

    Leave a comment:


  • Turbo M20 Stroker (3.2L) into an E21!(with pics) - Build/Help Thread

    Hello All,

    I have an E21 that is getting the m20 and euro treatment but, while that is going on, I am going to start building another m20 turbo on my stand to swap in :)

    EDIT:

    The final build is as follows:

    Bottom: Carillo Pistons/Rods, S52 crank, ARP hardware (~3150 CC)
    Head: Custom work from Shant :)
    Injectors: 850cc Siemens
    Turbo: GT4094r
    EMS: VEMS 3.6 w/ Wasted Spark

    EDIT 2: Recent PICS on PAGE 2


    Cheers
    Last edited by HaloArchive; 01-26-2015, 07:07 PM.
Working...