My turbo 24v alpine coupe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E30 OKTOBERFEST IS TOMORROW!

Did some prep last night. I have been loosing sleep on the fact that I dont have a grommet in the firewall for the ECU wiring. I dont know where my factory grommet is either. I did it the old school way and cut some vacuum line down the center and made it fit the hole. Now I can sleep!

I REALLY want to run the Futura's for this event, however, its a 3.5 hr drive each way and the temps are supposed to go into the 30's and 40's during the weekend. It's just not r888 weather. Plus the firehawks are ALOT quieter.

I am sure ill be posting pics from the weekend.
    www.cp-e.com

1989 Zinno 325i m52 turbo coupe
    2015 Ford Fiesta ST, Daily Driver.

Comment

E30 Oktoberfest was a blast!
      Made the ~500 mile round trip without a hitch! For sure an accomplishment!

Learned a few things about this car, some just confirming things I already knew:
      -The bias valve for the brakes needs adjustment. The rear rotors look untouched after 500 miles. Especially with manual brakes, I need to use all the brakes I have.
      -Springs need to be stiffer
      -I need to learn how to drive better********
      -my tires are too tall
      -it sounds like a 2jz, in a good way
      -not bad vehicle for camping, although the fiesta would have been way better
      -running a shorter diff like a 3.15 might allow a better 2nd gear autocross run. In autocross I kept alternating between 1st and 2nd for runs. 1st was too short and too much tire spin, 2nd was a little lazy, especially with this turbo.

Overall, NCe30 did a kickass job putting the event on. For 60 bucks you got unlimited skidpad access, 1 lunch, 2 dinners (cooked on an e30 trailer grill), good beer, event beer glass, camping pass, koozie, sticker, raffle tickets and alot of fun.

Autocross run (click to play)
      GH010485 by mitchlevy7, on Flickr

About to go, they allowed a few non-e30's to have some fun too.

GOPR0483 by mitchlevy7, on Flickr

they brought us all onto the track for a group pic

Untitled by mitchlevy7, on Flickr

New addition to my e30 wall in my apt (check them out, Turtle labs https://turtlelaboratories.com/)

turbo 5.0 e30, s52 e30, and me

Super Clean, bagged, s52 swapped, mtech 1 car

GOPR0475 by mitchlevy7, on Flickr

GOPR0477 by mitchlevy7, on Flickr

www.cp-e.com

Comment

looks like a great time!
        1990 325is
        m52b28
        3.73lsd
        g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

rear overfenders came in from Cliq tuning.... looks like their "fits all e30 coupes" isnt very accurate because, well its impossible because early quarters and late model quarters are different. Fitment around the taillight is telling me it was designed around an early model coupe. Looks like these would be WAY to much work to modify and make it look good.

back to the drawing board.
          www.cp-e.com

Comment

been a while since I have updated. Not much going on with the car, just getting more little things taken care of. Been driving it alot on the weekends because there really has been nothing to do because of COVID and gas is HELLA cheap down here (Paid $1.65/gal for the 93 thats still in the tank)

Before today I:
            Gave it its first oil change
            installed the condor delrin steering guibo thing, that was a pain in the butt drilling out the factory one to install it.
            ceramic coated the futuras
            installed shorter studs (58mm i think) so the center caps will fit over the studs. Originally had some crappy 54mm, then went to 78mm bullet nose, and back to 58 bullet nose.
            got dissapointed because the mishimoto catch can sucks. It was halfway full and started getting all of its contents back into my filter.

today I:
            I noticed a puddle of coolant under the car yesterday so I started investigating it. There was a hose leaking from the heater core and another leak in the front of the car, still trying to figure out the front one.
            I installed a new fuel filter, old one was full of rust, should have changed it when i did the fuel system/tank
            cleaned up some of the wiring under the intake manifold
            installed a new crank sensor as the water pump pulley had eaten through the wiring cover on the old one like a year ago. I taped up the wire with plans to replace it and finally replaced it today.
            Figured out why the dash starts smoking when i turn on the blower fan

i have a new resistor pack but I didn't want to buy the new blower motor until I knew it was bad, should have just done it. I have a new one coming from FCP euro (whatever the OEM brand was for like $150, not about to pay $600 for a blower motor)

heres a good pic of the car for good measure with my coworkers saleen mustang

Likely going to sell the 1552 Formula TR's soon, if anybody might want them. I kinda bought them on an impulse and now I realize that i don't really need "daily" wheels for a car that will never be dailied. Thinking about replacing those with a set of something lightweight. Been eyeing the 15x10 dekagrams or maybe the avanti s1. something light with good brake clearance and maybe a 8.5 or 8 inch wide in the front so I am not constantly rubbing.

www.cp-e.com

Comment

Working...
            X