X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cool thread

Comment

Thanks Efficient.

Waiting for powdercoating. I dont really want to roll the chassis around the shop as it sits really sketchily on some dollys. I can't ask the powdercoater to rush it because they are doing it for only the cost of materials.

Last night I welded an o2 bung into the downpipe.

I burned through the pipe in that one spot originally. Gotta grind it down.

And I finish welded the midpipe.

The pipes on both sides of the muffer don't go in straight so there were some big gaps. Big gaps make some ugly welds.

Muffler is a 3" custom one we use at work for our exhausts.

Should be getting funds to order my VEMS standalone today. I promise. Last ECU i will use.
      www.cp-e.com

1989 Zinno 325i m52 turbo coupe
      2015 Ford Fiesta ST, Daily Driver.

Comment

Kinda broke and waiting for powdercoating.

sad.

Took the diff cover off and its getting coated too.

Looking at the AEM 320LPH ethanol capable in tank pump. I can store e85 at work. I can do 116 but even at my price its expensive.
        www.cp-e.com

Comment

Used the snow storm last weekend to do some polishing

Didn't wetsand the compressor housing at all but it turned out good. Right now I have 3 lips done and 2 faces but I am not happy with the faces so I may take them back down to wetsand.

Also, tried welding aluminum so I can do my charge pipes. I have only welded aluminum once before and that was like 4 years ago.

I am happy with it. Much more sensitive to dirtyness than stainless and heats up the whole pipe really quick.

Inlet and outlet of FMIC and throttle inlet are all 3". Should I adapt to 3" from the 2.5" turbo outlet right at the turbo or at the FMIC or somewhere in between?

Keep trying to order the VEMS but every time I have enough money,something comes up.
          www.cp-e.com

Comment

Powdercoating is done.

Here is the diff cover with the condor bushing sitting on top.

Ordered all the stuff to reseal the diff, parking brake cables, axle nuts, DSSR, and my PNP VEMS is in production. Going to try and get the rear end together without axles and diff by the end of the weekend to make the car a roller.

Barrels for the ozs are also out of powder and look awesome.
            Finally decided on smoke clear centers, clear on lips, and gold bolts.
            www.cp-e.com

Comment

Was going to put the rear subframe in last night to make it a roller and my dumbass put the subframe bushings in the wrong way.

Also I wanted to get the axles out so I can grease them before putting them back in. One side didn't want to come out. Used heat, an air hammer and a regular hammer. This morning I got a spark of genius and pulled out my FWD hub puller and impact gun and BAM axle out. Both the boots on both axles are rotting but the axles are still good for now. I just wanted to make it easier for when I do get new ones.

Also spent a while wire wheeling the diff
              www.cp-e.com

Comment

Nice work man! cant wait to see how the futuras come out, the rest of the parts are looking great!

R.H.D
                M-technic I club

Comment

Wow that diff cover turned out great'
                  F80 M3 Alpine
                  E10 Fjord Blue 2002
                  E28 Blackish 535i
                  E21 Silver 320i
                  Disco1 98 4.6
                  ~~~~~~
                  E30 Cirrus coupe S50 SOLD
                  E30 325i SOLD
                  E30 Alpine 325i vert Euro spec SOLD
                  E30 Alpine coupe 325is SOLD
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JamesE30 View Post
                    Nice work man! cant wait to see how the futuras come out, the rest of the parts are looking great!
                    Thanks.Appreciate it.

For some reason I cant get the faces to polish out as well as I had hoped. Got some polishing wheels for my bench grinder and I am going to try a face tonight.
                    www.cp-e.com

Comment

Wheels are getting there. Hoping to get some stuff done tomorrow
                      www.cp-e.com

Comment

Finished wetsanding all of the faces and centercaps over the weekend

Tonight I finished stripping all of the rust and old paint off the diff and repainted it. I wish I had flat black instead of gloss so I can tell if it leaks...

And in between coats I got 2 more lips polished. My office at work right now... My boss is a little unhappy with all the wheel parts.

Taking a few lips home and bringing faces in... Never doing fully polished wheels again...

Tested out a HKS SSQV on my fiesta... way too loud.
                        www.cp-e.com

Comment

Also ordered a pyrex gas lense to try on one of the welders at work. Im going to try it out and weld a second O2 sensor bung in the downpipe for the wideband gauge since the VEMS has its own wideband.
                          www.cp-e.com

Comment

Finished the diff... just needs fluid. Kinda wished I wire wheeled the bolts and painted them...

I am happy with it, especially considering nobody will see it.

Got my furick fupa cup and got some good welds with it. I am messing around with getting really good pipe fitment and using no filler.

All the lips are polished on the OZ's. 2 more faces left and then off to powder.

Ran into a situation..... and might be getting a gt3582R for cheap. Rather run that then the turbo I have now which I dont know much about.
                            www.cp-e.com

Comment

After getting the right tap for the threads in the top of the diff, I got it back in.

new ebrake cables, new SS brake lines, refreshed diff, powdercoated subframe, rear end bushings.

Started grinding down all the brackets in the engine bay the other night. Hoping to paint the bay by the end of next week.

ECU is finally on its way.

Wheels are finished in polishing and will go to powder next week
                              www.cp-e.com

Comment

grinding down the brackets turned into so much more...

Got most of the seam sealer out, cut the battery tray and started to blend the shock towers.

Not going for a "shaved bay" but I just ordered some body filler and more sanding stuff.... I want it to look clean and presentable.

Im so bad at taking pictures.

About to make my last ecs order. Since I want to take the manifold off and sand it flat, I might as well switch to N54 studs. Also ordering everything I need to run a water cooled turbo minus a few lines I can source from work. I guess I am committing to this gt35.... but in order to move the whole build forward I am going to stick with the turbo I have for now and then switch when I get the chance. The gt35 is still in another car
                                www.cp-e.com

Comment

Working...
                                X