No announcement yet.

Blunttech / Classic Daily S85 V10 E30 M3 Swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ahhh, that's the life I want. Custom Badass engine swaps on classic bmw. Gotta get outa CA, I couldnt drive that e30(or even my own e30) on the streets if I wanted to.
    IG: @Baye30

FRONT VALENCE IS ZENDER!!! STOP FILLING MY PM BOX PPL!!!

Comment

I see your doing big things.. literally.. big things...
      sigpic

Comment

great to see this is on the move steve / jake

Comment

Had a great time ripping into this for a few days. Unfortunately found some rust I was unaware of. Pretty good sized hole in passenger firewall corner. But Jake assures me he can cut it out and patch it. Other than that hole the rest of the car is better than I expected... After working on Jakes new lift I will be ordering my own soon. So nice to have,....
          We can serve you better through Email

sales@blunttech.com
          www.blunttech.com

Like us on Facebook

Comment

Looking good! Love seeing this unfold.
            ~ Puch Cafe. ~ Do business? feedback ~ Check out my leather company ~

Instagram: @BWeissLeather

Current cars:
            ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
            ~ '87 535
            ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
            ~ '06 X5 4.8is

Comment

Originally posted by F34R View Post
              Looking good! Love seeing this unfold.
              This.

I am stoked for this project.

Comment

Originally posted by NitroRustlerDriver View Post
                They are listed under e82 only, which is odd.

http://bremboaftermarket.com/En/Car_...ueBrand=Brembo
                Ah sweet.

Originally posted by jakeb View Post
                Long time no update but moving ahead now. Steve from Blunttech flew in for a couple days to rip it all apart. On to some pictures....

The 135 brakes fit inside the 17" throwing stars. The 135 rotors are a bit to deep tho. Going to have to look for some different rotors.
                300mm.de used 314mm rotors. The calipers only allow for a 28mm wide disc however.

I would personally be going with the 345mm CSL discs (for long term supply) with a 13mm spacer, as 17x8" will be perfect.

Example:

Edit: I'm pushing for you guys to do kit because I'm just about to pull the trigger on the 6 piston fronts and twin piston rears and want to run throwing stars :D

SILBER COMBAT UNIT DELTA (M-Technic Marshal)
                RTFM:http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=56950

Comment

I'm interested to see an OE option for big brakes on e30 m3 spindles as well, my car is due for a brake job and OE M3 brakes leave something to be desired...
                  IG: @Baye30

FRONT VALENCE IS ZENDER!!! STOP FILLING MY PM BOX PPL!!!

Comment

Does the 135 caliper bolt straight onto the e30 m3 strut? Does it change the offset needed for the rotor?

Saab 9-3 aero cars have a 314x28mm front disc that has a very similar offset to it that may work with a little machining. They are 45.2 mm high compared to the m3's 40mm.
                    Originally posted by codyep3
                    I hope to Christ you have looks going for you, because you sure as fuck don't have any intelligence.
                    2001 silver/Blk 325 cabby. SOLD
                    1988 Blk/Blk e30 factory wide body kit car SOLD
                    1992 DS/BLK 325 m-tech II apperance pack cabby SOLD!
                    2002 325xit Sil/blk. SOLD
                    2012 328i xdrive touring. Wht/blk. SOLD
                    2009 135 cabby. monacoblue/blk leather SOLD
                    2007 Z4m coupe. Silver grey/black/ aluminum. 1of50
                    2010 F650gs twin
                    2016 M235i cabby. Mineral grey/Red leather

Comment

Are running M-systems a must? I found with willwood calipers and my old green m-systems, that I had to run a lot of spacer to clear the spokes. I remember running M-systems with 235/40/17 tires on the front of my old e30 M3 and the offset was already a bit tight. If you have to space the wheel away from the 135 caliper as much as I did with the willwoods, I really don't think it will fit unless you run some stupid 195/25/17 tires. Keep the stretch to butt holes only.
                      My E30 v1.0 | v2.0 | v3.0 | My E28 |My E34 | My feedback

Comment

Originally posted by Todd Black 88 View Post
                        Does the 135 caliper bolt straight onto the e30 m3 strut? Does it change the offset needed for the rotor?

Saab 9-3 aero cars have a 314x28mm front disc that has a very similar offset to it that may work with a little machining. They are 45.2 mm high compared to the m3's 40mm.
                        Yes we are finding we need a lower offset rotor than the e46 stuff. The tie rod hits the rotor.
                        Those saab rotors look good but the bolt pattern is not 5x120... Looks like 5x110

any other ideas?
                        www.classicdaily.net
                        1970 m42 swapped 2002
                        1985 LS1/T56 Swapped e28 (557e)

www.blunttech.com - For all your parts needs

Follow me on Instagram for constant build updates @classicdaily
                        https://www.facebook.com/ClassicDailyLLC

Comment

sub'ed for Blunt's off-color comments.
                          Originally posted by Matt-B
                          hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

Originally posted by jakeb View Post
                            Yes we are finding we need a lower offset rotor than the e46 stuff. The tie rod hits the rotor.
                            Those saab rotors look good but the bolt pattern is not 5x120... Looks like 5x110

any other ideas?
                            Redrill or machine the bolt pattern like this guy does for his m3 running Mercedes 300mm rotors.

Originally posted by codyep3
                            I hope to Christ you have looks going for you, because you sure as fuck don't have any intelligence.
                            2001 silver/Blk 325 cabby. SOLD
                            1988 Blk/Blk e30 factory wide body kit car SOLD
                            1992 DS/BLK 325 m-tech II apperance pack cabby SOLD!
                            2002 325xit Sil/blk. SOLD
                            2012 328i xdrive touring. Wht/blk. SOLD
                            2009 135 cabby. monacoblue/blk leather SOLD
                            2007 Z4m coupe. Silver grey/black/ aluminum. 1of50
                            2010 F650gs twin
                            2016 M235i cabby. Mineral grey/Red leather

Comment

Originally posted by Eric View Post
                              Are running M-systems a must? I found with willwood calipers and my old green m-systems, that I had to run a lot of spacer to clear the spokes. I remember running M-systems with 235/40/17 tires on the front of my old e30 M3 and the offset was already a bit tight. If you have to space the wheel away from the 135 caliper as much as I did with the willwoods, I really don't think it will fit unless you run some stupid 195/25/17 tires. Keep the stretch to butt holes only.
                              Thanks Eric Im not opposed to buying new wheels.. I just had these and was trying to run these initially to keep costs down until I really found something unique. But I guess function is most important here I may look at some Apex once we get the rotors dialed in

sales@blunttech.com
                              www.blunttech.com

Like us on Facebook

Comment

Jake has been reading up on rotors for hours. This may be the ticket ..
                                Corvette Gran Sport rear rotor 340mm diam 49mm overall height
                                26mm thickness Just need to mill the hub opening. Looks promising and should fit in a 17 in wheel

sales@blunttech.com
                                www.blunttech.com

Like us on Facebook

Comment

Working...
                                X