No announcement yet.

Projekt: Slow as shit [Exhaust Video, end of first post!]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

woo! your thread is whats going to determine whether or not i go for a stoker or turbo. If you dont mind me asking, whats the total engine build cost come out to?
    Originally posted by unloadedak
    It's brand new. I've gripped the shaft a couple times and that's about it.

Comment

Is it in?

Oh yah you bet it's in!

Engine has been in and running excellent over the course of the last few days. The Bimmerheads team did a great job getting everything sorted for this build and swap. Just turning the car on is a whole new experience, it starts almost instantly.

Currently running the car on a stock computer at the moment, waiting on a reworked tune from Sssquid to slap on by the end of this week and really see what this new motor has to offer as it should be nicely broken in by then.

Also this weekend I will be throwing the 2.93 lsd back in the rear end to make it a very cruise friendly car for now. Turns out the "3.46lsd" I have in the rear is something much shorter than a 3.46... So until I can find a 3.46 or maybe even a 3.25 the 2.93 will do for now, and my mileage will like that too.

Many thanks to
      http://www.bimmerheads.com
      http://sssquid.com/v2/

More to come.
      À la folie

Comment

Thanks for all your kind words Duncan! I hope you enjoy it for many years to come. Thanks again for your business.

-Shant
        1988 E30 335i - 1987 E30 327i - 1987 E30 327iS Pickup - 1973 2002 Project

Visit www.BimmerHeads.com for all of your 12 valve needs!

Comment

so whats the word on this car now?

Comment

Originally posted by trippmann View Post
            stoker or turbo.
            I think the word you're looking for is "AND". ;)

Comment

Originally posted by efficient View Post
              so whats the word on this car now?
              Have had the new engine in for over 6k miles and it's been running pretty well. Make some great power all around. It makes so many beautiful noises and feels above 6k rpm.

I have been faced with one major drawback though. There has either been something going on with the EMS (squid tune) that I have or the engine it self.

I get reasonable detonation under load rolling on at 3200rpm on pump gas. The problem goes away when I bump the octane to 100 using Torco Accelerator.

I've had Jesse at Sssquid Tuning reduce the timing close to stock and it still happens. I've spoken with John at Wottech and he isn't too sure either. I'd really just love to run this thing all out on pump gas and have fun all the time, but that's sadly not the case.

No one has had any solid solutions to this and I've just been pouring in a can of octane booster when I'm doing anything besides cruising around grandpa style. When I add the booster this thing runs like a fucking champ.
              À la folie

Comment

Hey have you found out anything about the detonation? Did it start when you initially built the motor or was it something that developed afterwards? I'm getting parts together for a 2.9l stroker and Im deciding on piston cr to go with and just curious how yours has been going.

Instagram: Reichart12

Comment

Get a wideband and/or put it on a dyno with a wideband and see what's really going on
                  - '88 m54 coupe

<3

Comment

Bit of an update. It seems that there has been a vacuum leak since the motor was installed. It's caused it to idle a bit higher than expected, although consistent. Possibly, the leak is allowing more air into the mix under certain loads. So the car is getting tested for an intake leak as well as a valve adjustment.

Hopefully this will narrow it down to a simple seal and I'll be running hard on pump gas for once.

À la folie

Comment

Originally posted by 6SPD View Post
                      Have had the new engine in for over 6k miles and it's been running pretty well. Make some great power all around. It makes so many beautiful noises and feels above 6k rpm.

I have been faced with one major drawback though. There has either been something going on with the EMS (squid tune) that I have or the engine it self.

I get reasonable detonation under load rolling on at 3200rpm on pump gas. The problem goes away when I bump the octane to 100 using Torco Accelerator.

I've had Jesse at Sssquid Tuning reduce the timing close to stock and it still happens. I've spoken with John at Wottech and he isn't too sure either. I'd really just love to run this thing all out on pump gas and have fun all the time, but that's sadly not the case.

No one has had any solid solutions to this and I've just been pouring in a can of octane booster when I'm doing anything besides cruising around grandpa style. When I add the booster this thing runs like a fucking champ.
                      After reading this thread, you and I have literally the exact same build minus the crank shaft(I'm using the ETA crank) and we have the exact same detonation issue at the same RPM. I myself did a smoke test but no leaks found. I really have no idea what's going either. Some days it's worse than others

Originally posted by StereoInstaller1
                      My expectation is an immediate 5 speed swap. Autos suck more than a 50 year old whore.

Comment

Originally posted by K1CKBAC View Post
                        After reading this thread, you and I have literally the exact same build minus the crank shaft(I'm using the ETA crank) and we have the exact same detonation issue at the same RPM. I myself did a smoke test but no leaks found. I really have no idea what's going either. Some days it's worse than others
                        Finally! Someone to shrug my shoulders with.

I'm actually running an ETA crank too!

I just got the car back from a reputable shop for a valve adjustment and smoke test... I thought that maybe my surging idle (although consistent) was allowing more air into the mix than expected... But nope, she came up tight with the perfect compression of 205 across the board.

Still looking for a solution to this....
                        À la folie

Comment

that exhaust note:pimp:
                          2014 Alpine White 335i MSport
                          (Daily Driver)
                          Full Mperformance Aero

2007 Black Sapphire Metallic E92 335i (6MT)
                          KW V2 Coilovers
                          VRSF Catless Downpipes

Comment

I copied your exhaust setup and went with a 2.5 piping with Vibrant muffler and 12" resonator.. holy shit its actually really loud ! Did it take some time to break in and mellow out?

Great thread by the way. Definitely looking forward to building my eta up with a 327i soon.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by jayuuey View Post
                              I copied your exhaust setup and went with a 2.5 piping with Vibrant muffler and 12" resonator.. holy shit its actually really loud ! Did it take some time to break in and mellow out?

Great thread by the way. Definitely looking forward to building my eta up with a 327i soon.

Thanks
                              That's awesome mate!

It was really muffled and sounded very drony for the first bit. Mine definitely has opened up and is super free flow sounding now (it is, no question).

Definitely takes some time to break in, let me know how it goes!
                              À la folie

Comment

For sure thought I had posted this in the build thread before... Anyways here's the numbers...

Also, She's for sale. http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=341374
                                À la folie

Comment

Working...
                                X