No announcement yet.

1971 BMW 1600 Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

want to sell those BBS RM? build looks like its coming along nicely!

Comment

Great work man. Love seeing 'em brought back like this.
      Tinker Engineering - 2014

Mica - 2000 BMW 323i - The one that started it all
      Fiona - 1975 BMW 2002 - The Definition of Project Creep
      Heidi - 1988 BMW M5 - The piece of BMW history
      Silvia - 2013 Subaru WRX - Stock, for now

Comment

Originally posted by phreshkid View Post
        Andrew,

I'm on the FAQ under the tag Danc02.

-Ryan
        Ryan, ok, it all makes sense now! I'll be back on brake-line duty after this weekend.
        ADAMS Autosport

Comment

Excited to watch this build unfold. And good for you for taking a break from school, I think you'll be happy you did it.

--Roundie Revival 2.0 - 1973 BMW 2002 Build Thread--
          --Golden Boy E30 Build Thread-- (sold)

Comment

Still looking for a good 1.6l. Andrew at IE mentioned that he might have one and I am very hopeful. If things don't pan out, I have a contingency plan.

I bought this engine on #Instagram last night:

I still don't think it will go in the blue 1600, but it's never a bad thing to have a few engines to choose from. This should be shipping out from Atlanta early Tuesday morning if things go as planned.

Andrew! Let's talk 1.6l.

I also went ahead and ordered some paint rehab supplies. I'm going to try to use exclusively Meguiar's stuff because I know the guys and I get a nice discount. I'll have some good update photos this week.

On another note, I accepted a Director of Marketing position for a company, so between that and the shipping container business, I'll be plenty busy. More work usually = more money = cooler cars. Stay tuned, things are getting good.

Congratulations Seahawks. I wasn't rooting for you, but the Broncos never showed up tonight. Excellent defense.
            world renown Harry Potter expert
            sigpic

Comment

Jesus man, you've got one nice project, and obviously a lotta money to play around with.

Comment

Seen that engine in person, its sweet as shit! Loving this build.

http://halden-fabricius.tumblr.com/

Comment

Some updates:

I cleaned the hell out of a complete set of 02 suspension today. Everything below (except for the e21 320iS diff) is from the Polaris 73 2002. I have to build up two sets of suspension, so I wanted the 73 car to be the practice run. It doesn't make much sense considering I'll be driving the blue car much more and much sooner, but I don't care. I don't do things that "make sense".

I conveniently loaded everything onto a forklift and drove to our "washing area". All washing was done using a massive hot-water pressure washer. I burned myself. It was cool.

Photos of things that are dirty:

Then things started getting cleaner:

And then I cleaned up the 320iS diff from my late car. She'll never stop giving.

Then I got all the parts back in the shop. I stepped on the forklift's brakes a bit hard and the rear setup fell. I damaged the rear brakes nice and good. Go me!

Photos of damaged brakes. Guess this means I'm going bigger brakes. Damn. ;)

Enough of that, here are a few more:

Here is a nice, clean rear subframe assembly. Pretty rusty (only surface rust). Looks like I'm going to have these powder coated or something.

I got everything tucked away until tomorrow. I pulled out another box and finally went through its contents for the first time. I bought all this stuff at the beginning of last year, thinking that I would build up the original engine for the Polaris 73 car. This was before I bought the s14, and before I decided I knew what I was doing. I still don't really know what I'm doing most of the time.

I bought that other engine last night and after some deep meditation over a Chipotle burrito, I kind of want to put it in the blue car. The blue car is awesome and I want to keep it awesome.

Here are some parts I've purchased over the last two years through various sources on this forum and others. They will all find a home on either the blue car or the Polaris car. I'll probably turn this thread into a simultaneous build of both cars. Mostly because I'm lazy.

And then I bought this thing a few months ago. It seems too nice for the blue car, so I'll probably keep it safe until the christening of the Polaris car.

That's all I got for today.
                  -Ryan
                  sigpic

Comment

:nice: Don't make me post here again.

Comment

Director of marketing ? Sounds like you have things set up well for such a young age. Can't wait to see more! And be careful with that hot water pressure water :p
                      Current:
                      1989 325i
                      1988 M3
                      1987 325ic
                      Past:
                      2001 330ci
                      2001 M3

Comment

Holly parts pile Batman!
                        sigpic
                        "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten."

Comment

sigpic

Comment

kewl stuff. what's the story with the m5 touring?

1991 BMW 318i (Old Shell RIP, Now Being Re-shelled & Reborn)
                            1983 Peugeot 505 STI
                            1992 Volvo 240 Wagon
                            2009 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Sport 4WD

Comment

Originally posted by freeride53 View Post
                              kewl stuff. what's the story with the m5 touring?
                              My buddy just finished two e39 m5 tourings. Everything was swapped over, including subframes and m5 trunks/floorboards. One just passed BAR too. So much more room for activities! And they are fast. One is fully Dinan'd out. Scary fast.
                              sigpic

Comment

awesome! It's so refreshing to see an '02 that hasn't been over restored...

-chris

Early 323i
                                http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=214425
                                320i V8 Swap
                                http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=345807
                                M3
                                http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=310470

Comment

Working...
                                X