Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My euro 320i/B6 3.5 Alpina Tribute ( Now with turbo power)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My euro 320i complete restoration.(now with m30power)

Will for sure.

So been talking to the guy and he said he's not in a huge rush to sell so it's getting taken off cl all I gotta do is sell the e36!!

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
    1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
    Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
    Mtech 2 turbo restoration
    Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

Thanks for the props on the shifter arm weld job. I'm a retired GE welder & enjoy car/bike projects I can mail off to folks. My biggest compliment is my turn around times & the quality of the work. I tried to finish it like I was going to bang gears behind a LS3 of my own! Welding cast aluminum is typically not the best looking due to the impurities of the base metal but I think it turned out well. It was a pleasure dealing with you & it was an interesting little project.

Keep your build rolling & again - Thanks for have the confidence I could pull that off.

PS: What is not visible on the sides of the arm is the two .125 strip pieces (1 per side) I plated it with that was welded in prior to those top welds. It's super strong.
      Last edited by tig welder; 07-23-2014, 09:55 PM.

Comment

This is rad dude, great balls deep work. Best of luck in getting her ready for ICC! You're hauling ass.

SamHurly on flickr

Comment

Originally posted by Heyrr View Post
          This is rad dude, great balls deep work. Best of luck in getting her ready for ICC! You're hauling ass.
          Wont make it this year unfortunately but hopefully I can pick up my new e30 and take that.

1991 318i 4dr slick top

Comment

Originally posted by ThatOneEuroE30 View Post
            Wont make it this year unfortunately but hopefully I can pick up my new e30 and take that.
            Bummer, hopefully that then. By next years show it'll be killer then, maybe I can make it up there for it too. Best of luck with all of it, great thus far.

SamHurly on flickr

Comment

Today we managed to get the b35 intake manifold on and bolted up as well as getting 90% of the motor wired up. All I have to do is pumb up the cooling system which I'll do tomorrow. I also got my coilovers finished just waiting on Ground Control to send me a replacement taper so the plates sit on the strut nice and flush. Also I sold my e36!!!! Friday I go pick up my new baby a schwarz 89 325is with tons of work done just needs love cosmetically she will get her own build thread haha.

1991 318i 4dr slick top

Comment

Great progress ...

Comment

So I havent got a ton to update on the 320i except I got the fuel lines hooked up, power steering, and wiring done except boring the firewall to get the ecu plug through. and 75% of the cooling system plumbed up I had to do a custom cooling system to get the cooling port at the back of the head plumbed in. I still need to figure out my bottom rad hose its REALLY kinked in like three spots. Besides that I got my front coilovers installed except the control arm on the pass side cause I some how broke a brand new ball joint IDK how. Thats all for the 320i but I went and picked up my new 89 325is its a good car but needs work. I thought i was rust free but i was wrong.... the bun plates on the driver side are shot so i gotta pull the interior and fix that. Other then that it really just needs a brake job and its a good DD, But thats not gonna happen. My dad decided that he really likes e30's now after have helping me work on my 320 for the past 8 months So over the winter we will be collecting various parts like H&R and bilstiens Some new wheels thinking CCW's and other parts to get this thing running and handling awesome Then this spring its gonna get a new paint job and interior and we will both have Awesome E30's pretty kick ass I think. I've been working on the new car making sure its getting to the point I can dd it. I need to go pick up another set of jacks as mine are currently occupied. I sealed up the trunk and fixed the light issues also put in the new steering wheels and gauge cluster. I got a blower motor on order and when I get paid friday I'll get a head unit in it and wire up the speakers I need to get the back deck lid recovered to. I was gonna strip the bumpers and repaint them and bondo and paint the tail panel today but theres been a chance of rain and its really hot and heat and bondo dont mix well when your applying it especially evercoat gold feather series. She will get her own build thread but not for a couple month probably.

quick shot of the motor where Ive been working

NEW CAR!!

New cluster pretty cool i think

Mtech wheel

Bav auto brake rotors go them with the car aswell as a slew of other parts

slew of parts Including a mtech wheel that needs restored if you want it let me now 20+shipping

Hartge spoiler I got with the car. Although I think it a rep cause i cant see and hartge markings

got TONS of things to do on both cars, this winter and next spring will be crazy...

1991 318i 4dr slick top

Comment

If it is a Hartge wing. The Hartge logo and part number should be under wing on the right side.

Projects Hartge,Alpina & AC Schnitzer Builds.http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=280601
                    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=227993
                    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=289362

DSC04926 by Raul Salinas, on FlickrDSC03413 by Raul Salinas, on Flickr

Comment

glad to see you got it!!!

1991 325i
                      flickr
                      @sambhaskins

Comment

Originally posted by e30m3s54turbo View Post
                        If it is a Hartge wing. The Hartge logo and part number should be under wing on the right side.

either they were filled with bondo or this is a rep 99% sure its a rep but I dont care still gonna rock it haha

Originally posted by smhskns View Post
                        glad to see you got it!!!
                        Thank you I love the thing so much the m20b25 is miles better then the b20 i cant wait to get my m30 rolling. I just love driving the thing haha even tho it looks like poo I dont care. You guys will be in for a treat with these when they are done.

1991 318i 4dr slick top

Comment

This weekend was a good weekend. We got a lot done, Friday night I finished the breaks on the new car. It started to rain on me Wednesday when I did the fronts so Friday I finished them up and then me and my dad went to good ol harbor freight and bought a 20 ton press for $150 bucks HELL YEAH!! So I pressed in my new ball joint installed the control arm also ordered and suspension refresh for the new e30 and in winter I'll get some H&R/Bilstiens. Then I pressed the new hub on my strut housing and installed my front coilovers, SS lines, Brembo rotors, pads, and my front wheels that Should do it for the front suspension for now haha... We also Finished installing the short shifter and shifting arm welded by Tig welder thing is amazing so smooth cant wait to drive it. Also got the cooling system mostly done got the expansion tank brackets made and on and all the hosing done just need to finish installing it. also mapped out where the charcoal canister will sit. We tried installing the drive shaft but it seems like the drive shaft is to long for the car but it cant be... Seems like its putting way to much pressure on the guibo cause its bending and flexing with out the csb being mounted up in place. now pics..

camber plates.

coils installed with brake..

Them wheels... lol

expansion tank brackets

Canister mock up

The press that will be used many times ahha

Also Saturday was Nebraskas biggest car show to bad I couldnt be in it but I still took pics haha.
                          Lsx Willie thing is stupid fast

Poor guy :(

This thing is to cool

Had a good weekend! still doing more tomorrow like trans fluid and finishing wiring cooling system and hopefuly fuel lines then all i will need is a new battery and coolant and she can fire UP!

1991 318i 4dr slick top

Comment

Looking good! Great progress mate, you're working on it like a mad man, you're getting some serious work done.

Comment

Finally got the cooling system done. Also found I need to shorten my drive shaft so I'm just gonna attempt to end the 1 week battle of changing the trams fluid and just drop the car on the ground. When I do that I get the drive shaft shortened go pick up a battery and coolant a get this thing ready to test fire if I put a fire under my ass I'll have it started by Friday. I'll be busy this weekend doing a suspension refresh on the new e30
                              My h&r's and Billy's will be here Tuesday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1991 318i 4dr slick top

Comment

Dude, you're killing it!!
                                Originally posted by LJ851
                                kingston is the play by play announcer for this thread.
                                ‘Tis by the grace of God that my cars run!

Originally posted by unloadedak
                                #teamross
                                Siobhan's Build Thread - UPDATED!

Comment

Working...
                                X