'88 325is M30 street car-->S54 -->S50 -->M54 Enduro Race car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jb325is View Post
    The pedal location is fine, just a good as stock for heal-toe. I wish I would have taken some pictures before I put it back in but I was tired of messing with it. I drilled a countersunk m6 hole right above the lower "slide" for the pedal and an M5 hole on the left side. I chiseled away the sound deadening under the carpet so my spacers would be on the floorboard. I think the spacers were ~5/8" or so
    Ok, good to read because I started thinking that it might be worth taking the sensor out of the E46 pedal and coming up with a provision to mount it on the E30 pedal instead and not have to worry about a awkwardly mounted and positioned pedal.

Comment

Check Us out on Facebook
      Needing a harness adapter or wiring help? Check it out: also have 24v motor mounts, E30 M3 covers and E36 ECU mounts!
      Full Product Line Tuning
      OBD2 Tuning Available! OBD2 E36, S54 Swap, S62 Swap, etc: tuning@MarkertMotorWorks.com Dyno Thread

Comment

i want that power
        sigpic
        The "Because Race Car" M60 V8 Build Thread
        On Instagram Straight Flexin' #BecauseRaceCar

Comment

Wow. That's a considerable jump with a tune! I need some of that in my life haha.

Originally posted by whysimon
          WTF is hello Kitty (I'm 28 with no kids and I don't have cable)

Comment

Wow that is quite the increase. Must be a lot of fun. Certainly more fun than a porch.
            Are Three Vee

Dad Spec

Comment

Huge thanks to Dave, Rob and Tyler at Markert Motorworks. I can count the times I've let other people work on my cars on one hand, and usually I'm not satisfied with the results or the people I have to deal with. This time, however, was awesome all-around and I'm really glad that after 6 months Dave finally talked me into letting him fix (finish) my car. The car really feels complete now, driveability is like stock and it pulls very hard all the way up to 8k. They even gave it a once over and caught a few of my dumb mistakes :)

Originally posted by csermonet47 View Post
              Wow that is quite the increase. Must be a lot of fun. Certainly more fun than a porch.
              It is! More fun than a porch, maybe, but not more fun than a racecar!
              - '88 m54 coupe

<3

Comment

I mean that is a pretty substantial difference. That thing must feel so much better now on the street. Look at that increase in torque from the ~2k to 4k range. Let's get some video man!

Comment

Yeah its amazing, really happy with it now. I messed around with the gopro a little tonight, but couldn't really do any pulls. I live in a really populated area and the car is really really really loud.
                  - '88 m54 coupe

<3

Comment

Dude, what the hell is this?!

Bimmerforums is the preferred online BMW Forum and community for BMW owners. At Bimmerforums, you will find technical how-to information maintenance specifics audio advice wheel and tire combinations and model specific details not found anywhere else. Our professionals are here to help make sure you find the answers you need to your questions and our community is here to help other brainstorm ideas for the future.

Comment

It's not too serious, I don't think I'd actually sell. But if someone came along with a freshly built Spec E30 to trade, I would certainly consider it. After working in motorsports for years now and growing up at the track, I really need to go racing and this car is too modified to break down and build into a race car
                      Last edited by Jb325is; 06-09-2015, 05:09 AM.
                      - '88 m54 coupe

<3

Comment

It's not too serious, I don't think I'd actually sell. But if someone came along with a freshly built Spec E30 to trade, I would certainly consider it. After working in motorsports for years now and growing up at the track, I really need to go racing and this car is too modified to break down and build into a race car
                        Understandable. Now your comment about being more fun than porch, but not a race car makes more sense.

Comment

The car has been on craigslist and FB for like a week. Somewhere in that time I made a comment to someone that I could sell the car, re-build my back porch and build another e30 exactly like mine for what its worth.. So thats where the porch comment came from. I'm not sure I could actually do that though with e30 prices the way they are
                          - '88 m54 coupe

<3

Comment

The car has been on craigslist and FB for like a week. Somewhere in that time I made a comment to someone that I could sell the car, re-build my back porch and build another e30 exactly like mine for what its worth.. So thats where the porch comment came from. I'm not sure I could actually do that though with e30 prices the way they are
                            ha, yea, I figured that was the case because I have similar discussion with my brother.

Comment

Its sad that I want this car so much.
                              _________

Rep Savannah Crew

Comment

Btw, tuned a 100% stock car today. Your exhaust def needs work :(
                                You vs his:

Also ironically: BW race Exhaust car (and highest ive ever dyno tuned) vs yours:

Check Us out on Facebook
                                Needing a harness adapter or wiring help? Check it out: also have 24v motor mounts, E30 M3 covers and E36 ECU mounts!
                                Full Product Line Tuning
                                OBD2 Tuning Available! OBD2 E36, S54 Swap, S62 Swap, etc: tuning@MarkertMotorWorks.com Dyno Thread

Comment

Working...
                                X