Wishno's E30 DD project thread V.2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wishno's E30 DD project thread V.2

Starting a new thread for my next round of modifications and updates to my 87 325i sedan. I sold my M3 so my sedan needs to take up the responsibility of being my year-round daily once again. I also intend to start participating in auto-x as well as other motor sporting events so the car will be going in a couple different directions at once.

Upcoming work I have planned:

Full 24V air conditioning retrofit. (most parts already acquired, PF condenser and 16in 3000CFM A/C fan already installed)

S54 OFH and oil cooler. (have everything waiting sans Vac AN10 adapter and Vac banjo bolt)

Fairly comprehensive array of gauges including voltmeter from jaywood and Podi ventgauge

Wheels and tires appropriate for "sporting". Konig wideopens already bought and wrapping them in 225/45

Replace 80 amp alt with rebuilt 140 amp unit

Replacing my ebay SRD replicas with Corbeau TRS.(Bought and installed)

Installing my IS skirts I have had sitting around for a few months

Install my ArcAsylum rear sump kit I have had sitting around for years (when I find the motivation to pull out a perfectly good running motor)

On to some pickers for the clickers.

That is all for now. Good to be back in action.
    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

welcome back! I love 4doors.

Comment

One of my favorite early model on R3v.
      Bought parts from me before? leave your feedback here

Comment

In to see a/c progress. What's this PF condenser you mention?

Also curious to see your oil cooler go in. I have literally everything ready to go (S54 ofh route), but when I put a temp gauge in I saw that I'm not really surpassing 180F very much so I wonder how necessary it is. Granted this is in non-track, no-a/c conditions.

Comment

Originally posted by butters View Post
          In to see a/c progress. What's this PF condenser you mention?

Also curious to see your oil cooler go in. I have literally everything ready to go (S54 ofh route), but when I put a temp gauge in I saw that I'm not really surpassing 180F very much so I wonder how necessary it is. Granted this is in non-track, no-a/c conditions.
          Its the one designed for r134.

I agree I don't think I actually need the oil cooler in order to keep my motor from eating itself but the way I see it if I'm going to be increasing my demands on the car this much I may as well get as much cooling capacity as I can. It has an internal thermostat so I can't really hurt anything. Also most of this work I'm doing is simply because I like modding my E30.

My order from VAC came in today.
          Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

LAST OF US!!!!!!

Beautiful car btw, those side skirts are going to be sex with the euro set up.

Comment

sub'd! nice project

Comment

Thanks guys!

OMFG YES!

Comment

Nice! Looking forward to the progress!

Comment

Got my temp sender adapter from Steiger performance today. Thanks to Matthugie for helping me find the right one!

Comment

One of my favorite 4 doors <3

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
                      Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

updates!?

Please leave feedback below, thanks

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=358170

Comment

Can't believe I missed this. Sub'd.
                          '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

What temp are you sensing with the adapter?

Comment

Originally posted by CorvallisBMW View Post
                              What temp are you sensing with the adapter?
                              Coolent going into the radiator.

Got the parts out.

Stuffed it in to check clearance.

Old 80amp alt

Making room to route wires for vent gauge.

Getting things plugged in.

Getting the alt and OFH removed.

Interior coming back together.

Old alt and idler pulley.

Bracket for oil cooler.

Painted it body color.

Thats all the pictures I have for now. It started getting late and I was running out of time to finish it. The oil cooler system has been working great and I have no leaks so far. I have only gotten the oil warm enough for the thermostat to open once or twice as of now but as the weather warms up that should change. The hoses were way too long though and I would like to get some shorter ones when I get a chance.

The vent gauge has been doing nothing for me though. I have yet to buy the wideband and the oil pressure sender is on its way but the coolent temp and air intake temp do nothing. The coolent temp reads way to high all the time (70F when its actually closer to 40F) and once it gets to 225 it just reads "high". The AIT always reads "low" no matter what I do. I ran an extra ground to each sensor and connected it to the same ground as the gauge but still nothing. Cannot say that I am impressed at the moment.

In other news I got some tires on my M-systems so pics of that activity should be coming soon :D

Comment

Working...
                              X