• Show
Clear All

Basic 91 318i build

Click image for larger version

Name:	photo (4).jpg
Views:	2
Size:	118.1 KB
ID:	7238449
    Bought this car for $400 almost 2 years ago and it has sat just like this non running.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	photo (3).jpg
Size:	110.9 KB
ID:	7238450
    About 3 months ago I started actually working on it.

I was getting no fuel so I thought hey I need a fuel pump. So I go a fuel pump from autozone and guess what Im still not getting any fuel.

So I said fuck it and left it where is sat for another month.

I come back and decide to replace all me vac hoses and delete the heater plate and ordered an aftermarket cps and a whole but of other shit and the car runs!!! sort of...

So I say fuck it again and let it sit.Click image for larger version

Name:	photo.jpg
Size:	115.2 KB
ID:	7238451

Come crawling back to the car again and guess what the starters fucked and I need a battery. Fix that but guess what Im not getting any fuel!!!! So im ready to let it sit again, but I decide to check my fuel pressure, and i get a whopping 5 p.s.i. :dot:

Order a TRE fuel pump because autozone or whoever i bought that fuel pump from can suck a dolphins junk.

Fuel pump in and car fires right up!!! I drive around the block one good time and come park it. Get back in the car and try to crank it up but. guess. what... no fuel again.

At this point someones chihuahua is in serious danger of being punted. At this point the fuel pump comes back out to find it covered in rust,and the rubber hose that goes from the fuel pump to the assembly has torn apart. (TRE fuel pump hoses suck,but their fuel pumps are pretty awesome)

So being the cheap bastard I am I deside to clean the tank rather that buy a new one. I drop the tank, well the half full fuel tank drops and smacks me in the head while pouring gallons of fuel right on my crotchy area.

Not wanting to have any roasted weiners today I desided no smoking for the remainer of the day and flushed the fuel tank out with a water hose and got alot of rust out. I decieded to acid etch the tank with phosphoric acid then planned on sealing the tank with a product called red kote. So I filled the tank up with and acid water solution and left it to sit overnight, and I would buy the fuel tank sealer in the morning.

Next day some and guess what no fuel.... tank sealer. store is out will not be getting anymore in. Yeah. Fuck it i will do without, Go drain the tank and manage to pour acid all over my foot. (foot is fine shoe is ruined) flush with water again drain and repeat. Final flush with acetone to help evaporate any remaining water and then guess fucking what the inside of the entire freaking fuel tank has a layer of surface rust!!!!!!!:hitler::hitler::hitler:

As you can imagine i was ready to let it sit where is was for a couple of months as punishment for being a rusty little bitch, but I carried on. Refited the fuel pump to the assembly tried to put in fuel tank but... it doesnt fit too long for the hole (lol) I end up having to cut about an inch off of the fuel pump assembly hard line to make it fit and then I called it quits for the day.

Moral of this story is cleaning fuel tanks suck and autozone sucks and I my hands look like a lizard shedding its skin and if you ever find out you have a rusty shitty fuel tank do yourself a favor and just buy a new one.

(next post will have more pictures I promise unless I decide to set this car on fire then guess what ill have a video!)

Guess what you're funny. Glw the build
    Looking for late model fogs, E39 Fog lights, cool cheap 17 5x120 wheels.

Comment

Written by a fifth grader with astounding mechanical ability?

Comment

Working...
      X