Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dirt-Nasty $120 528e Sleeper Build

Hi all,

I know this isn't an e30 but it's got an M20 that I'd like to turbo-charge and was hoping to gain some wisdom from the community here at r3vlimited.

I'll post some pics soon, but here are some details:

-1987 528e, bronzit beige, auto-tragic-magic box, 86k, 95% rust free
    -Bought the car for $400 and it came with about $280 of choice parts in the trunk that will soon go on forums/ebay, so I call the relative purchase price $120.
    -everything in the car works (electronics)

I'd love to make this thing the dirt-nasty sleeper BMW that the purchase price and base-model-ness suggests it HAS to become! (and swap to a 5 speed when the parts become available at a can't-pass-up price)

I've built a few cars, mostly transaxle alfa romeo's, e28's and jeeps, but I've never done any forced induction work, so I'm excited to start the foray into that field. I've done fuel injection tuning before, during my time on the Michigan Tech Formula SAE team.

I'll be asking advice on certain part combinations, and while no turbo build is "cheap," I always like discovering the clever, inexpensive, grassroots ways to make things go fast.

More to come!

Build Threads:
    Pamela/Bella/Betty/325ix/5-Lug Seta/S60R/Miata ITB/Miata Turbo/Miata VVT/951/325xi-6

Comment

Working...
    X