I Found One!! Finallllllllly!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I Found One!! Finallllllllly!!

Allow me to introduce you to... Well, I haven't thought of a name for her yet. But I'm workin' on it!!!

1989 325i 5 Speed Coupe

Obviously she needs a lot of work, which is exactly what I was looking for, but this my first E30 I'm excited to get started. It needs an alternator blade and possibly a battery. Interior is pretty rough, but body is perfect. There is a rather large dent in the passenger door, but I'll replace that. Other than that there isn't even a door ding anywhere on the car. No rust, timing belt, water pump, and valve adjustment done about 30k miles ago. 168k original miles, and the odometer still works!!

Anyways, just thought I'd introduce her. I'll keep everyone as up to date as possible on the project!

kewl, good start

e24 e9 e30
    IG: peterkaczynski

Comment

Forgot to mention he also threw in his IX fender flares and sideskirts, Cardinal Red front and rear sports seats (pretty poor condition though, need to be reupholstered), and an MTech spoiler that needs to be sealed then painted with the car. I think it's gonna look pretty friggin good

Comment

Great pick up! I like the badges

Looks like a really good start. What plans do you have for it?

Comment

Originally posted by ST1G View Post
          Great pick up! I like the badges

Looks like a really good start. What plans do you have for it?
          Badges are already off ;)

Getting it running first, making sure there are no major issues, then gathering parts to build the motor and turbo. Plan on valve springs, rocker arms, head studs, thicker head gasket to lower compression, and a turbo cam. Have the block soaked and cleaned, then head resurfaced, valve seals, pull the motor and build it. Then the obvious exhaust, interior, paint, suspension, wheels and tires.

It will probably take a little while, hundred of obscenities, and thousands of beers, but the anticipation is part of the fun, right? Of course, I'll be on here all the time for opinions and recommendations on exact parts and things like that. I will need everyone who is willing to help, this is my first BMW and ultimately my first project car, but I was a mechanic for years and I am very mechanically inclined, just not particularly BMWs or E30s. I have a DD so I am in no hurry, but at the same time, I can't wait to get started

Comment

Another Raleigh'er. Welcome aboard! Come check us out on FB NCE30 and NCE30.com.

Where abouts are you?

COTM

Comment

Originally posted by N2MYE30 View Post
              Another Raleigh'er. Welcome aboard! Come check us out on FB NCE30 and NCE30.com.

Where abouts are you?
              I'm in the NC E30 group on Facebook but I will have to check that out for sure! I am located in Raleigh, and you?

Comment

Originally posted by EDirty325 View Post
                I'm in the NC E30 group on Facebook but I will have to check that out for sure! I am located in Raleigh, and you?
                North raleigh off 540. Ill look out for you on FB. BTW, nice start! :up:

COTM

Comment

Originally posted by N2MYE30 View Post
                  North raleigh off 540. Ill look out for you on FB. BTW, nice start! :up:
                  Thanks man! Already ordering parts left and right haha this could be dangerous ;D

Comment

Working...
                  X