No announcement yet.

1990 325i--Helga

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

so finally i got a custom exhaust installed. got it done in belmont from Todd at Exhaust Works.. he does great work but hes a 1 man shop and really likes to take his time which can get very frutstrating.

straight pipes from the headers to a dual inlet/dual outlet muffler. sounds really mean. may need to get some resonators though to keep the cops off my ass.

Untitled by cgk325i, on Flickr

and heres the original exhaust i picked up from Kronus so i could pass smog.

after the smog and the custom exhaust/headers are put back on, i will take some videos.
    sigpic

Comment

Oh a little off topic from e30's but heres a cool little british sports car restoration me and my friend Mike are going to start up pretty soon.

78 MG midget

and the steam engine sitting in the machine shop waiting for attention:

by cgk325i, on Flickr
      sigpic

Comment

Finally got the car registered and never have to do a smog again! Unless i plan on selling the car which I have no desire to. I had the stock exhaust on for a while to pass the smog test but never ended up doing a smog test, so that was a big waste of time. Noticed that my cutch pedal is squeaking and it's getting harder to depress the pedal, so I think it's time for a new pressure plate. Luckily my friend has a whole clutch kit sitting at his shop so next weekend we will tackle the exhaust and clutch at the same time and maybe install front sway bar reinforcements as well since its going to be in the air already.

More pics to come
        sigpic

Comment

nice thread.. keep it up bro!!!
          [ETA - E30 Adapters] 5 Lug kit with e46m3 front and e46 325/328i rear brake setup
          ---------------------------------------------------------------
          [ETA - E30 Adapters] - 5 Lug kit | DTM Shifter | DSSR
          ---------------------------------------------------------------
          Transaction Feedback

Comment

Originally posted by E30stan View Post
            dont loose heart, keep up the great work!

Originally posted by ngampleh View Post
            nice thread.. keep it up bro!!!

Thanks guys! It's been a long and rough project but it's getting there!
            sigpic

Comment

These transmission mounts have seen better days...

Stock exhaust vs Custom exhaust

smashed up pivot pin

Didn't have time to clean up all the grease off the transmission, but will get back to that since i still have to change a couple of leaky seals, and flush the old fluid. For now she's back on the road and feels great. New pressure plate made a big difference, its a lot smoother and easier to depress the clutch pedal, where as before, the pedal felt like as if i had a racing clutch. The condor mounts stiffened up the chassis a lot and the exhaust really lets this thing run how it should. Planning on getting an x-pipe installed as well as a couple of resonators to hopefully quiet it down a bit. Now that the mechanical issues are sorted out, its time to start making her 'look' good.
              sigpic

Comment

Clean exhaust, nice work. Like the M20ness

Comment

Working...
                X