No announcement yet.

1987 325is Zinno Restoration - Mark II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Took some time off for the holiday and did a few things, moved the e30 into the garage and immediately noticed a trail of fluid dripping.

At first I thought it was a leak from the gas tank but with a quick looking under the car, saw it was dripping from the back of the motor, then looked up on top to find the gas squirting out of the fuel supply line to the fuel rail.

This excessive heat wave possibly expanded the supply line. I tightened up the hose clamp to stop the leak. I’m glad it let loose in the driveway not while driving.

Will definitely be looking to replace that line and clamp, don’t want that to fail again and will be adding a fire extinguisher to keep with me at all times, just in case.

Once that hiccup was secured, I pulled a few items from my collection of parts...a new OEM rear license plate filler and a BMW Classic License plate frame. Can’t wait to get these installed.

Working on getting the US Plate holes to match how the two original holes were made for the euro plates. Ordered a few hole saws bits to drill the proper size for the plug nuts for mounting.

Also installed the correct rear speaker shelf. A long time ago I swapped it out for a later model shelf, but fell better now having the period correct shelf and tail light back in there.

And last found my original trunk lining back panel and got that reinstalled with new mounting plugs

RICHTER MOTOREN

1987 e30 325is Zinno - Restoring
    2004 e46 325xi Alpine - Daily
    2003 e46 330ci Topaz - Sold
    1988 e30 325is Zinno - RIP
    2007 Honda Ody - Family Truckster

'87 325is Restoration Build

Comment

Just read through this thread! Great inspiration and awesome OEM restoration job!

Comment

Originally posted by ATL_E30 View Post
        Just read through this thread! Great inspiration and awesome OEM restoration job!
        Originally posted by TheWipprSnappr View Post
        I cant imagine putting all that work in, just to have it erased in the blink of an eye. Major props for bouncing back and doing it all again. Excellent work, she is a beauty!
        Thanks for the compliments!

RICHTER MOTOREN

Comment

Got the filler plate mounted, looks pretty sweet!

I love this car!

and I love how much my kids love this car too!

Unfortunately, have to wait until the they get big enough for boaster seats to be able to ride along… there are no top tether latches for the carseats and very unsafe to ride without those tethers attached.

For now, they help me move it around in the driveway

Last edited by Richter; 07-12-2018, 03:59 AM.

RICHTER MOTOREN

Comment

Something special about a stock early model! Looks awesome, nice work

1987 325 | @e30_hunter |

Comment

Looks fantastic! I own an early model 325is and I am a huge fan of the stock bumpers and front valance.

Comment

I’m getting excited for the weather to break soon and bringing things back to life!

A few shots I took last year before storage

My first project this driving season is going back old school, vintage, retro - installing the original cassette radio, Can’t wait!

Although the more modern Alpine I currently have installed is a great upgrade and colors match really nice at night, there’s nothing sweeter, in my opinion, than the e30 it’s true original form

I decided to bench test my cm5907 to make sure is working and would be worth the effort to spend the time installing

It was so cool seeing it come alive - display, and buttons work and even the cassette player seems like its ready to rock!

I like what cantalouperadio.com is offering with the Bluetooth Cassette Deck swap, but for now i think I’ll dig in attic and look for old cassette tapes and play them for a little while longer

RICHTER MOTOREN

Comment

CM5907 Radio/Cassette Project Complete!

The radio harness was alittle cut up but after hours of looking at the audio layouts i was able to get it all connected, fader switch and all!

This diagram was the biggest help for figuring it all out

Luckily the aftermarket stereo system was installed on top of the original wiring with butt connectors, so it was pretty easy to pull out and put all the original speakers back in

For Those About to Rock We Salute You - oh the sweet sound of cassette tapes, kicked it off will a little AC/DC video clip

I took out the keyless entry system, It's a nice mod to have but I want to really hold onto the complete 80’s feel and just use the key to unlock the car

A quick peek at what’s soon to come!

Have to mow a few more lawns and newspaper routes to complete to get tires for these Euro beauties!!

Last edited by Richter; 07-08-2019, 06:04 AM.

RICHTER MOTOREN

Comment

I was watching The BMW M3 (E30) film. Everything about the first BMW M3 generation on BMW's youtube

Excited to see the a RICHTER had a hand in developing one of the world's finest!!!!

Last edited by Richter; 07-08-2019, 06:05 AM.

RICHTER MOTOREN

Comment

I’ve been off the grid for a while, Moved into a new house!

So thrilled to finally have a two car garage!

Got her tucked in while we are getting everything situated.

Click image for larger version  Name:	i-W9NjBLb-XL.jpg Views:	0 Size:	68.4 KB ID:	9898179

Found out Euroweaves are now available from Germany! Ordered it from my local BMW dealer, came in about a week

Got it as my spare before they go extinct again.

I’m excited to now have a full set of 5!

Click image for larger version  Name:	i-PjXrmrj-XL.jpg Views:	0 Size:	61.9 KB ID:	9898180

Click image for larger version  Name:	i-wK5GHqb-XL.jpg Views:	0 Size:	63.2 KB ID:	9898181

Click image for larger version  Name:	i-KbdwRT8-XL.jpg Views:	0 Size:	67.8 KB ID:	9898182

Last edited by Richter; 01-12-2020, 08:01 AM.

RICHTER MOTOREN

Comment

Working...
                      X