First Car, 1987 325is Restoration Pic Heavy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First Car, 1987 325is Restoration Pic Heavy

It's about time I started my build thread. So I was in the market for a first car. Ever since I was 14, I made my mind up about what kind of car I wanted. I either wanted a E36 or a E30, and boy am I glad I bought a E30. I wanted to learn how to drive stick, I wanted a coupe, and I wanted a project that I could restore. I found this on craiglist, It was a 1 owner 1987 325is, 5 Speed, Bronzit Beige, All Original (except for radio). I could tell it needed ALOT of work. I bought it for $2700 and began to work on it soon after. I bought it on 8/8/13, the original owner turned 70 that day:)
    Attached Files
    Last edited by E30NJ; 01-18-2015, 12:07 PM.

Photos are on the way. Having some trouble uploading to R3vlimited

Comment

I was so excited! I just bought my first car for $2700, Original owner, all stock (except for the radio) and quite a big list of "things to do to my car".
      Attached Files

Comment

My mom drove the car back (she knows how to drive stick and I couldn't at the time..
        Attached Files

Comment

Idle was a bit high and I did all the tune up stuff like air filter, oil change, and a good genuine cleaning.
          Attached Files

Comment

All stock, timing belt was last done in '06, and I really didn't know much about cars at the time so I was sitting on a ticking time bomb :blowup:
            Attached Files

Comment

Painted the weaves.
              Attached Files

Comment

:)
                Attached Files

Comment

Before and After. Painted with VHT Wheel Paint, it was like $8 for two cans, I think it came out great.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Did the cluster bulbs, the right side was burned out and annoying to drive with. :idea:
                    Attached Files

Comment

Here is the radio the previous owner had installed by the dealer. I want to say its E36-era, but they did a REALLY good job of installing it and it has a 6-CD changer in the glovebox!!
                      Attached Files

Comment

This bulb was burned out too.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Bright!
                          Attached Files

Comment

This bulb was burned out too and the socket was mad rusty.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Rust. It was a coastal Connecticut car so it has its fair share of rust.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X