Bayside Blue E30

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bayside Blue E30

Hey guys, my name is Chris, I'm from Romania and I recently bought a 1986 325 e30. It has the 2.5 12V, I'm guessing m20b25. It is the coupe version.Engine runs ok, the car pulls pretty much ok for a 12V, at least for me it's enough, runs about 200 bhp from what I've been by the previous owner. Body related is pretty banged up, as it has a lot of rust, but it's manageable. Car is in the body shop right now, getting rid of al that rust :D. The plan for it is a total restoration, trying to bring it back to it's days of shine. I'll start the work on it in April, as I'm not in the country until then, I'm working abroad as a seaman, but I was thinking I might share something starting now. My budget for this year is 10k dollars, I'm not sure if it's enough to finish it as I want it. So here's a list of what it's planned after the body shop.

- Paint - as the title says, the colour I chose is bayside blue from the Nissan Skyline r34
    - Suspension kit - D2 RS from D2 racing
    - Bushings - everyhing in this chapter replaced with new stuff, OEM or some aftermarket parts, everything from struts, sway, contrrol arms, bushings, etc
    - Interior - It has the recaro non leather interior, it will get a reupholstered, with leather or suede, or the original material, I don't know that yet, still looking on the internet for inspiration
    - Sound system - I'm aiming for 2-3 15" subwoofers in the trunk, some amps, and some speakers inside, probably from Alpine or JL Audio
    - Body kit - M-Tech 1
    - Engine - leave it as it is for this year, maybe a turbo in 2016, or a swap.

So here are some pictures with the car, before and after I dismantled it for the bodyshop.

As you can see, there is a lot of work to ressurect this baby to it's prime, but in time it will rise up.
Working...
X