1988 325i Vert Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TimeMachinE30 View Post
    Free cars are cool. Take care of it..flipping it? New daily? Beach car?
    Daily :p its my first and only car

Comment

Hey its me from SoCal e30. If you ever want to kick it or ask q's im here. I have a '88 vert as well. Bought it last February & look where it is now. Everything works.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by E30335i View Post

Hey its me from SoCal e30. If you ever want to kick it or ask q's im here. I have a '88 vert as well. Bought it last February & look where it is now. Everything works.

Thanks, will definitely keep you as a contact since we have the exact same car haha. I'm in Perris, where are you located?

Comment

Updates for today (sorry no pictures)

Took apart my cluster and fixed the gas and temperature gauge, tightened a nut and they're working pretty well. Soon going to get a pro to restore it for me though.

Also, hand brake light would not turn on when i pulled on handbrake. Did a lot of searching online and couldn't find anything. So i took off the center console and fixed the little contraption that makes the light come on, the wire had came out so i popped it back in, screwed it down and its working flawlessly now.

Another thing i fixed was the hose coming from the engine into the iddle control valve, got a new one. Only like 12 bucks. I have a new intake boot coming in, should fix my delayed throttle and bad idling.

Found out something unexpected, when i took off the center console.... there was tan carpet under my black carpet.. i guess a previous owner did a color change. Not bad, i prefer the black.

I put in fresh fuses into every slot.. i blew #21 3 times, so i believe i have a short there. Must be some bad wiring in the aftermarket stereo, or the alarm. Not sure if i should check the wiring or just put in a higher fuse. Maybe a 20 replacing the 7.5... any opinions on that??

That's pretty much it for now, any input is greatly appreciated.

Comment

1988 325i Vert Build

Do not put a higher fuse. Talk to BavRest and ask him questions concerning your issues. I had my cluster rebuilt with mods and don't have problems except for lazy gas gauge, I'm sure it's the leveler in the tank. He can tell you if it's the cluster related or something else. Even though this is throwing things in the air it's good to have guidance so your not doing something that you don't know the outcome of.

Comment

25, 26, and 30 are not used but mine had fuses in it... how can i find out what size i need? im guessing they were used for amp, stereo, or viper alarm.

Comment

Do not put a higher fuse. Talk to BavRest and ask him questions concerning your issues. I had my cluster rebuilt with mods and don't have problems except for lazy gas gauge, I'm sure it's the leveler in the tank. He can tell you if it's the cluster related or something else. Even though this is throwing things in the air it's good to have guidance so your not doing something that you don't know the outcome of.
                i will contact him Asap. Thanks!

Comment

They were prolly extras if there is no connection there

Comment

They were prolly extras if there is no connection there

where can i contact the guy?

Comment

BavRest.com Gregs////M

Comment

I have to do that same thing to my fuel gauge. Taking apart tiny screws and plastic in hard to reach spots always looks fun

Comment

Originally posted by itsjustkevin View Post
                          I have to do that same thing to my fuel gauge. Taking apart tiny screws and plastic in hard to reach spots always looks fun
                          Definitely. I believe I have a short somewhere in my radio wires. Going to have to take everything apart and check all the wires

Comment

Are you going to add a 3rd pedal?

Comment

Originally posted by E30NJ View Post
                              Are you going to add a 3rd pedal?

Definitely! But first I want to get the engine and suspension freshened up. Should be adding a 3rd pedal by the end of this year, still in high school so I don't have time for a job. But that's gonna change in June!

Comment

New intake boot came in today, hopefully it helps with my idle issue. For some reason when i give it gas it lags and when i let go of gas, it starts idling like crap and dies. I'm getting a funky smell from exhaust, I'm going to put some more injector cleaner and see if it helps.

Comment

Working...
                                X