No announcement yet.

Bronzit E30 - OBDII S52 shaved bay - weekend/autox toy - Journey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

and it looks damn good! I spent all weekend sprucing up my neighbors garage to do my swap in. Looking forward to garage inspo
    1984 Delphin 318i 2 door

Comment

Car's looking great!

I'll be interested to hear your comments about the 25mm master. That's what I have in Lola and heel toeing is a breeze.
      Originally posted by kronus
      would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post
        Bronzits are not supposed to look this good
        Didn't you hear? Bronzits are cool now
        Originally posted by wworm View Post
        and it looks damn good! I spent all weekend sprucing up my neighbors garage to do my swap in. Looking forward to garage inspo
        Thanks! I love garage improvements as much as I love car improvements. These garage upgrades are hug. Looking forward to posting some pictures once it's a little cleaner.
        Originally posted by agent View Post
        Car's looking great!

I'll be interested to hear your comments about the 25mm master. That's what I have in Lola and heel toeing is a breeze.
        Thanks! I think the 25mm MC will be just right. When you heel toe, do you actually use your heel and toe, or do you roll your foot off the brake, onto the gas pedal?
        '89 325i OBD2 S52 BUILD THREAD
        Shadetree30

Comment

I roll my foot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

Damn ignition cylinder randomly broke one day as I was trying to leave work. Of course that was the day I couldn't get parking near the shop and had to walk around the block a dozen times grabbing tools... wound up popping the ignition switch off the ignition housing and starting the car with a screwdriver until the weekend when I had time to pull it all apart and identify the issue.

Turns out the ignition cylinder broke a little cast aluminum tab that pops a pin in/out the bottom which is what engages the ignition housing -> ignition switch to put the car in "run" and bump the starter. So I had to get a new ignition cylinder. I didn't want to hand over a kidney for a vin coded one so I just got a replacement with a new key for $50. Not bad, though now I join the club of E30 owners with different keys for the door locks and ignition

Caught the end of the motor4toys woodland hills car show. Maybe I missed the cool cars but I was fairly underwhelmed. These two were my favorites.

Kinda hard to see, but these rear tires were STEAM ROLLERS

And for the garage updates, let there be light and shelves! My roomate and I got a bunch of these LED panels from work. They are converting some of the original showroom to a studio and pulled out like 30-40 of them. One on its own is not crazy bright, but it gives off some very nice white diffused light. When you put a bunch of them up in a small space, the combined output is fantastic. It's like daylight in the garage now. There are 6 over the main bay, 2 over the workbench area and 1 directly over the main bench. Because we have so many of them, and because of the way they diffuse light, theres hardly any shadows which is really cool and awesome for doing work. Also can't beat the ~.45 amps each panel draws.

For the shelves, my roomate designed some brackets which he cut out on the water jet at work. He then welded some tabs onto them to hold the shelves and make the "L" to bolt to the wall. The design allows for 2 shelves, a large one on top, smaller on the bottom, and also has loop at the end of each shelf so we can hang things, or run a bar across to hang lots of things. They came out great and have proven to be very functional. We still need to make a bunch more to shelve the other side of the garage.

In the midst of hanging the panels

"Finished"

It's coming along very nicely so far though we still have a bit of clutter to organize. We plan to push the right side bench all the way to the wall and build a proper welding table at the end. The room to the right is a bathroom (toilet and sink) which is absolutely awesome. One of my favorite features of the property. I constantly forget it's there and frequently find myself holding it in like I used to do since the bathroom used to be a bit if a hike from the garage at my old place :p We also shelved the shit out of that room (pun intended) and have most of the fluids (oils, coolants etc.), consumables, spray paints, detailing supplies etc. in there.

I still have to bring some last remaining items from my old place, mainly the bolt bins, cabinet, T5HO fluorescent lights, and some other odds and ends... like the e36 convertible and all its parts I'll probably borrow a trailer from work and pull it over along with everything else and finish it in the new place.

We're also debating how to light up the area of the garage that's covered when the garage door comes up. We want to have that area lighted whether it's up or down. Initial thoughts were to cantilever 2 more LED panels under the garage door area so the door is free to move up and down and the light stays in place. I have another idea though, which may be a bit more work, but more of a cool factor... hang another 3 panels to the ceiling in the garage door space like we did in the rest of the garage so when the door is closed the whole garage is lighted. Then, mount 2 LED panels to the bottom inside panel of the garage door itself, so when the door is open those panels will light the area. The real trick will be figuring out how to switch power between them so both lights aren't on all the time. For that, the simple solution is a switch to flip between them. A more "cool" solution I thought of is to put some sort of contact switch so when the door is up, it hits the switch and flips power to the door panel, and when it goes down it flips power back to the ceiling panels.
            Shadetree30

Comment

That's a nice garage! Those LED panels make your car look almost white, you must have done a good polish on that thing!
              Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

oh man lookin real nice there man
                1984 Delphin 318i 2 door

Comment

Flares look sweet :)

T U R B O - M 2 0 - B U I L D

M U S C C O O

Comment

Those matching flares look sweet. I wish my garage was the clean also
                    89' 325ix Diamantschwarz/Black rattle can...

Insta: r_moose_w

Originally posted by flyboyx
                    I imagine her smelling like spoiled milk and having a half inch crust of doodoo circumnavigating her butthole.

Comment

Setup up some nice white backdrops to cover the tools and everything else and you have yourself a nice studio to shoot the E30 in haha. Car looks amazing under those lights. Your build never disapoints.

Comment

Great idea to put lights on the garage door itself. You may like having them on when the door is closed - mimics sunlight when the door is open?

Given that the lights do not draw much juice, or generate much heat, what is the harm is having on the blocked overhead lights on when the door is open? Other than not being cool, of course!

Comment

Sweet build

Comment

Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post
                            That's a nice garage! Those LED panels make your car look almost white, you must have done a good polish on that thing!
                            Thanks, but nahh.. that's just the LED panels making the car look really good... now I understand why photographers use similar type of white diffused light doing photo shoots of cars
                            Originally posted by wworm View Post
                            oh man lookin real nice there man
                            Originally posted by potatomash View Post
                            Flares look sweet :)
                            Thanks guys
                            Originally posted by Brian697 View Post
                            Great idea to put lights on the garage door itself. You may like having them on when the door is closed - mimics sunlight when the door is open?

Given that the lights do not draw much juice, or generate much heat, what is the harm is having on the blocked overhead lights on when the door is open? Other than not being cool, of course!
                            You have a good point there. I didn't really consider that option. Either way it'll be a little while until I get to this since there's loads of light in there already. But more is better of course! I'll probably just start with putting the lights in the ceiling since its getting a little chilly at night.
                            Originally posted by Echo30V View Post
                            Sweet build
                            Thanks!
                            Shadetree30

Comment

Degreased the bottom of the car. My catch can overflowed at the last track day and glazed the bottom of the car with oil. I really hate working under the car once it's gotten a coating of dirt/oil so it must be cleaned! Forgot how much i disliked this chore...

Here's another project I've been cheating on the E30 with. I wanted a medicine cabinet for my bathroom (it doesn't have much storage space) and I was irritated by the price/quality options available in stores so I decided to take a stab at woodworking and make my own. I couldn't stomach paying $100++ for something made out of mdf/cardboard/laminate. Materials for this probably cost around $80 and it's all nice oak, now stained dark. Yes there's a dent in the face. I dropped a pipe on it

Garage/shop updates: we got a shop truck! It's not bad for being free. One of my coworkers mom had this truck in her backyard. It was her/their old landscaping truck and needs some minor work. My roomate and I are stoked. Right off the bat we knew it needed a headgasket and he started pulling it apart last night and already found a bad ECU ground which may have been the two issues causing the no start.

The interior is absolutely filthy. We may just toss the carpet and drive it without one. Also got a bunch of parts to put air bags on it got the bags, valves, pump and controller, just need a tank now.

Clear HG failure between 3 and 4. We will probably also do some additional routine maintenance.

Here's another badass piece of equipment my roomate brought. I've always dreamed of an air compressor like this in my garage (it will actually stay outside). 80 gallon tank and 26psi continuous at 90psi. I think we've got our air supply sorted out for pretty much anything we will need. Only issue is the garage doesn't have 220v, though I think we already have a solution for that to pull off the kitchen subpanel :)

See the big garbage bins next to it for scale. It's a good 6 feet tall.

And some more minor E30 related material. Painted the x-brace. I left it raw ever since I modified and installed it and since it needed to be degreased, I figured why not spray bomb it. I also keep forgetting that I have a big sand blasting cabinet at work. Could've used that. And stuff is always getting painted around here. I could probably sneak random parts into the spray booth to get primed, painted and clear coated, as long as I don't car which color :p

Shadetree30

Comment

Lolol casual work truck on bags. Everything’s a project!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                1984 Delphin 318i 2 door

Comment

Working...
                                X