Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Slammin's triangle....No spark plugs allowed x2...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hate The M21. looks like you got a Nicely maintained one. I had a 524 in the shop for awhile and the thing was slower then a Non-Turbo W123. Even after a rebuilt injection Pump. And no matter how I timed it it was slow as balls. The same customer had a 528e that was faster and more fuel efficient.
    1985 325e M50TU(Sold)
    1991 318is Slicktop (Sold)
    1990 325is Brilliantrot S50/5 Lug Swapped.
    1992 525i Manual shitbox Winter Beater

Comment

Toolkit

All the crap that goes on the car

Dat exhaust waffleswaffleswaffles. It'll be going away.

Have more vids once they're processed. Many shenanigans took place. Car is now safely tucked away on the lift at my parents. Supposed to be rainy later this week.

I love this thing lol. It's so fantastic in every way possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      1974.5 Jensen Healey : 2003 330i/5

Comment

One day I will own a m21 powered car.

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
        1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
        Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
        Mtech 2 turbo restoration
        Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

Put the car up on the lift last night. It's niiiiice. Some oily stuff on the driver's side...probably PS hoses. AC compressor is there and hoses are hooked up....will have to see if it works this weekend.

IS valence has been repaired....but the bracket for it on the front of the car is perfect. I know they're sorta rare since usually they're all broken to bits. IS valence won't work with Euro bumps....so all that will get stuffed in storage for the time being. I may just slam the US bumps on as well so I can drive it. Not difficult to remove later.

Has stacks of receipts from the dealer for parts. Brandy new BMW WP in the box. Door seals and body gaskets.

Trans is loud when the clutch pedal is out and box is in neutral. PO had issues with that on the previous trans he installed. I'm thinking maybe it's just a fluid issue. Def is more rattly than the typical "Getrag rattle".

Exhaust is stock until that tip. It's just a giant piece of pipe that was notched and folded down and welded to the OE pipe, lol.

If you look in the pic of the exhaust, you can see a sensor hanging down. Is there supposed to be two in the BH? Thing starts and runs fine...usually on the first revolution after letting it glow. Tach works too.

Also donno really where to start with the paintwork. Some pointers on that would be great. He sanded some down....but there is still a lot to be done before clear hits it. Mostly just looking for a method of this grit...then this grit....then this wet sanded....etc. Took a body class years ago but never applied it. Most of the work is done here as far as laying paint. Just need to work on some orange peel and runs....runs mostly being in the trunk lid.

Comment

Here's the FS ad from the donor car.....I ended up parting the shell. Still have several body panels and stuff from it, lol. Figure get everything in the cars history on one place.

Ok so I have to many projects and one has to go.

The car is running great. In the last month I have replaced the timing belt
            water pump
            glow plugs
            injector bypass fuel lines
            fuel filter
            Fuel tank was also out of the car and checked/cleaned
            New Battery
            Replaced blower motor

From what I can tell the car needs the typical suspension and bushing work but still handles like a BMW. The PO told me that the engine was replaced by BMW 6 or 7 years ago. When I had the valve cover off the valve train corroborated the story.... clean!

The injector pump is leak free and never been tampered with. The turbo has absolutely no shaft play at all.

The car has E38 chrome style 5s. The tires are a little over 50%. The doors shut like a new car. Crack Free DASH!

There are the typical issues that are associated with the e28 like;
            *A/C is dead
            *tail lights connections could use some tlc
            *I think the radio amp is gone, radio and antennae work but not the speakers ( I will be working on fixing this prior to sale)
            *Windows are slow
            *Drivers side front seat back leans a little on the right side.
            *odo gears broken

Other issue is that this car has a salvage title. I don't know why. There is no accident, theft, flood, or vandalism report on this car. It was issued the salvage title in 1996 with 36k on the clock. The car has been resprayed but there is no evidence anywhere on this car that there has been any damage.

$4000 obo

Also I'm being told Zinno was originally a single stage paint.....so I may be out of the woods and can just put shit together.

Comment

oooo you know I like me some diesel.

NEW ERA AUTO GLASS - SFV SOCAL - 818 974-3673
              DREWLIENTE

1$ PShops PM me

Comment

Do me a favor and give me the crank....you don't need it if its on a lift.
                sigpic

Rebellion Forge Custom Fabrication

1988 325is - TrackRat in progress

Instagram @rebellionforge

Comment

Originally posted by E30_Pare View Post
                  oooo you know I like me some diesel.
                  <3 <3

Originally posted by IronFreak View Post
                  Do me a favor and give me the crank....you don't need it if its on a lift.
                  I'll get working on that.

Now that I know it had a shitty paint job where someone added clear coat....and Zinno is single stage....I can get moving on this thing a lot quicker.

Will sport the normal IS trimmings for now...w/US bumps...but plan will be to Euro it totally. Also I'm on the fence about the blacked out scheme....or make all the normal bits chrome, grilles, gutter trim, eventually Euro bumps....really like the look of the E23 grille trim but can't do that with a blacked out car. Also the black kidneys look kinda terrible on this car IMO.

Another note, I've always wanted white wheels on a red car....would clash with black trims....hmmm???

I'm loving this thing.

Anyone want a slicktop e30???.....;D

Comment

Originally posted by slammin.e28 View Post
                    <3 <3

I'll get working on that.

Now that I know it had a shitty paint job where someone added clear coat....and Zinno is single stage....I can get moving on this thing a lot quicker.

Will sport the normal IS trimmings for now...w/US bumps...but plan will be to Euro it totally. Also I'm on the fence about the blacked out scheme....or make all the normal bits chrome, grilles, gutter trim, eventually Euro bumps....really like the look of the E23 grille trim but can't do that with a blacked out car. Also the black kidneys look kinda terrible on this car IMO.

Another note, I've always wanted white wheels on a red car....would clash with black trims....hmmm???

I'm loving this thing.

Anyone want a slicktop e30???.....;D
                    Does it come with a m21 crank?
                    sigpic

Comment

Does it come with a m21 crank?
                      Even better....and entire M60/6 swap inside.

But really....I'm gonna work on that e30 this weekend. I need to figure out of I want to keep it or not.

Comment

There is nothing good about an M60.
                        sigpic

Comment

Yeah....IMO the diesel car is so much cooler than an M60 e30.

....but that slicktop....fits my theme with the other vehicles.

Comment

More shenanigans.

Comment

Cummins swap.
                              sigpic

Comment

Cummins swap.
                                It will be getting a 12mm rotorhead from a Cummins at some point.

...but first....intercooler, boost gauge, and EGT gauge.

Comment

Working...
                                X