Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

76' 2002 Suicide machine

-The story-

This all started about two and a half years ago. Being 15 I wanted to know exactly what I wanted as a first car. I went through the whole Honda phase and Mustang phase (don't shoot me yet) and decided I wanted a Ford Ranger. After looking at a few a dear family friend and BMW CCA member was over one night for dinner and saw me browsing Craigslist for cars. He told me to check out "E30's". I thought what in the hell are you talking about dude. Shortly after smacking a few keys on my laptop I saw a Bronzit coupe pop up. I fell in love with the weird 80's look to it and the European styling rather quick. I began researching everything E30. Motor swaps, suspension work, big brake kits, general known problems and weak points, paint codes. Everything one could imagine. After about a six month search and a dozen phone calls later from sellers on Craigslist I was pretty burnt out. Not being a member of R3V at the time probably didn't help my search for the perfect first car but... Meh. One night after lazily browsing the C-List out of desperate times I stumbled across this even weirder, boxy BMW with front end damage. I sent the link to the Ad to the family friend and he responded that he had one and he was willing to part with it. Being a stuck up 15 year old I said "Ain't no E30!". Little did I know it was something indefinitely more than an E30. What I had sent was an advert to a 1975 2002 in Fjord blue, and the email I got back was a picture of this ratty looking 76' 02 in Fjord blue. After some speaking with family and him I found myself in my dad's truck with a trailer behind us, and this odd little BMW on it. Getting home and watching my dad back it off the trailer was something i'll never forget. Hearing a rather sad sounding inline four sputter to life and watching my dad go flat out down the block, coming back with a huge grin on his face. I still have a feeling he wants it more than I do.. The car mostly sat for the next three or four months. Uninsured with no tabs because I had no license.. Feeling bad for it, I began working on it.
    -1976 2002 daily (Sold)
    -1986 528e 5 speed daily

First day home with my dad returning the trailer lead to some shitty iPhone photos. Always dug the cable tie for the front license plate holder! Who could forget putting a BMW CCA grille badge on the front too. Despite not being an official member..

-Will update with detailed pictures when I get home-
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Nesset; 04-09-2015, 01:33 PM.
    -1976 2002 daily (Sold)
    -1986 528e 5 speed daily

Comment

Cool story...but this is two years ago, whats happened since...your story has a beginning but no middle or an end

29 Model A // 55 GMC 100 // 66 C10 // 72 BMW 2002 2.7 M20 Turbo // 75 CB500T Custom // 04 BMW M3 // 13 BMW 328i Sport

72 BMW 2002 2.7 M20 Turbo Build Thread // INSTAGRAM
      Gewerkschaft der Polizei Sticker/Clings For Sale $8

Comment

Working...
      X