Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Noobie's 2002, 1975 restoration project

Hi there folks,
    This Danish dude enjoys following these threads from over here in Denmark.
    Bought this BMW 2002, 1975 model back i '92 as the third owner.
    Drove it for 6 years with intense pleasure.
    Got hold of a modified engine with 150 BHP (double Weber 45, increased intake, 300 camshaft, banana exhust manifold) which just increased the fun:devil:.
    Have not driven it since '98.
    Engine has been cranked (not started) some 4 times a year since then.
    Now determined to get the old girl back on the road.
    Tried to start the engine yesterday.
    2 mins and the devil fired up - how amazing is that!! (link to sound recording via dropbox here 'BMW starter': www.dropbox.com/s/wht3266i2kcalzf/BMW%20starter%21.m4a?dl=0
    Link to pictures of the car in current condition: https://picasaweb.google.com/1125078...eat=directlink
    Bound to run into need for help, so counting on you guys!:D

Originally posted by TENIUS View Post
    Drove it for 6 years with intense pleasure.

You will fit in well here. Nice to meet you and keep posting. We love 2002s.
    world renown Harry Potter expert
    sigpic

Comment

Welcome! I have a 76. Another site , which is specific for the 02, is full of tech info. BUT, always search the site (Google selection) before you ask question. Seasoned 02 vets.

2002faq.com
      Last edited by FL318is; 06-14-2015, 11:23 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by FL318is View Post
        Welcome! I have a 76. Another site , which is specific for the 02, is full of tech info. BUT, always search the site (Google selection) before you ask question. Seasoned 02 vets.

2002faq.com
        +1 on all of the above. 2002faq is the place to find info.

75 was the best year!!!! :)

Comment

The old m10 is a strong little motor! It's stood the test of time right there!

Good to hear your putting it back!
          TURB'02

INSTAGRAM

Comment

Great - many thanks for your support guys!

Comment

Update: getting started

So, finally got going - carport transformed into interim 'shop' - plan to dissemble over the next couple of weeks to get ready for blasting and welding - pics as we go along available via this link to a DropBox folder (https://www.dropbox.com/sh/uy8t2bd7m...mLB72tuaa?dl=0) Wish me luck!:)

Comment

Project status day 3

So including 'setting up shop' in the carport, this is where we're at after 3 days: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/uy8t2bd7m...mLB72tuaa?dl=0, which I'm happy with considering this is my first...
                Anyone feels like commenting on anything, then it should be possible to add comments to any given picture via the link. Will need to change floors and maybe the front but still hoping beams and heavier stuff will prove to be ok (heavily treated before storage). Hoping to take out engine etc. as the next step one of these days. Plan on dry-ice blasting once ready (any experience I might benefit from hearing about anybody?). Till' next post!

Comment

Working...
                X