Random E30 Craigslist Bought Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Random E30 Craigslist Bought Build

Sup R3v :) kind of late on to making this build thread but better late then never !

Btw its a year worth of pictures you're about to see; Emphasis on the word year lol
    So brace yourself and your data.....

So before I actually get into it, I have no idea of what I was doing during the times I fixed up this car. I had zero experience with cars whatsover. LOL. Didn't even take auto shop in high school a few years ago Of course I knew the basics of what a radiator was and an oil change but I really got into this without any knowledge.. But thanks to the Bentley manual, the internet and youtube and r3v and e30tech and all these great websites I got to learn along the way working on my car. :)

Sept of 2014

And here's the E30! A 1989 Bronzit 325iS :D
    The night I brought it home (ignore the emoji and dark filter lol)

Wasn't even thinking of buying a car at the moment just browsing on craigslist and I came across the ad and it caught my attention. Met up with the guy selling it, I took it for a ride around the block and I just had to have it. Only problem was that it would heat up within 15 mins. :???: made an offer and took it home for $1000. Never will forget how sketchy that drive was and yeah its an automatic didn't think about between auto or stick during the moment. I just wanted the car lol and honestly i've been daily driving a pickup with a 5 speed for the past 3 years and its kinda nice not having to shift haha but that's just my personal preference :)

It had some alarm system in the past but PO didn't use it and disconnected it but left most of it attached. Damn thing went off on me when I was removing it all

Interior wasn't horrible.. besides the batman floor mats it had, broken HVAC panel and whatever the PO did to the driver seat lol

Started from the bottom up and did a headgasket.

Got in contact with Matt (Mr325) and I got my cylinder rebuilt by Shant (Myster-E) ;)
    Shout out to Bimmerheads!

Intake manifold and valve cover all cleaned up and ready to get powdercoated matte wrinkle black

At this point I started to get busier with work since 2015 had just began and started to get distant from doing a lot of things to it but managed a schedule and was able to slowly do some minor "cosmetic look".

Replaced the old rusty exhaust it had with a clean quality one from ebay lol

And about 3 months and a half after I replaced the exhaust my iPhone decides to shut down on me and I lose most of my pics from the work i've done to the car :(

But here's a list of what was done to the car from the pics I lost

-Installed the cylinder head and intake manifold back on
    -Replaced fuel injectors with m50 ones
    -Painted the stock exhaust headers
    -Replaced the HVAC Panel
    -Replaced broken interior door handles
    -Replaced non illuminated window switches
    -Replaced the 13 button OBC
    -Added an antenna delete plug
    -Replaced the cracked airbox
    -Got a new coolant tank
    -Replaced throttle body
    -Replaced driver side lock actuator
    -Added non airbag under dash knee panel
    -Replaced odometer gears

And in May finally my cellphone contract ended and I was able to upgrade to a new phone! :D haha

Replaced engine and hood ground lines. Amazing quality ! Thanks Greg (Bavarian Restoration) :up:

And finally here's how the M20 looks!

Didn't start it up during the time I took that pic.. don't remember why but I think I wanted to change the oil and needed to mix my coolant...? haha

Replaced the fusebox cover and also added a euro plate filler.

And later that afternoon I was scoping out craigslist and I scored on some vinyl comfort seats within the 20 mins the ad was up! Got them for $100 and were in good condition :) Put these in place of the sport seats in the mean time I save up to do a complete repair on my sport seats with its reupholstery, new hardware and shocks ;D The seats came missing with headrests and hardware but I just placed the ones from the sport seats :)

A few weeks later after finally do the oil change and filled it up with coolant I was ready to start it up. Turns out to give a misfire. I made sure everything was connected, rechecked all the fuel lines in detail for cracks, replaced the fuel pump and I couldn't figure out what it was.. But thanks to a member on r3v it turned out to be the c191 wires. PO or whoever owned the car before had jumped the wires by a solder and it was CRAP. Another connection the wires had was simply with electric tape. When I removed that connection I reconnected that black and yellow wire and properly crimped it back together but I didn't see the solder since it was hidden behind the old shrink wrap...

I was thinking of doing a permanent connection from the fuel injector harness to the engine harness or replace the connector with an aftermarket one.. but I felt like if it came down to disassemble something with the injectors or intake manifold i'd have to cut that connection and I couldn't seem to find any aftermarket ones that had the wire sizing for the harness. So I ordered a new fuel injector harness and a ton of connectors.

As I waited for parts I ordered, I barely had started going to junkyards and luckily on my second run to one I found a bronzit '88 sedan. Guess what I did to it ;D

Replaced those messed up fenders and dat hood !

Also plasti dipped the basket weaves since PO or whoever before painted them black with some crap of a paint job lol (plasti dip was free from a friend)

Finally all the parts to replace the connector came and I got connecting and crimping.
    I really don’t like doing electrical work. So damn confusing lmao

(I know I put the wires thru the hole that goes between the connectors lol and no I didn't leave those wires exposed like that :p)

And after that it runs!!! :ST1G:

Took it for a few spins around the neighborhood since the tags aren't "up to date".. :giggle:
    Even tho the valves need a huge adjustment its such a smooth ride.. :)

After an eventful day of cruising and tightening hoses I replaced my dome, trunk and reverse lights to LED's sold from dinanm3atl on r3v.
    They're so bright! and true error free :up:

Also replaced my hazy turn signals lenses with cleaner ones and got new bulbs :D

The windshield was so pitted that I forgot how pitted it was when I drove it around the block before I worked on it, so it needed replacing immediately
    Also got a sunshade to go with it
    (and new wipers. not that I need them any time soon lol)

Has anyone else done this?
    Painted the faded red on all of the seatbelt receptacles.
    (ft my husco armrest. thanks Fercy :up:)

And lastly....
    Got this euro plate as a congratulations gift lol
    Not a true two seater but hey its a coupe and I love that song by Tyler and what it's about :)

Here's some recent stuff that I didn't or forgot to take pics of

-Added rear premium speakers
    -Cleaned up crappy speaker wire PO had
    -Added husco armrest
    -Repainted rocker panels black
    -Replaced ebrake handle with leather one
    -Replaced turn signal stalk with working one

And thats about it pretty much so far.. I'll try to be updating this post with the new updates i've done to the car.
    Never thought i'd actually make a build thread for this car but hey, time to join the cool kids club ;)

Really appreciate it if you've read thru the whole post.
    Thanks for looking and stay tuned! :) :mrgreen:

It's all in the details~~
    FS: Plug n Play Second Trunk Light !
    My Parts for Sale Thread~

x 1984 325e 2.7i ~ CastroMotorsport Built x Daily Driven

Awesome man! Love it. That engine looks so clean and beautiful!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by ginger1340 View Post
      Awesome man! Love it. That engine looks so clean and beautiful!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Thanks bro! I really like the look of the wrinkle black with the red IE Spark plug wires :)

Comment

So lately i've been having a lot of fuel leaks around the fuel rail.

First it was the FPR which never had leaked before.. I replaced its O ring gasket with another one and when I tried to put it back in it was a tight fit. Started the car and ran it for 15 mins. No leak. Shut the car off and ate then came back for another run around the block. Within seconds of driving I started to smell fuel and I quickly U turned and got back onto my driveway. The damn FPR was leaking again... So I removed it again and checked to see if it was the fuel rail and turns out that there was an O ring gasket already placed inside of the fuel rail removed and put pack the FPR in place and no leaks. Two days later I start the car to check for leaks and it leaked again! I went ahead and replaced the whole fuel rail with the FPR.

And same thing over again except this time it was fuel injector number 2. And what I think I might have done was accidentally bumped it as I slid in the replacement fuel rail back in between the intake manifold.. and just today things couldn't even get any worse. I started to remove the fuel rail along with the fuel injectors to get them tested and this happens.

I end up with 3 missing spray tips.. I already checked inside around the engine to see if they might've slipped off but no luck.. do you guys think they might be in the intake manifold ? :( I did find 2 O ring gaskets from the fuel inectors still on the intake manifold so I think they mostly will be :(

Comment

Working...
        X