Pioneer Speakers
    JL Subs
    Comments and critics are welcome!
    The story begins.....
    Back to late June,2015 when I saw her for the first time on a local forum :

Euro heckblende, missing "i" emblem.

Wrong caps, lol

the interior :grin:

Love at the first sight. 100.000km, original interior, clean title. My e30 came with BBS RZ Basketweaves, rare Mtech 1 steering wheel, and OEM euro heckblende. Couldn't be happier since the parts are rare in my country. 95% of the e30 population in Indonesia were the 318i with m40b18 and m10b18 engine . Another bad things are most of e30s in here are sedans and manual transmission. The coupes, verts, and tourings are only less than 100 units. So, it's very hard to own them.
    Back to my e30.... the previous seller want a quite high price for the car. At that time, I couldn't afford it because the price was too high. Didn't contact the seller until early July.
    Last edited by ProjectMalachite; 09-29-2015, 12:48 AM.

July, 2015. Me and the seller reach the deal. :D:D:D:D
    The e30 officially mine muahahha.....
    Arrived @ his new home.
    Removed the center caps because it didnt match the basketweaves

better interior pics :

Plans on restoration :
    -Total Rewiring
    -Refreshment on the Engine
    -New Paint
    -Fix the Rust
    -iS "look" upgrade
    Last edited by ProjectMalachite; 09-29-2015, 12:45 AM.

Comment

Did a test drive and the engine was so lovely. But I felt something strange on the power steering. It had very loose feeling when I turn. Later, I found out there were massive power steering oil leak on the engine. When the night came, I started to check the e30 all around.
      Begin checking :

I found the damaged steering rack and steering shaft. Haven't got the replacement steering rack at that time. So I replaced the culprit first:

the dull steering shaft... didn't take the picture of the steering rack -__-
      Last edited by ProjectMalachite; 09-29-2015, 12:33 AM.

Comment

Nice ride. It's good to see that E30's can be found worldwide still. Welcome to R3V.

Comment

Originally posted by loemerich View Post
          Nice ride. It's good to see that E30's can be found worldwide still. Welcome to R3V.
          Thanks mate! Cheers! :D

Comment

August, 2015.. another thing :
            The car had major rust on the floor. The rust came because the weather condition was bad here. And also, the aircon water flew into the floor which made the rust getting worse.

the carpet didnt stick anymore to the floor.
            next plan : Repair the rust and total repaint to same color, Malachite Green 205. :o;)
            My car was jacked while waiting for the new steering rack and steering shaft :

Comment

UPDATE..... Late July, 2015.. Steering rack removed! checking the undercarriage and i found major rust... this was the condition before repair :

The carpet didn't attached properly because water came in.. it is very difficult to find rust free e30 right here in Indonesia .. unless it is low milleage and still in the pristine condition. Another thing, find a good condition steering rack is very hard, most of then are worn out.. the other option is using the e36 steering rack but i must customized the high and low power steering hose. The car was jacked until early August.

hiks..hiks.. :(
              early August, got the steering rack :D

Wiring job.. repair all fault on the electricity.. broken corner lamp, foglamp, and the aircon switch, etc etc

Comment

Working...
              X