Anybody Into Square Bodies? The Dually Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anybody Into Square Bodies? The Dually Build

I've been dibling and dabling everywhere since selling my m60 vert. I miss it like crazy and have tried numerous projects to get my mind off things and help ease the pain.

My current and most involved project is my 89 Chevy 3500 CC-DRW. I got it for a steal and it's one of the few I found that were rust free and original. The 454 is gutless. Pulls smooth and refuses to pass gas stations.

All these working lights make me smile

Behind it you can kinda get a glimpse of my OBS Powerstroke. She's my daily and I hope to park it for a while once I'm done with this dually. Would be nice to keep the miles off it and only use it when needed. Currently has 354,000 miles and counting.

Back on topic. I've secured a 5.3 to swap in. Will be more than enough and a slight improvement from this boat anchor of a 454. The only thing about this truck in question is if it'll have a 4l80e or a 5spd. Not exactly sure.

I'll be using this thread to keep count of all the shit I bought for it and progress. Completely open to see what you guys have and what mods/resto's you've done. Motivational postings?

Plans!

Powertrain:
    5.3 LM7 swap
    4L80e
    PTO
    Rebuilt driveshaft

Suspension:
    New bushings
    New joints
    Upgraded control arms
    Front coil spring delete
    Rear leaf spring delete
    Rear 4 link
    Fully boxed frame

Misc:
    Suburban Grille and headlight assembly + core support
    Glove box mounted HU with bluetooth
    Bed mounted 10gal air tank
    Upholstered seats
    Dyed dark brown carpet.
    Rag/pano roof.
    22.5" Alcoa's
    Last edited by Vtec?lol; 10-13-2015, 08:46 PM.

Completed the Interior tear down today! So many spiders.

Before:

Cleanest dash I've seen in a while.

After...

And this roof is begging to be cut open. Might not since it's so straight but I do love trucks with open roofs.

Comment

Nice to see this around here. My friend has an 84 Chevy, baby blue, pulled out the stock 6er, swapping a 350 into it... Of course that's gas. All my friends have trucks, and all I have is the e30 hahaha. One has a 01 F-250 Extended cab, another has a 03 F-250 with a loudddd 7.3 powerstroke.... That is a mean truck.

I want a diesel but I can't really justify it with my lifestyle (no need to pull, not that much to load, even working landscape) and I've heard they can be a pain in the winter, and man it gets cold up here in MA. I'll be looking at a 96 F-250 reg cab with a 5.7 gas tomorrow.... Wants $2800 but I'm going to offer around $2000 I think, depending on condition.

A man can dream.

--Mike
      (OO=[][]=OO) For Life

Comment

Cool truck. I'm looking forward to seeing where this goes.

Comment

Thank you for posting here.

Used cars are the best. The possibilities are exciting. That cab is a dance floor and the Alcoas, nice call.
          ACS S3 Build / Dinan 5 E34

Comment

Working...
          X