No announcement yet.

Bringing a Ohio E30 back to life**now on bay shave

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let me know. I keep hearing about Annabells from people at work. I'm in Willoughby, so only probably about 15 min away.
    -Geno

'87 325is (s52'd)
    '95 525iT
    '02 Range Rover 4.6 HSE
    '98 Disco 1

Comment

Originally posted by BlackSpeed66 View Post
      Let me know. I keep hearing about Annabells from people at work. I'm in Willoughby, so only probably about 15 min away.
      For sure. I may be being optimistic, but I'm going to try for Friday. Still have to do timing belt and water pump so it doesn't blow up on me this summer.
      89 325 cabrio in progress m52tub28 swap
      99 540it
      86 Volvo 240 wagon
      99 Cherokee
      13 Passat

Comment

Man small world. It's been about 12-14 years since I've been there, grew up in Willoughby myself. If it's anything like it used to be, watch out for bad drivers and cops lol.

Comment

Originally posted by kid8 View Post
          Man small world. It's been about 12-14 years since I've been there, grew up in Willoughby myself. If it's anything like it used to be, watch out for bad drivers and cops lol.
          Gets even smaller. I lived in TX for six years, made my way back to Ohio a few years ago. Haha yeah that's about how I remember it...I'll bring popcorn.
          99 540it
          86 Volvo 240 wagon
          99 Cherokee
          13 Passat

Comment

Bringing a Ohio E30 back to life

Got the hood resprayed, interior back in and prob a few other things since the last update. Finally washed it and took a few shitty pics.

Still need to shoot the mirrors and find a rear bumper but I don't care. I'm driving it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            99 540it
            86 Volvo 240 wagon
            99 Cherokee
            13 Passat

Comment

Haven't done much or updated in awhile. As of now, I found a rear bumper and it's installed. Waiting to paint till I figure the rear valence situation out. Motor is out of the donor car and have the m20 out of the cabrio. Starting to acquire the swap parts needed here and there. Hopefully the updated will start rolling in a little quicker now.

And here's a few pics.

And I picked up this 4 speed beauty because I have so much free time!
              99 540it
              86 Volvo 240 wagon
              99 Cherokee
              13 Passat

Comment

Beautiful color choice! Hope to see it on the streets soon, we need more e30s in The Land.

Comment

Originally posted by The Real e30 View Post
                  Beautiful color choice! Hope to see it on the streets soon, we need more e30s in The Land.

My goal is to be up and running by the time I switch the insurance back for summer.

I got to put a few more hours in yesterday and today. Sized up the core support and thinking I'll make it removable, also need to replace the damn battery tray.
                  And the aftermath pic.
                  99 540it
                  86 Volvo 240 wagon
                  99 Cherokee
                  13 Passat

Comment

Love this thread. I can't believe I missed it for so long. Good work and can't wait to see it finished. We live close enough that I believe our cars will meet at some point!

Mr. Wolfe
                    sigpic

Comment

Bringing a Ohio E30 back to life

Originally posted by Mr. Wolfe View Post
                      Love this thread. I can't believe I missed it for so long. Good work and can't wait to see it finished. We live close enough that I believe our cars will meet at some point!

Mr. Wolfe

I hope to have it all over this summer but we shall see. The rabbit hole keeps getting deeper.

Today we started operation bay clean. Easily the most satisfying thing I've done to this car yet.

99 540it
                      86 Volvo 240 wagon
                      99 Cherokee
                      13 Passat

Comment

So today I decided I was tired of stepping over the core support, that I'm going to try to document this a little better, and be a little more detailed in the updates.

With that said I got out the spot weld bit, grinder with a cut off wheel and eventually the sawzall.

Drilling out the spot welds.

And doing a little measuring, and I do mean a little.

Some action for the cutoff wheel

And I was left with this.

It's too cold out there now and it's Friday so I'm done. Enjoy your weekend everyone.
                        Last edited by gart; 03-10-2017, 06:11 PM.
                        99 540it
                        86 Volvo 240 wagon
                        99 Cherokee
                        13 Passat

Comment

That color is amazing, pretty close to what I'm thinking about going with on my project. It's not the newer Ford color is it?

Props on such a simple, but clean build so far.
                          WNY e30 Group on FB, feel free to join if you're from the area!

@mriterphoto on instagram

"Being airborne in an e30 is one of the worst ideas that I've done more than a couple dozen times"

me-"I've got one of those rare 7cyl low-comp S62's"
                          MattAvino- "Those aren't rare"

Comment

Originally posted by brainfood View Post
                            That color is amazing, pretty close to what I'm thinking about going with on my project. It's not the newer Ford color is it?

Props on such a simple, but clean build so far.
                            Thanks and I'm not really sure what or if this color came on any production cars. I just picked a color from our consumables supplier at work. I've asked them and they can't find any cars that it came on.
                            99 540it
                            86 Volvo 240 wagon
                            99 Cherokee
                            13 Passat

Comment

Neat build. That tire looks stuffed under there

Comment

Originally posted by Redbone View Post
                                Neat build. That tire looks stuffed under there

I noticed that too. It's an illusion. They only 8's but I keep'em clean.

Today it was to cold to be in the garage so I grabbed the core support and did what I could in the basement. I've read through a couple threads where people have done the removable core support. I like bits and pieces from each one, so here's my take on it.

I started by making the boxed pieces for the ends that meet the inner fenders. Snagged a pretty straight door skin from work for material. I dint tack them in yet because I want to do a test fit first.

Then I started on the mounting point that will be inside the engine bay. Decided to make use of the factory spot weld locations. This is the first piece of a two layered mounting point.

And last part was the piece to fill the space created between the spot weld lip, from the support and the inner fender. Pic should explain better.

I want to do a test fit at this point and see how everything's looking. I may have to do some trimming or adjusting. At that point I'll make the body mounting points for the brackets I just made and figure out the frame rail mounting.
                                Last edited by gart; 03-11-2017, 08:45 PM.
                                99 540it
                                86 Volvo 240 wagon
                                99 Cherokee
                                13 Passat

Comment

Working...
                                X