Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Felix 2.0 (Slow, full rebuild + now ls1)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My buddy is hoping to have the car done by this weekend, so here are today's updates. Rear crossmemeber welded in, and tower boxes built/welded. Started nothing the rear downtubes as well.

WNY e30 Group on FB, feel free to join if you're from the area!

@mriterphoto on instagram

"Being airborne in an e30 is one of the worst ideas that I've done more than a couple dozen times"

me-"I've got one of those rare 7cyl low-comp S62's"
    MattAvino- "Those aren't rare"

Comment

Rear beam looking mint

T U R B O - M 2 0 - B U I L D

M U S C C O O

Comment

Finally found some time to get over and check the car out, mock up the seat for door bar height and check headroom and such. Everything is coming out killer.

Next steps are door bars, a few more braces out back, the strut bar, and we should be good to start welding everything up.

Less talk, more pics:

Anyone have fuel cell recommendations that's not stupid expensive?

"Being airborne in an e30 is one of the worst ideas that I've done more than a couple dozen times"

Comment

The first video in a series that will be made doccumenting the build of my BMW e30... Currently the car is at my buddy Evan's house getting a custom built ca...

Here's some video clips I finally got around to putting together, no major updates recently, Evan's been busy and I'm moving shop space.

Gonna start producing some videos of the build, as well as my other endeavors and shennanigans. If you're remotely interested please give me a follow here, and on instagram @wheresmy10mil

Comment

good stuff. sub'd to your channel.

Originally posted by 2mAn
            The BMW V6 is the best

Comment

Nice looking fabrication.
              Who is the Rochester area fabricator?
              Does he have a shop or does he do this on the side?
              Nice tight hoop, as well as all the other tie ins look great.
              Rare to see. Most E30 cages you can stick your hand between the tubes and the body.
              Jimmy P.
              87 E30 M3 Prodrive British Touring Car
              88 E30 M3 Zinnoberot - Garage Queen
              88 E30 M3 Lachsilber - SCCA SPU #98
              92 M Technic Cabrio - S14 Powered!
              98 318Ti Morea Green
              04 Ford F350 Dually Tow Machine

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyP View Post
                Nice looking fabrication.
                Who is the Rochester area fabricator?
                Does he have a shop or does he do this on the side?
                Nice tight hoop, as well as all the other tie ins look great.
                Rare to see. Most E30 cages you can stick your hand between the tubes and the body.

It's a buddy of mine just outside Rochester. He was formerly the fab guy at Little Speed Shop, now he just takes on fab stuff as side jobs in his barn he's been slowly converting to a full shop (hence the slow progress on the car, just started snowing here so he's waiting on gas lines to get ran for the heater). Eventually he's hoping to go full time with it I believe.

He's got tight tolerances as it is, but when I told him I wanted the car to look like there was no cage in it, he ran with it and that's what I got. It's actually a little tighter than I even anticipated, not sure what I'm gonna do for door panels now haha

Comment

Sorry for the lack of updates everyone, life's been mad busy, changed shop spaces again and had to move a bunch of stuff around. Howeever, one major change has been made, I found a insane deal locally on an ls1+t56 combo, so we're switching power plants.

I know what you're likely thinking, and I'm a bit disapointed as well, but it's just so much more simple to get the ls1 running in the car, and it can make much more power for much less money, so it's hard to pass up.

I'm tossing around ideas for power-adders to the motor, found a few options I like ranging from a Cam+head motor that makes mid 500, to maybe adding ITB's on top of that, or just slapping on a turbo and calling it a day.

That's all pretty far down the line however, so I'm trying to not get too distracted!

However, if someone's interested in my collection of S62 parts, I'm looking to move them sooner than later to free up room and cash!

Comment

Hell of a build man. Can't wait to see more
                    1989 325i LS Swap (Money Pit):https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=244933
                    COTM Feb 2019: https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=428404

Comment

cam/heads and ITBs would be super sick.
                      1984 Delphin 318i 2 door

Comment

nice.
                        E30 buildy things
                        http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=195286

Comment

Working...
                        X