87 eta (progress thread)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

87 eta (progress thread)

Felt like after owning my e30 for a few months now that I should start my project thread. I bought the car in August 2015 for 3500$ after getting a pre purchase inspection done and having a good look of it and a tests drive I made the decision to purchase. Owner provided receipts for 10000$ of receipts for the engine being rebuilt and receipts for a lot of other work being done. After purchasing and insuring it I had about an hour and a Half drive home and made it about 15 minutes down the road till the car died on me. Bcaa saved my ass and got a free tow home saving me almost 300$.

Turned out the fuel tank had rusted from sitting and sucked rust through the fuel pumps ruining them so after replacing the tank and pumps I had a running e30 but was set back 2500$.

I had a great couple months driving my e30 and started researching what I was going to for mods as my car was now mechanically sound until December rolled around and I was blessed with a fence.

I was quite lucky and ended up only ruining the fender and having a small dent in my hood. I haven't noticed anything wrong with it mechanically. I've had it up on a hoist with my schools auto teacher and the front end looked solid and there was nothing noticeable that we could find wrong with it but since I crashed I can feel a slight difference in the steering and am still trying to figure out what was wrong with it.

Today I purchased an 88 325is for parts. Owner claims it only needs the stater to be re wired and it will be running once again but I haven't been been able take a look at it yet. car had been sitting for 8 months so unsure if any problems have occurred during that period of time because mice have gotten into the car and hopefully the wiring isn't all chewed up but for 800$ I thought it was a steal as e30s are a tad bit harder to find in British Columbia and i couldn't say no.

Pic of the front end and engine bay of the car. Has 400xxxkm on it which is high but body was clean. And besides headlights car was stock. I plan on replacing the fender and hood from this car to the one on my eta which are dented along with the tail lights and headlights. I'm going to pull the engine and hopefully as my long term goal do the head swap onto my eta.

Few photos and car specs :

1987 325e
    304xxxkm
    Engine was rebuilt at 260xxxkm
    Black is interior
    Momo wheel
    Short shifter
    Gross alloy rims
    13000$ in receipts for assorted work done
    Head swap hopefully soon

1988 325is

400xxxkm
    No records of last time maintenance was done
    Not running
    Hopefully an easy fix but regardless parts for my eta

Thanks for taking to time to read my progress thread :) il keep posting as I continue working on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

right on keep it up

im not the most knowledgable but i think you got some kinda rare body kit

peep my build thread
    i have 86 325e and 87 325is parts car haha

chilliwack lmao i was born in vancouver
    Legit Sellers: Insomniac912, SixerFixer, 3liter6, NoSnowJustIce, JustXtreme, SLEEPYDUB

Comment

Yea the eta has the bbs kit on it :) forgot to mention that in the post. Are you still located in van?

Comment

No in Winnipeg now, going back soon

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk
        Legit Sellers: Insomniac912, SixerFixer, 3liter6, NoSnowJustIce, JustXtreme, SLEEPYDUB

Comment

That's awesome the bc e30 group on Facebook is trying to get meets organized you should go once your back :)

Comment

Got the is home today just finished cleaning it but it was dark out so couldn't upload pics. Putting the elipsoids on my eta tomorrow and going to clean the is interior. Kinda wish my eta was newer than 87 cause I'm loving the look of the 88 this weekend il hopefully be able to mess around with the starter and see if I can get it running

Comment

Just got back from vacation and have been super busy. Got the elipsoids onto my car though. Trying to find the differences between parts from my eta to the is will everything on the is for the eta? And what parts in the is will be better than what's on my eta what parts in it would out perform those in the eta

Comment

Pulling head off is next weekend to get it machined for the head swap. Pulled cluster and crack free dash yesterday

Comment

Head was fucked. No more head swap. May be getting 91 318is and parting with the eta

Comment

Working...
                  X