My Brilliant Red S50 24v Weekend Car!! [PIC HEAVY]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Aikmanson View Post
    Interesting, where is the car being worked on? They got a lot of e30's there! If you ever venture upstate, let me know and we can get together for some red e30 cruises or what not.

I still know I can fix that paint!
    She's over at OMG Motorworks. Dennis is pretty known on these forums, I decided to let him take care of her for me. I try to get out of the city as much as possible so I am definitely down for some cruises!! Especially since I have still not met anyone around here with an E30 really. Do you ever go to Bear Mountain by any chance? I love that spot for driving!
    Hahah, i don't know if you could fix all the bodywork though! :P

Originally posted by bostonvert View Post
    Gorgeous car, a red 24v e30 is pretty much the ultimate car!

Where in the city are you located? Not too many e30's or any older bmw's in the city, must be because of the horrible roads I guess.
    Thank you sir! Haha yeah the vision of a nicely painted Red E30 cruising down some roads with the S50 purring is what continuously motivates me to keep throwing money at it. I'm down in Williamsburg, New York. Not too many here either but I've seen a handful maybe.
    I'm guessing its cause of the roads too as our roads are nothing at all to boast about. Absolutely hate it here for doing any type of driving.
    sigpic
    2008 E60 528Xi - Daily
    1991 E30 318iS S50 ///M
    1987 E30 325 [SOLD]

Follow my build thread!
    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=385058

Comment

Originally posted by Mike_z View Post
      I got my first car when I turned 18, A gift from my parents for graduating High School second in the Entire school. The gift was my very own, 2008 E60 528Xi.
      I graduated second in my class and I got a hundred dollars lol.
      Hank Ahrens
      1984 Alpine Coupe
      1978 911sc

Comment

Originally posted by ahrensNW View Post
        I graduated second in my class and I got a hundred dollars lol.
        And I'm sure you turned better off that way in life after. Trust me.
        sigpic
        2008 E60 528Xi - Daily
        1991 E30 318iS S50 ///M
        1987 E30 325 [SOLD]

Follow my build thread!

Comment

Lol, your car is clean af dude. It seems like you still have a bit of work to do but you're headed in the right track. Subbed, I'm following this build.
          Hank Ahrens
          1984 Alpine Coupe
          1978 911sc

Comment

Originally posted by Mike_z View Post
            She's over at OMG Motorworks. Dennis is pretty known on these forums, I decided to let him take care of her for me. I try to get out of the city as much as possible so I am definitely down for some cruises!! Especially since I have still not met anyone around here with an E30 really. Do you ever go to Bear Mountain by any chance? I love that spot for driving!
            Hahah, i don't know if you could fix all the bodywork though! :P
            I am a bit further north of that, I have heard its a nice driving area though. I wouldn't be opposed to coming down there for a cruise. I live about 1.5hr's from the city at the moment. My car will be MIA while I perform the engine swap over the next months, but afterwards lets try to meet up if your car is ready to go.

Comment

Hey guys, very long time since I last posted something about the car. She's been with OMG Motorworks for about a month now getting fixed up back to perfection.
              I should be getting the car back soon, so regular updates will hopefully be soon to come.

So far here's what we've got.
              Dennis getting ready to rip her apart.

Here's what was discovered inside

Sure enough a badly installed Headgasket by the previous owner. I was told it failed and leaked into cylinders 4 and 5. Luckily, after taking the head to the machine shop, it was discovered that nothing was wrong with the head, no cracks or leaks or anything, which sure as hell made me happy.

And another one of her taken apart

Dennis (OMG Motorworks) is in the process of putting her back together and we're taking care of the smaller things while we're in there such as these cracked knock sensors

So yeah that's it for now. As of today, I know the car was fired up and ran, Dennis is fixing up some of the wiring issues I've had, with the battery drain stuff, so that's being taken care of as we speak and I should have her back soon!

If you guys are in the tri state area, and have work for your BMW, definitely don't hesitate to give Dennis a call. He keeps you well updated with everything which is definitely nice! I'll tell you guys of the result after I receive the car!

-Mike
              sigpic
              2008 E60 528Xi - Daily
              1991 E30 318iS S50 ///M
              1987 E30 325 [SOLD]

Follow my build thread!

Comment

I am glad to hear you are almost back on the road.
                How to remove, install or convert to pop out windows
                http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=297611

Could be better, could be worse.

Comment

Working...
                X