High Milage FB RX7 Race Car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Behold my financial burden; this thread will document the story of my 1985 Mazda RX7 GSL-SE with 222k miles.

I handed over the $800 for this beautiful Japanese sports car 5/12/16 at 5:25pm. The car had been neglected completely (sitting) for the last two years and, currently, is not getting any fuel to the rotors.

Now for some photos:

The goal for this car is to take her out to our local track here, High Plains Raceway, for some HPDE/open lapping stuff. The current known issues with the car are as follows: wiring issues (thanks mice), no fuel to rotors, and possible coolant seal issue (rebuild time!). Of course, these are just the known issues and others will come up as I get the car driving.

Let's get this show on the road.

P.S. If anyone happens to have a set of 13b rotor housings and rotors in good shape I may be interested.
    Last edited by Griff_; 05-18-2016, 03:25 PM.

Is this the same 13b that the fc has?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    1986 LTW M52 (First project 2015- )
    1998 e36 328ic/5 -
    Roundie alpina pig cheekā€™d (1969)
    1967 2002 parts car
    1994 318iS junked.

Comment

Originally posted by JeLani View Post
      Is this the same 13b that the fc has?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The FC has a different 13b. I can still use irons and rotor housings from the FCs on my engine though.

Comment

Almost ready for the track! Just needs some new tires and fluids now.https://vimeo.com/172488932

Comment

killer wheels!
          Boris - 89 E30 325i
          84- E30 323i

Comment

Working...
          X