Leave a comment:

• FireFight
    replied
    looks really clean!

Leave a comment:

• Rontgen
    started a topic Rontgen's 1990 325iS Build Thread

Rontgen's 1990 325iS Build Thread

New member here with a new project! I'm an E46 & E39 guy (previously owned an E46 M3 and currently own an E39 M5 & an E46 325xi). I've got some experience with newer BMWs and a significant amount of wrench-turning experience in general, but I'm a complete newb to the E30. Looking forward to learning and helping out in what little way I can!

My oldest son is about a year away from getting his learners permit and we've decided to do an E30 project as a way to get him involved in working on cars and for him to have some sweat equity in what he'll be driving. We've been looking locally for a couple months and went to see several cars that were real disasters, both mechanical and cosmetically. As I'm sure you're all aware, there's no shortage of basketcase E30s out there. :)

A few days ago, we found the one. It's definitely still a project car, but it's a complete, running example. It's a 1990 325iS coupe with an automatic. The car does run (albeit not very well) and actually drives very nice once it's up to speed. The drive home was approximately 140 miles and it did it beautifully. The most important part is: The body is straight as an arrow, paint is decent (was repainted with a single-stage Jet Black in 2007/2008ish timeframe) and is an original Oklahoma car with zero rust & rot.

The list of needs and wants is long (like, really long lol), but we have a year+ to work through this and make it happen. Should be plenty of time. Here's some inital pics after a quick wash and vacuum.

Working...
X