325IS Back From the Dead.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

325IS Back From the Dead.

Well...Although the title says back from the dead, the car wasn't exactly dead.
    Backstory-Like many others I've always had aspirations of eventually acquiring a E30 M3, but being a college student, its kind of hard to do. But that sure as heck didn't stop my friends and family from reminding me of my passion.

This is one of my birthday cakes haha.

Courtesy of my girlfriend:)

The car came from North Carolina and was resprayed by my father before I ever got my hands on it, I don't have any pictures but apparently the car was matte black.

The first night I got to drive it was one of the best experiences of my life. This is what it looked like

[IMG]
    [/IMG]
    Ugly shift lever and airbag wheel. ha.

Pretty clean engine bay which I was happy about and found out that the previous owner had put some love into the drivetrain. (little hint in my sig) More about that later. I've been browsing these forums for awhile and I think it's time I start to keep record of the work I've been doing. This community has been super helpful and maybe something I post in the time I've had this car will help someone else fix their car.
    sigpic1990 325IS,
    2.7L bottom end, Shrick 272 Cam, and a heck of a lot of bald tires.

Nice, need some outside pics.
    Continuous For Sale Thread
    323i s50

Comment

I'll be on it later tonight, I've got almost a year worth of stuff I've done to the car that I'll be uploading, unfortunately I didn't all document it, but I have some pictures and I have big plans for the car that I'll keep up with now.
      sigpic1990 325IS,

Comment

Well here are some early photos of the car, one of the first things I did was remove the grilles, tape them off and paint them! They were practically white and it was a little distracting.

Krylon Satin black and it came out pretty darn good. I was satisfied.
        The Old airbag wheel was definitely not my taste, and I scored a Mtech1 wheel for cheap off another member here.

I then replaced the old pioneer head unit with a clarion deck I had out of an old master craft boat. Unfortunately the amp in the back was much longer than I had expected so it stuck out about an Inch and a half and drove like this for about 8 months

Like I said I didn't take very good pictures early on. but as time progressed I got better and better at this.

I figured I'd want to know when to do Oil changes, filters ect. So I picked up the garagistic VDO kit and put together my Odometer one afternoon.

sigpic1990 325IS,

Comment

My families had a '91 vert since it was practically new (with style 10 wheels) but for some reason R3v won't let me upload them. Anyways, I had a little oil leak from the VC that needed to be addressed.
          I had recently picked up a 325e VC from the junkyard and sanded, painted, and sanded again. I think it brought the engine bay 50 years into the future.

Out with the old...

Ive seen better....I've seen worse...

Junkyard Valve Cover

Sanded

Bathed in degreaser.

I used VHT wrinkle paint, and contrary to what people have criticized about it flaking off, its been on almost a year now and looks the same as the day I put it on. Would recommend. I did however bake it as instructed for an hour in the oven which may be a step people overlook.

Definitely worth it.

I didn't realize at the time that the intake support bracket was different between the early and late model cars , so I drove over t the local yard and grabbed another one and threw it on.
          sigpic1990 325IS,

Comment

Looking good!
            Originally posted by kronus
            would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

Originally posted by agent View Post
              Looking good!
              Thanks, I'm trying to put up some old stuff, then this weekend I'm going to swap my dash from this...

To this! (perfect condition) also will be coupled with a EuroClock

Some other stuff that I'll skip over but I've changed are U.s. headlights to Ellipsoids.->Looking for Smileys

I added a splinter, truthfully to protect the bottom of he IS lip from the road.

Also somewhere down the line the rear seat was replaced with a blue comfort seat, so I found this rear seat for $200 with original leather. Couldn't be happier.

And here are the front seats.

Almost perfect condition aside from the driver side bottom. Eventually I will reupholster them in Black to match the rear.
              sigpic1990 325IS,

Comment

More Pictures Just for fun

I FINALLY got to upload a picture of the vert!
                sigpic1990 325IS,

Comment

Working...
                X