*!Build of the year candidate!* Strange PNW Build: E30+Volvo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by adam.nonis View Post
    If you want to give input, you’ve got until 6:30 AM PST tomorrow. I’ll be setting up a go pro doing time lapse photos. Do you want really wide angle (like gets almost all of the shop), medium side view (mostly just the car) or more from the front back? I’m only gonna set it up once and leave it for the next batch of days. Except to download when it gets full.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    '90 325i sedan daily driven
    '85 325e coupe also a daily

Comment

Well, I’ll work on editing and uploading the time lapse when I get home, but I put ten seconds between captures and it’s really choppy and goes fast. I’ll reset it to one second for tomorrow.

Only thing I took pictures of was pinching the door to gain clearance where the E30 jamb overlaps.

It was actually touching before and the door wasn’t all the way closed.

Comment

Last night I downloaded the video, found out the video editing software I have access to doesn’t do playback speed editing. I find another editing software, download it, edit the video (25% speed is just about right), add music and go to save it and get a “you’re using the free trial version. There’ll be a giant watermark across your video and it’ll only play half the music unless you pay $60” message!! Fuuuuu. Had the wife download a different editing software today, so I will try again.

Set up the GoPro today with one second intervals, hit start and get to work. Go through the whole day. Shut everything down and go to turn off the GoPro. Unresponsive to anything. Eventually it says “file restored”, but only shows a one second video. Didn’t record any of today. Figured I’d have video, so I didn’t take many pics. Here is what I got.

Two days in and only one side body worked. Slow goings, but still progress. This was the worst side as well. Gaps aren’t show car tight, but much closer to even than they were. Tomorrow’s another day.

Comment

Comment

Nice. It is going to look great.
            How to remove, install or convert to pop out windows
            http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=297611

Could be better, could be worse.

Comment

I'm convinced now, you are a wizard.
              Great job, this car is trully amazing as it is, but you continue to make it even better. Hats off to you, sir.
              '85 Alpine Weiß 2-door with m20b30 ground up build

Comment

Today was kind of a chill day. I got a late start so I could have coffee with the wife in the morning. Also spent some time futzing with something I WANTED to, not what I HAD to. New list.

Fun stuff. I wanted to add side marker lights, but it had to be Adam spec. I got some Swedish metal emblems last year and I really like them. The shape is pretty classic as well so I decided to mount a piece of acrylic behind them and back light them for the side marker. I didn’t want them to hang off the fender a ton, so I made a tool to emboss the fender for the acrylic and the emblem. I know the physics says that to keep the stress low the metal has to move from somewhere so I made sure to remove the middle and connect the alignment/pressure holes. It will also allow the middle portion of the acrylic to be thick which helps diffuse the light. Next I made an alignment jig so the emblem will be parallel to the rear edge of the fender. Anyway....

Also found a crease in the bottom of the door that I didn’t know was there.

I’ll upload the time lapse for today in a bit.

Comment

That is such a unique and cool idea. I love the shit you come up with.
                  How to remove, install or convert to pop out windows
                  http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=297611

Could be better, could be worse.

Comment

Wide angle shot. Let me know which view you prefer.

Comment

No lie, my jaw literally drops with every one of your posts where you share your process to create a custom piece. Such fantastic stuff!
                      Zelig the Zinno • 300k and counting
                      http://instagram.com/zelig.the.zinno

Comment

Sometimes I miss this car. One day I’ll get another 245 and do the same thing again. So simple. So much attention.

Comment

Originally posted by Shu View Post
                          No lie, my jaw literally drops with every one of your posts where you share your process to create a custom piece. Such fantastic stuff!

Thanks man. I really enjoy sharing this stuff almost as much as I enjoy building it.

Comment

Your work never hesitates to put a smile on my face. Glad to see you turning a negative into a well done positive.
                            '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Well, another late start day with some non-essential messing around. Still got the driver’s side ready for primer first thing in the morning. Found more dings and stuff than I thought I had.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X