X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• adam.nonis
    replied
    Originally posted by ForcedFirebird View Post
    Not much to add, except I am jealous of you access to CNC machining. I have a vintage machine that's been a rough 3 year restoration project (it was the machine I learnt to program, as well as CAD/CAM over a decade ago), but is still inop at the moment. Miss the days of "take 1hr of CAD, 15min to pop out my custom on-off part" lol.

An older version of this machine is what I use. Simple, but most of the stuff I make is pretty simple too.

3 axis KL-6090 Desktop CNC Router (24 x 36 x 6 inch), Mach3 Ethernet Connection https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00I8R6ZWE..._ZQ0.BbD6ZJXB1

Leave a comment:

• ForcedFirebird
    replied
    Not much to add, except I am jealous of you access to CNC machining. I have a vintage machine that's been a rough 3 year restoration project (it was the machine I learnt to program, as well as CAD/CAM over a decade ago), but is still inop at the moment. Miss the days of "take 1hr of CAD, 15min to pop out my custom on-off part" lol.

Leave a comment:

• adam.nonis
    replied
    Made an oil pressure block for the dash light and ECU. I used nickel copper brake line. I welded a -4AN fitting to a turbo banjo line that threaded into the OE oil pressure sender port.

I added DEI titanium wrap to the up pipe to keep the gasses hot and keep all the other hoses nearby safe. I also added an 1/8” NPT port near the turbine inlet. My tuner says we can put a pressure sender there (with some tube to insulate from the heat) to get a feel for turbine sizing and pressure ratio (or something like that).

Leave a comment:

• adam.nonis
    replied
    Few more things done:

-thermostat spacer to add an E30 temp sender for the dash gauge.

-upper intake spacer to clear taller injectors (S40 injectors are short and I’ll probably just run greens for now)

-hardlines for turbo coolant in/out. Had to order some different -10 fittings for the drain and still waiting on a straight -4 for oil feed as well as the time to weld the -4 and -10 steel fittings to the OE hardlines.

Oh, also added some 3/8” stainless bar to support the turbo

Leave a comment:

• adam.nonis
    replied
    Originally posted by LateFan View Post
    I don't get it either....

I ran across a guy named Canuck on TB - does a lot of 122 mods, sheet metal, engine swap, chassis swap, etc. Know that name?

Trying to learn what reasonable things can be done with a bored B20 vs swapping, and 122 suspension tweaks. You get so many opinions, from "Yeah bruh, I pro rally mine" to "These are POS tractors, get a Lotus!"

I know of him. People like the B20. Very reliable. Carbs and points. The only thing I think that can be a hinderance to performance would be the stock carbs. I don’t know a ton about the stock engines. Pretty much everyone I’ve been around just swaps them right away.

Suspension is solid axle rear and dual a-arm front. The a-arms are pretty close together too, so I think you get some weird camber changes with articulation. Plenty of people race them, but mostly in vintage classes without doing big changes.

TL:DR I don’t really know much about stock 122s.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X