X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Donkeyshins
    replied
    Originally posted by adam.nonis View Post
    Let's see. New coolant tank needed, bigger firewall grommet, room for new air filter and had a batch of stickers made to commemorate to swap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    You need an additional sticker showing an E9x underneath the Volvo and E30. 😂

Leave a comment:

• adam.nonis
    replied
    Let's see. New coolant tank needed, bigger firewall grommet, room for new air filter and had a batch of stickers made to commemorate to swap.

Leave a comment:

• adam.nonis
    replied
    Test fit number one

Leave a comment:

• Donkeyshins
    replied
    Crossing fingers here.

Leave a comment:

• adam.nonis
    replied
    Aaaaaannd heeeeeere we gooo..,,

Leave a comment:

• Northern
    replied
    Hands down the best looking N52

Leave a comment:

• adam.nonis
    replied
    Ok, installed some BC coilovers this weekend (didn't really take pics cause that's pretty saturated out there) and stuffed the trans onto my engine with a single mass flywheel kit. The. Dropped it onto my fancy trolley I made for the guys at Strassen to pull and install E30 stuff once I'm done with it. Can pull assemblies with, or without the subframe. Good for pressure washing or dry ice blasting too.

Leave a comment:

• Donkeyshins
    replied

Picinic

Next to an M3 and a Touring. <chef's kiss>

Leave a comment:

• adam.nonis
    replied

Picinic

Leave a comment:

• CubbyChowder
    replied
    That bumper looks great

Leave a comment:

• adam.nonis
    replied
    Originally posted by Northern View Post
    Love it, thank you. Unfortunately seems to be about as expensive as any of the 3M versions, most of the stuff I have is time expired aviation crap, either PTFE 3M 5491 (which is flexible and great, except it sticks like hell and the adhesive sometimes separates and stays behind) or the polyester 'green tape' 3M 8992 (doesn't stretch at all, so no compound curves)

From the pictures, that looks like a nice in-between, which would be way more useful despite the cost lol
    As I get older, I realize there's a trade-off of time or money. These days my time is far more valuable than spending too much for some tape. I understand though. I'm cheap. The main reason I make everything myself.

Leave a comment:

• Northern
    replied
    Love it, thank you. Unfortunately seems to be about as expensive as any of the 3M versions, most of the stuff I have is time expired aviation crap, either PTFE 3M 5491 (which is flexible and great, except it sticks like hell and the adhesive sometimes separates and stays behind) or the polyester 'green tape' 3M 8992 (doesn't stretch at all, so no compound curves)

From the pictures, that looks like a nice in-between, which would be way more useful despite the cost lol

Leave a comment:

• adam.nonis
    replied
    Originally posted by Northern View Post
    I don't know if you're willing to share what you're doing for mould release (and is that blue tape - 3M 8902?)?

Finished product looks sweet.
    I don't gate keep any info. I generally do Partall paste wax and PVA. The blue tape is just generally referred to as “flange tape” and nothing sticks to it. On the inner portion of the part, I didn't use any mold release, just completely covered with tape.

Flash Tape is used to secure the position of materials within a vacuum bag—like peel ply, release film, and breather/bleeder—so they don't slide out of position prior to, or during, the vacuum process. It is designed to withstand up to 400°F, and will release cleanly, leaving no residue, once the process is complete. Tape Dimensions: 1 and 2 widths; 72 yards per roll

Leave a comment:

• Northern
    replied
    I don't know if you're willing to share what you're doing for mould release (and is that blue tape - 3M 8902?)?

Finished product looks sweet.

Leave a comment:

• Donkeyshins
    replied
    It's a sickness

Another 17lbs off the nose

Damn. Pretty soon this is gonna be the all-carbon fiber E30 Volvo N52.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X