Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ryan's Hennarot 318is (s54, slicktop conversion, MT2)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I keep seeing this e30 roll by on the street. Turns out he/she works at the Mazda dealership here so I pulled in and took a pic. Maybe I'll run into he/she at some point.

Build Thread: Ryan's Hennarot 318is
    COTM Aug 2019

Comment

Car started running terribly last month. It dogged under 3k and then sprung to life when it went into the higher RPM range. Classic Vanos symptoms. I never touched it when I did the original swap so it was definitely due.

First I did the valve adjustment. I was told the engine was low mileage and it seemed to be in great shape. Only three valves needed a slight adjustment.

I followed this with the Besian seals rebuild and also their rebuilt solenoid. Overall the process was very straightforward and their instructions were super easy to follow. The only mistake I made was damaging one of the seals on install so it set me back a week while I waited for the replacement

It RIPS now!

I think my next project might be the exhaust. I'd really like to quiet it down. Maybe add an x-pipe or something to reduce the rasp.
      Build Thread: Ryan's Hennarot 318is
      COTM Aug 2019

Comment

Working...
      X